Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Past Ain't Through With You

Another Way

by carmen 2 reviews

Christmas Day

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-11-10 - Updated: 2012-11-10 - 5063 words

5Moving
Holly smiled in her sleep as her body reacted to the touch of Gerard’s hand on her breast. She automatically snuggled her body closer to his heat. Then without warning her brain registered another feeling and her eyes flew open. “Oh.”

Gerard’s eyes flew open too when he felt Holly’s body tense. It only took a moment to realize why.

Sitting on the coffee table staring at them was Molly.

“Merry Christmas.” She sang out.

Slowly Gerard slipped his hand out from under Holly’s pajama top thankful for the blanket that was covering their bodies.

“Mommy, Daddy, it snowed.” Molly clapped her hands.

Holly found her voice first. “Good morning Baby. Merry Christmas.”

Gerard kept one arm around Holly put lifted his body up on his other elbow. “Snow you say?” He heard Holly giggle softly.

“Yeah Daddy, snow.”

Holly rubbed the sleep from her eyes. “Wow and Santa was here.” She said glancing over at the tree.

“Yep.” Molly smiled. “I knew he’d find me.”

“How come you haven’t started tearing into those gifts?” Gerard asked.

“I was waiting for you guys to wake up.” Molly said looking quite serious.

“How long have you been sitting there?” Her mother asked.

Molly giggled, “I don’t know.”

Holly rolled over slightly to look at Gerard and saw he was smiling.

“Well we’re awake now. Don’t you want to see what Santa brought you?” He asked.

Molly nodded.

“I’m sure he must have brought you something you wanted.” Gerard said hopefully.

“Silly Dadddy.” Her daughter giggled. “He did.”

Gerard was confused. “But you haven’t opened any of your presents yet so how do you know?”

“Daddy.” Molly grinned. “Because.”

Gerard looked down into Holly’s face hoping she understood because he was definitely starting to think he needed some caffeine.

Holly looked at him a moment then turned to her daughter. “Honey, did you ask Santa for snow?”

Molly shook her head. “No but I like it too.”

Slowly Holly sat up. Reaching over she took Molly’s hand. “Your dad and I are confused. What did you ask Santa for?”

Molly smiled brightly. “For you and Daddy to be together. For us to be a real family.”

Holly’s eyes grew wide. She looked over at Gerard and saw the smile on his face.

“You guys are together, right?” Molly asked suddenly becoming very serious. “You guys love each other?”

“Oh Honey.” Holly’s voice was full of emotion. “You wanted Santa to bring us together?”

Molly nodded. “Yep and he said he’d try real hard.”

Gerard patted the sofa. “Come here, you.”

Quickly Molly slid off the table and joined them on the sofa. Both Gerard and Holly hugged her tightly.

“See this is the best Christmas ever.” Molly said happily.

Holly’s eyes filled with tears of joy. “Yeah Baby, it is.”

“And we’re gonna be a real family now?” Her innocent voice full of hope.

Gerard ruffled her hair. “Your mom says she’s gonna marry me.”

Molly clapped her hands. “Soon?”

Holly laughed, “Yeah, soon.”

“Good.” Molly nodded then added with a giggle, “Now I want to open my other gifts.”

Gerard laughed, “Well get to it.”

As they watched their daughter tear across the room to the tree Gerard took Holly’s hand.

“Oh lookie.” Molly cried out. “The doll house is for me and Bandit.” It had been too large to wrap so they’d simply but a tag on it.

“I bet you and B will have lots of fun playing with that.” Holly said tearing her gaze away from Gerard to look at Molly.

“Sure will.” Molly nodded as she peered inside the structure. “Hope she gets here soon.”

Gerard glanced at his watch. “Uh, it’s still pretty early. B won’t be here for a few hours.”

As Molly started unwrapping another gift Holly whispered. “All that stress over trying to finding out what she’d asked for.”

He squeezed her hand. “I love you so much, woman.”

Holly leaned back against his body and he wrapped his arms around her. “Ditto.” She whispered.

******************

An hour later Holly was in the kitchen making breakfast while Molly was near the tree playing with her Christmas gifts. Gerard, knowing that the guards changed shifts at 8 am had told Holly he was going to drive down and wish Nick a Merry Christmas. Holly had laughed knowing he wanted to see for himself that Nick was working and that she hadn’t imagined it all. He’d assured her that wasn’t the case but after all the events of the previous evening she understood.

