Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Perfect Guys Only Appear In Bands

Chapter 2

by xoxofrnk 1 review

I kept my eyes on my sneakers as I trailed along the chewing-gum speckled pavement alongside the chug of traffic. I wished I had not left my Ipod at home because the silence that surrounded me made...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-11-08 - Updated: 2012-11-08 - 606 words

0Unrated
I know this is short but I've been revising for an exam I had today so should put some bigger chapters up soon. Hope you enjoy!
xoxofrnk


I took my time putting my books away. I hoped the corridors would clear before I headed out. I ignored the substitute who was tapping his wrist trying to tell me to hurry up. I started to go slower to pisshim off. I was probably never going to see him again, so why not add him to the list of people who hate me. I tugged my hood up and brushed the greasy black hair from my eyes. By the time I had finally left the classroom the only person in the corridor was a caretaker. I ran down the stairs, my sneakers squeaking in the stairwell. Pushing open the door I saw that outside it was considerably sunny. I huffed in disappointment. I didn't like sun. I prefer a cover of grey clouds, preferably accompanied with rain. Or, even better, the comforting, cool cover of darkness that came with the night. I loved nights. Everyone would be sleeping, you could go out and scream at the world and no one would hear it. You could cuss and curse at the sky and the stars and they would twinkle back in reply. But instead the round, yellowed sun hung like a cheap light bulb on the broad horizon. It was a strange experience being in school when everyone had left, but one I valued. You would think I couldn't wait to get out of this place. Wrong. I prefer to be unpredictable. Unexpected. The sun did nothing to warm the air so my flesh went numb by the time I had gotten to the old, rusty gate that led out of the school. I kept my eyes on my sneakers as I trailed along the chewing-gum speckled pavement alongside the chug of traffic. I wished I had not left my Ipod at home because the silence that surrounded me made me feel more and more alone as time passed. Alone and worthless.


From the second I opened the front door I knew my Mom wasn't home. The soft hum of grunge music shook the house. Mikey. I threw my backpack against the hall wall. I shuffled into the kitchen and saw a post it note on the coffee machine.

'Will be back from work late. Next door should come check on you and dinner is in the fridge. Ma xxxx'

I opened the cupboard above my head. Getting out my DC Comics and Mikey's Misfits mugs I made us both coffee. Tucking a packet of biscuits under my arm I struggled up the stairs to my little brother's room. After a few kicks on the door Mikey's head peeked around the door. He smiled and swung it open.
"Sweet," He said grabbing his coffee. "I thought you were next door."
I smiled and entered his bedroom.
"You saw the note too, then." I said sitting myself down on the dark blue carpet next to a pile of unknown hazards that appeared to be last months clean clothes.
"Nope," He laughed sipping his coffee and smiling at my caution to the pile. "Mom told me this morning. I think you were still asleep."
I ripped into the biscuits, pondering. I hardly ever saw Mom anymore. I was always asleep or drawing or singing or at school. Why did school take up so much of my goddamn time?

Was it any good? :/ Please review! I would like some feedback because if you don't think it's good I will delete it :D
Sign up to rate and review this story