Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

The Only Exception

by ArgyleSockMonkey 2 reviews

"He's always been my big brother. But... he's more than that." [a Waycest fic]

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-11-10 - Updated: 2012-11-11 - 217 words

0Unrated
Introduction

"Gerard and I have always been really close."

The tape recorder sketched in the background, an invisible camera off to the right of his center of focus. Michael James Way blinked his eyes, slowly, and spoke. "He's just so talented. He used to really doubt himself-- he had all of these talents, but I think he was afraid to show them." 

The white lights of the room caught the rim of his glasses that he pushed further up on his nose. Looking off to the side, he continued to speak, as if he may have been remembering something... lost in his own train of thought.  After a few moments, he turned his gaze back, focusing in on an apparently interesting spot on the wide expanse of grey concrete flooring. 

"I think he was always worried that he wasn't going to be good enough and that kids would make fun of him..." Mikey paused, lifted his eyes from the ground and centered them on the invisible face before him, hidden from the lens of the camera. "One of those talents was singing."

The tape skipped, and over the sound of that, a discarded breath could be heard leaving the man's lungs.

"He's always been my big brother. But... he's more than that. He's also my best friend."
Sign up to rate and review this story