Holly was just placing the first piece of French toast in the pan when Gerard walked into the kitchen looking confused.

“Did you talk to Nick?’ She asked.

Slowly he shook his head. “He’s not working.”

Holly was shocked, “Gee, I really talked to him last night. I didn’t imagine that.”

“Oh, I know.” He nodded still looking very confused. “I talked to John. He explained that Nick had filled in for him last night but only until he could get back. His mom was better so he came back to work. Matter of fact he said he saw your car driving back up the road just as he reached the gate.”

Holly checked the French toast but it wasn’t ready to flip. “Oh, so what’s wrong?”

Before he could answer Molly was at his side. “Where did you go daddy?” She’s been so busy playing she hadn’t realized he’d left until now.

“I thought Nick was working so I went down to tell him Merry Christmas…”

“Silly daddy.” Molly giggled, “Nick didn’t work here last night.”

Suddenly Holly’s eyes grew wide as a thought formed in her mind. “Molly, you know that because he wasn’t at the gate last night when we got back from Mikey and Alicia’s house, right?”

“Mommy, Nick couldn’t work here last night.”

Gerard was staring at Holly.

Holly tried to keep her voice normal. “He couldn’t?”

Molly giggled “No. It was Christmas Eve.”

The smell of burning bread caused Holly’s attention back to the pan. “Oh, crap.” She muttered seeing she’d just burnt the French Toast.

Molly ran back into the living room to play with the doll house. Gerard watched as Holly lifted the burnt French Toast out of the pan then threw it in the sink.

“Uh.” Gerard wasn’t sure what to say. “She thinks..” He paused.

Holly turned to him. “Yeah, she does.”

For a moment they stared at each other then Gerard quickly shrugged off his coat. He placed it on the back of the nearest chair then took off down the hallway to his study. Holly was still standing near the stove looking confused when he returned. The look on his face as he handed the photo to her was one of shock and wonder. “How did we not see?” He whispered.

Holly took the photo and looked at it carefully. “Oh, my God.”

“That is Nick.” Gerard said softly. “Isn’t it?”

“Wow he looks so different in the Santa suit.” Holly whispered. “But, yeah.”

Gerard leaned against the counter. “So he was the Santa who filled in up at Big Bear that day.”

Holly was still studying the photo. “Wow.”

He took a step back to make sure Molly was still occupied with her toys then lowered his voice. “There’s more. John told me that he’d gotten a call this morning from the property manager. Seems Nick called early this morning and quit.”

“Quit?”

“Yeah, guess he told them he’s really enjoyed working here but that he felt it’s time for him to move on.”

Holly frowned, “We won’t ever see him again.”

Gerard shook his head, “Holly, this is all so crazy.”

Suddenly from the living room came the sound of Molly’s voice singing a Christmas tune. Holly’s face broke into a smile. “I think it’s really all very wonderful.”

Moving quickly he pulled her into his arms. “Yeah, I do agree with that. Whoever Nick was I believe he brought us together.”

Holly nuzzled his neck. “He pointed out I had a choice to choose my path.” Gently she kissed his cheek. “And that path lead right back here, to you.”

*******************

After breakfast Gerard was helping Holly clean up when Molly suddenly ran to the front window. “Bandit’s here.” She yelled happily.

“Now the fun is really gonna begin.” Holly laughed as she wiped off her hands.

Gerard gave her a quick kiss then headed to the front door.

“Merry Christmas.” Lindsey sang out.

“Come on in.” Gerard smiled. As soon as Bandit walked through the door he scooped her up into his arms. “How’s my B?” He asked kissing her cheek.

“Santa bring Bandit prezzies.” Bandit answered as her gaze went to the Christmas tree.

Gerard laughed as he set her back down. “Yeah, well he left some prezzie for you here, too. Lets slip off your shoes and you can go take a look.”

Bandit nodded while he removed her snow covered shoes.

“Sorry about that.” Lindsey laughed. “As soon as she got out of the car she ran through as much snow as she could on the way to the door.”

“Can’t believe how much snow you got here.” Jake said as he and Lindsey both carefully whipped their feet on the small rung just inside the door.

“Great, ain’t it?" Gerard smiled. “Okay B, go.” The little girl was off like a shot.

“Lookie B.” Molly cried out. “This is ours.” She pointed to the doll house.

Gerard watched a minute as Molly pointed out the unwrapped gifts Santa had left for her sister. “Hey, come on in and sit.” Gerard said to his guests.

