Categories > Original > Drama > Growing Up

Chapter 14

by atomickilljoy 4 reviews

"Please. Say something. Anything! Get mad at me, scream at me, just say something!"

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-11-09 - Updated: 2012-11-10 - 709 words

0Unrated
"What?" Jennifer asked.

"I cheated on you." Brendon whispered, eyes shut.

"Oh my God." Jennifer whispered.

"Yeah."

They stood in silence, Jennifer looking at Brendon, while he had his eyes shut.

"How many times?" Jennifer asked, breaking the silence.

"The truth, or a lie?" Brendon asked

"Truth."

"10..." Brendon said.

"With who?" Jennifer asked.

Brendon's eyes shot open.

"Look, it doesn't matter now-"

"With who, Brendon?" Jennifer asked again.

"Kayla." Brendon whispered.

"No. Please. Not her. Anyone but her." Jennifer pleaded.

"I'm sorry" he whispered, reaching out to Jennifer.

She pulled away from him.

"Oh god...I can't even look at you right now!" Jennifer exclaimed, looking at the floor.

"I'm sorry! I get jealous, and Karen told me you were cheating on me, so I got some revenge." Brendon said.

Jennifer stayed silent for a while.

"Say something?"

Jennifer still stayed silent, refusing to talk.

"Please. Say something. Anything! Get mad at me, scream at me, just say something!" Brendon pleaded.

"We're over. Get out." Jennifer whispered.

Brendon did exactly as he was told, and got out of the comic book shop. As soon as he left, Jennifer closed the shop, went back home and cried, something she rarely ever did.

**

Jennifer bawled her eyes out. All she ever did was stay in her room and cry. Her brothers did nothing to help her, and her mom was rarely around. She was always working. Her brothers would even spend as much time as possible away from the house, so they were rarely around, too. It was always just Jennifer, crying.

One day, someone was knocking on the door. They almost never had any visitors at all. Jennifer, getting a baseball bat, opened the door.

"SURPRISE!" Patrick yelled. He had two bags, and was dressed in a onesie, which Jennifer had to admit, was adorable.

"Trick! What are you doing here?" Jennifer asked.

"I heard you felt like shit. So, Dr.Stump is here with all of the cures for a bad breakup." Patrick said, walking in.

"Trick! I look like shit." Jennifer said.

"No you don't. Now, where's your TV? I heard there were some fantastic movies on tonight!" Patrick exclaimed.

"Um...Trick? You do realize that if my brothers come home, they're going to beat the shit out of you?"

"Well, if they left you here, and didn't realize you felt like shit, well, they must not be very good brothers then." Patrick called out from the kitchen.

Jennifer sighed and joined Patrick in the kitchen.

"So, what are we making?" Jennifer asked.

"We're making a huge sundae. One that I like to call "Smile On A Sundae", because a sundae can make anyone smile. And, it sounds like the weekday Sunday." Patrick said.

Within 10 seconds, Patrick had a huge sundae prepared. It had mint chocolate chip, chocolate, rocky road, and vanilla ice cream, topped with marshmallows, fudge, and a single cherry.

"Good lord...Trick...we're gonna get really fat." Jennifer said, walking towards Patrick, who was already in front of the T.V with a blanket wrapped around him.

"Who cares? Lord knows you can gain a little weight. This breakup has been really tough on you, hasn't it?" Patrick asked, eyeing Jen as she sat down with him.

"I guess it has." Jennifer said.

"What Brendon-"

"No. Don't say his name." Jennifer said, her eyes getting teary.

"Okay, okay! Don't cry! Let's rename him Douchebag!" Patrick said.

Jennifer smiled.

"What Douchebag did is fucking pathetic. You deserve much better than that." Patrick said.

Right then, the phone rang. Jennifer went over and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Jennifer! It's me, Derrick! Adam, mom and I went to visit family. We were going to take you, but you were in your room, and it just wasn't worth it. I don't know what you're gonna eat, but I'm sure you'll figure something out! We'll be back in two weeks! Bye!" Derrick said, before hanging up.

For this one time, Jennifer was happy they hadn't taken her to California to visit family.

"How long are you gonna be here, Trick?" Jennifer asked, sitting back down next to him.

Patrick shrugged.

"Good. You're gonna stay here for two weeks." Jennifer said.

Patrick smiled, happy he brought a bunch of clothes.

"Cool."
Sign up to rate and review this story