Jake placed his arm around Lindsey. “We got a few minutes. Don’t have to be at Tom’s until eleven.”

Lindsey smiled, “Yeah, okay.”

Once they were seated Gerard headed to the kitchen to get Holly but it was empty. He started down the hallway to find her but she was already coming out of the girl’s bedroom. “I have something for them.” She smiled holding up the wrapped package she’d stashed in her bag.

Gerard nodded as he put his arm around her waist.

“Merry Christmas.” Holly said as they reached the living room. “Here.” She handed the present to Lindsey.

“Oh Holly.” Lindsey said softly. “Thanks but I didn’t know you were getting me anything.”

“It’s actually for you and Jake.” Holly smiled.

Lindsey moved closer to Jake so that there was room for Holly and Gerard to sit on the sofa. She tried to hide her surprise when Gerard put his arm around Holly and pulled her close.

Holly giggled. “Surprised?” She had seen the look on Lindsey’s face.

“Surprised but very happy.” Lindsey said softly.

“Hey, aren’t you gonna open our present?” Jake said to his wife.

“In a minute.” Lindsey laughed. “I’m watching B open her Santa gifts.

The adults watched with smiles on their faces was wrapping paper flew in every direction. Bandit gave each gift a quick look then moved to the next that Molly handed her.

“Now these say they are for both of us.” Molly explained to her sister. So far each girl had two Barbie dolls but the unopened gifts were the clothes. “These are from Daddy.”

As both girls tore into those packages Molly cried out excitedly. “Oh lookie, B. Now our dolls have lots of clothes.”

“That’s a nice doll house.” Jake said. “Big.”

Gerard laughed, “Yeah, big and bought unassembled.”

“It took a long time to assemble.” Holly added with a smile. She felt Gerard’s arm tighten around her. “Hours.”

For several minutes they watched the girls choose outfits for their dolls then Lindsey looked down at the package in her lap. Slowly she tore into the paper until the frame Holly made was visible. “Oh, it’s beautiful.”

Jake nodded, “Wow, you made that?” He guessed.

Before Holly could answer Lindsey pointed out the white bells. “Our wedding photo will look wonderful in this.”

“That’s what I hoped.” Holly said softly.

Lindsey reached across the sofa for Holly’s hand. “Thank you.”

Holly smiled, “No, thank you. You might not realize it but you did give me a gift.”

Lindsey tilted her head, “I did?”

“The stained glass I used to make that came from the pieces you and I found.”

“Really?” Lindsey said looking at the frame again.

“Yeah” Holly nodded. “That day you said something to me that didn’t mean much to me at the time but later..” She smiled, “I filed it away in my brain.”

Lindsey was beginning to understand. “Oh, the path.”

“Yeah, right path but the time was wrong.” Holly said softly.

“And now the time is right.”

Holly smiled then turned to kiss Gerard.

Jake’s voice caused Lindsey to laugh, “I’d say that proves it must be the right time.”

Breaking off the kiss Holly nodded, “Yeah, definitely.”

“I’m so happy for both of you.” Lindsey said her voice full of emotion.

Gerard locked eyes with her former wife. “Thanks, Linds. I’m really happy for you too.”

Jake laughed, “Then it’s settled we’re all happy.”

Lindsey leaned back into his arms. “Yeah, you got that right.”

********************

Holly had just closed the oven door when Gerard walked into the kitchen. “Man, that smells good.” He smiled. “They should be here any minute.”

Holly nodded, “Good.” She glanced around the kitchen. “Every thing including the Apple Brown Betty, is ready.” She called out for Molly.

“Yes, mommy?” Molly said as she joined them in the kitchen.

Holly kneeled down in front of her. “Honey, this is really important.”

Gerard leaned against the counter with a look of confusion on his face. What was important?

“Okay.” Molly nodded. “What?”

“When everyone gets here I don’t want you to say anything about your dad and me getting married.”

Molly and her father were both frowning.

“How come?” Molly asked slowly.

Holly looked up and saw how upset Gerard looked. She turned her attention back to her daughter. “Well because Aunt Alicia has some really important news she wants to share with everyone today. It’s really special and I want her to get to do that.”

“Oh.” Molly nodded, “You mean about the baby.”

This time it was Holly who frowned. “Baby?”

Molly nodded, “Yeah Aunt Alicia told me when we were making cookies but she made me promise not to tell anyone.” She stopped. “Oh no. I wasn’t supposed to tell you.”

“It’s okay.” Holly smiled, “She told me too. But yeah, that is her special news and we all have to act really excited when she and Mikey tell us.”

Molly grinned, “Yep, I know.”

The sound of the doorbell caught their attention.

“Now go answer the door.” Holly said standing. She waited until Molly ran out then turned to Gerard. Grabbing his arm she pulled him further into the kitchen so they’d be out of sight of the arriving guests. “Gerard Way, I saw that look on your face. You thought I wanted to hide our news, didn’t you?”

He looked into her eyes. “Yeah, for a moment I did.”

Before he could react Holly pushed him against the wall pinning his body with hers. “You silly man.” She whispered kissing his neck. “I want to shout it from the rooftops but Alicia has waited so patiently for this day.”

His arms went around her. “Oh, I like it when you’re all tough with me.”

She pressed her body even closer. “Do you now?” Passion flared in her eyes. “Well I’ll remember that.”

His hands cupped her butt. “Yeah, you do that.” His lips crashed down on hers.

A moment later they heard their guests walking in the door and reluctantly parted.

“Now behave yourself until later.” Holly whispered. “No touchy. Right now I don’t want them to know things have changed between us.”

He nodded, “Yeah, I get it.”

Holly stood back and straightened her sweater. She suddenly laughed. “Okay you have to get that dopey look off your face.”

His body was still humming from her touch. “Dopey look?”

“Yeah.” Holly laughed. “Stop looking so damn happy.”

“I’ll try but I’m not sure I can pull this off. I am damn happy.”

“Hey Gee.” Mikey called out.

“Go.” Holly said taking his arm. “I’ll be there in a minute.” He stated to walk but she grabbed his shoulder then whispered something in his ear.

“Oh fuck.” He moaned as he pictured in his head what she’d just whispered. “Woman that’s not fair. How am I supposed to act like nothings different between us now?”

Holly stepped back smiling. “Hey, it’s not gonna be easy for me either.”

“There you guys are.” Alicia said walking into the kitchen.

“Merry Christmas.” Holly said giving her a hug.

Alicia grinned, “Merry Christmas to you too. Wow does it smell good in here.” She turned to her brother in law. “Merry Christmas. Mikey needs your help getting the gifts from the car.”

“I’m on it.” He quickly left the kitchen. The girls could hear him greeting his mom and dad.

Alicia leaned down to peer into the oven. “Almost ready?”

Holly nodded, “Yep.”

“Good because I’m starved.” Alicia grinned. “So how did last night go?”

The spoon Holly had just picked up almost fell from her fingers. “Oh, it was fine.” She tried to make her mind stop thinking about laying in Gerard’s arms.

“Molly heard Santa’s sleigh bells?”

Lifting the lid of the mashed potatoes Holly gave them a quick stir. “Yep.” She smiled, “She sure did.” There was no way she or Gerard would ever share what had really happened. That was their own special memory.

“Gee was pretty proud about setting that up.” Alicia said staring at Holly.

Holly replaced the lid. “Yeah.”

Alicia continued to stare at her. Something was going on and she wasn’t sure what. “Uh, so you and Gee got along okay?”

“Why wouldn’t we?” Holly kept herself from looking over at Alicia.

“Seemed like there was a lot of tension between you two last night.” Alicia said softly. “I was half afraid you wouldn’t be here.”

Holly needed to distance herself from Alicia’s prying. “I’d better go say hello to Don and Donna.”

Alicia watched her go feeling very confused.

******************

At the dinner table the conversation and laughter flowed. When the meal was almost over Alicia’s voice suddenly cut through the sound. Taking Mikey’s hand in hers she took a moment to smile at those around the table then said. “Mikey and me want to share some news with all of you.”

Donna was the first to speak. “News?”

Mikey kissed his wife’s cheek urging her to go on. “Well.” Alicia smiled, “This time next year there will be another Way joining us.”

“Oh my Lord.” Donna got up and rounded the table to hug her daughter-in-law. “Oh that’s wonderful news.”

“Congratulations.” Don said beaming at the couple.

Gerard reached over and punched his brother on the shoulder. “Good job.” He laughed.

Mikey grinned, “Yeah, it was tough work but you know…”

This time Alicia punched him on his other arm.

“I like babies.” Molly said joining the conversation.

“Well that’s good because you and B are gonna have a baby cousin. I’m sure you’ll help me with the baby, right?” Alicia said to Molly.

“Oh yes.” Molly nodded feeling very proud to be asked such a question.

“So when’s your due date?” Donna asked once she’d returned to her seat.

“June 24th.” Alicia answered. “I can’t wait.”

For several minutes the talk around the table centered on the pregnancy. Seeing that everyone was done eating Holly started to stand intent on clearing the table for desert. Gerard too stood to help her but Alicia suddenly spoke up.

“Uh, hold on.” She waited until they’d both sat. “You know since we shared our happy news I was wondering if anyone else has anything they’d like to share?” She was staring at Holly.

Holly’s eyes grew wide as she looked over at Gerard. He began shaking his head to assure her he hadn’t said anything.

“Well?” Alicia smiled. “Anyone?”

All around the table it grew very quiet.

Holly looked over at her daughter who was suddenly staring down at her plate.

“Hey, don’t be upset with Molly.” Alicia said quickly. “I just explained to her that since I’d shared a very important secret with her that it was okay if she had a secret she wanted to share with me.”

“How did you know?” Holly asked softly.

Alicia laughed, “Oh Lord let me count the ways. Well let’s see first off when I asked you about last night you wouldn’t look at me. Oh and then there was that dopey look on Gerard’s face….”

“Hey.” He laughed.

“So, Holly.” Don said reaching over to touch her arm. “Is there any news you’d like to share?”

“You don’t seem surprised, dad.” Gerard said softly.

Don looked over at his son. “When I saw you, I knew.”

Gerard laughed, “Oh, dopey look on my face?”

Don shook his head. “No, the happiness I saw in your eyes.” He said softly. Turning to look at Holly again he said, “So….”

Holly took a moment to look at all the faces of those she loved surrounding the table. Taking a deep breath she smiled, “So, soon there will be another Way. A Holly Way joining the family.”

“Oh my Lord.” Donna cried happily “You two are getting married?”

Gerard smiled looking into Holly’s eyes. “Yeah, we’re getting a Holly Noel Way.”

“Noel?” Alicia laughed, “That’s really your middle name?”

Holly couldn’t remember being this happy in such a long time. “Yeah, really.” She looked deeply into Gerard’s eyes as the two of them were suddenly lost in memories from last night.

“I’m so happy for you.” Donna said pulling Holly’s attention away briefly from the man she loved with all her heart. “How soon?”

Holly shrugged. “We haven’t really figured that out yet.”

“Soon.” Gerard assured his mother. “Very soon.”

“This is so great.” Mikey said looking at his brother. “You and Holly..”

Gerard nodded, “Yeah, me and Holly.”

Bandit suddenly piped up. “Decewt now?”

All of the adults laughed.

“Yeah, desert now.” Holly smiled at her soon to be step-daughter. “Then presents. How’s that sound?”

Bandit nodded, “Pwetty dood Olly. Pwetty dood.”

*******************

Holly was just placing a piece of Apple Brown Betty on a plate when Don joined her in the kitchen.

“Hey.” She smiled. “I was just bringing this to you.”

He reached over to touch her arm gently. “I just wanted to say again how happy I am for you and my boy.” He lowered his voice. “I really did know as soon as I saw Gerard. The look in his eyes…well, I’ve know for quiet some time what his deepest wish was. He was waiting for you, Holly. When I saw him I knew that wish had come true.”

Holly threw her arms around him hugging him tightly. “He’s been my deepest wish for a long time. Just one I never dreamed I’d get.”

“Life is funny.” Don whispered. “It throws us curves but in the end I’ve always believed that what is right for us eventually comes to us. Be happy, Holly.”

“I will.” She said stepping back to look into the older man’s eyes. “I’m ready to be happy.”

*********************

After the last present had been opened Molly and Bandit began nagging their father about going out to play in the snow.

Holly laughed, “I think that’s a wonderful idea, Gee. You and the girls should go make a snowman.”

He laughed, “Uh, I think all of us should make a snowman.”

This idea was shot down by the other adults.

Gerard grabbed Holly’s arm. “Guess that just leaves us.”

Holly grinned, “You head on out. I’m going to make another pot of coffee for our guests.”

He loved the way she said ‘our’ guests. Holly was quickly making his home their home. “Yeah, okay. Come on girls.” He frowned, “Wish they had boots with them.”

“Oh well. They probably won’t want to stay out too long anyway.” Holly reasoned. “We’ll just throw their tennis shoes in the dryer when they come back in.”

By this time both girls had already put on their coats and were waiting impatiently.

“Come on, Daddy.’ Molly said pulling at his arm. “Let’s go.”

Gerard laughed, “Okay, girls. Let’s go.” They headed downstairs to go out the patio door.

Donna was watching with a smile. “He’s really a good Dad, isn’t he?”

Holly nodded, “Yep, he really is. But to be honest I think he just might want to play in the snow as much as the girls.”

Don spoke up. “So it’s kinda unusual to get this much snow here, isn’t it?”

The smile on Holly’s face surprised him. “Yep, but then it did fall on Christmas Eve and that makes it magical snow.” She excused herself to head to the kitchen. On the way she looked out the large windows and saw that instead of starting on a snowman Gerard and the girls were throwing snowballs at each other. Pure happiness filled her heart as she watched them.

She was in the kitchen just spooning in the last scoop of coffee when Gerard suddenly appeared.

“Uh, I need a small Tupperware.”

Holly gave him a confused look, ‘Why?”

He grinned, “Well Molly came up with the idea we need to save some of the snow so I told her I’d get a container and we’d put it in the freezer.”

“Oh.” Holly laughed, “I see.”

He took a step closer to her. “It’s a good idea. I don’t ever want to lose this feeling that came with the snow.” He pulled her into his arms. “Never.” He whispered before his lips met hers.

“Uh, aren’t you supposed to be making a snowman instead of making out with Holly?”

Mikey’s voice started both of them.

“Shut up.” Gerard grinned at his brother. “I just came in to get something.”

“A kiss?” Mikey teased.

“No, smart ass.” Gerard answered still smiling.

Holly opened a cabinet and pulled out a small plastic container. “How’s this?”

“Perfect.” Gerard said taking it from her.

Alicia joined them. “Gee, you tracked snow in.” She said looking down at the wooden floor.

“Oops.” He sighed. “Guess I did.”

Holly grabbed his arm to turn him around. “Back out you go. I’ll clean it up.”

He couldn’t resist giving her one more kiss. “Thanks, Babe.”

Mikey spoke softly as Gerard headed back down the stairs. “Damn, you two look so right together.”

Holly impulsively hugged him. “Yep, Mikey Boy we do because we are.”

********************

The day, filled with laughter and love, passed quickly. All too soon it seemed it was time for the guests to leave. As everyone was gathering up their things Donna pulled Holly aside.

“I just want you to know how happy I am you and Gee are together.” She said softly. “And to tell you again how sorry I am…” She never got her sentence finished. Holly hugged her tightly to silence her.

“Donna, it’s time to let go of the past. The future is waiting for all of us and I know in my heart it’s gonna be a very happy one.”

Donna smiled, “I believe you’re right.” She looked into Holly’s eyes. “I’m proud to call you my daughter.”

Again Holly hugged her.

“Okay what’s goin’ on?” Gerard asked joining them. “What’s up with all the hugging?” Secretly it did his heart good to see him mom and Holly together.

Donna surprised him by enveloping him in a tight hug. “You better be good to her, son.” She whispered. “She’s a good woman.”

“I know.” Gerard whispered back.

Alicia walked over to join them. “Think we’re about ready to go. Mikey and Don and putting the stuff in the car.”

“It was a wonderful dinner.” Donna said to Gerard. She impulsively linked arms with Holly and Alicia. “And a wonderful day filled with surprises.”

Alicia looked over at Holly. “So I guess you’re staying here tonight?”

Holly walked over to Gerard who immediately put his arm around her. “Well, after the girls go to bed we have some planning to do.”

He tightened his arm around her. “Yeah, we do.” She didn’t know but he’d already been making plans in his head all day. “Uh but I was wondering if you’d be willing to watch the girls tomorrow for a bit?”

Alicia smiled “Sure. Just bring them by anytime.”

Holly wondered what he had in mind but for now she didn’t question him.

Final goodbyes were said then Gerard closed the door. The girls ran back to the doll house but Holly remained. “Uh so what’s up?”

“Tomorrow you mean?”

“Yeah, tomorrow.” She grinned, “What’s going on in that head of yours?”

He pulled her to him not being able to resist kissing her any longer. When he finally broke off the kiss he whispered. “All part of the plan but you have to wait until tonight for me to explain.” When he saw the smile fade from her face his heart skipped a beat but only for a minute until she whispered in his ear.

“Making plans is good but I sure hope there is some time for making out.”
Sign up to rate and review this story