Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Animal I Have Become

Chapter Six

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 4 reviews

Mikey talks to his much missed older brother, but Gerard isn't as happy to be back.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-11-13 - Updated: 2012-12-13 - 595 words

0Unrated
Ember asked Zora about it later. The whole confusing thing about the mystery woman, Echo, who the lonley girl could only assume was very important. She also asked about the newcomer, Gerard. The blue eyed girl had seemed caught off guard when it was mentioned merely stating that Echo was a family member. The way she spoke, it almost seemed like she was afraid of the woman, it was strange, because that was the impression Ember had gotten from Pandora when she was speaking to her on the phone. What was so frightening about this Echo woman? She knew that she wasn’t going to get much more information from Zora so she changed the subject.
When she asked about Gerard, her usually smiling bright eyes narrowed into thin angry slits and her entire face darkened considerably. She almost wished she had just let it drop. Almost.
“Gerard,” it sounds as though is pains her to say the name, but her voice remains calm, “Is Mikey`s older brother. He left a long time ago and we didn’t think he would ever return.” It didn’t take a genius to see that Zora hadn’t wanted the raven haired man to come back.
“And now he has?” Ember asks shyly, not wanted to anger her new found friend, but her natural curiosity took over.
The dark haired girl nods once, “And now he has.”

The raven haired man stared coldly at the chipped plate of warm past in distrust, almost as though he expect it to be poison or to bite his and off if he touched it. It was painful to ignore it when it was just sitting there so welcomingly, but he didn’t want to touch it. Ignoring the rumbling in his stomach he stares down at the worn carpet, counting the several muddy footprints that had stained it over the years.
“H-hi Gerard.” the mousy haired teen mumbles softly, trying again to hold the plate out for his brother to take it. His voice was shaky and timid, matched together with a week smile.
“It`s good to see you. I think even Zora would admit that, under torture of course.”
The tall, too skinny man scoffs bitterly, picking at an old scab on his arm, making it bleed a little.
Mikey sighs, “I missed you Gee.”
Finally the man speaks, if only to snap at his overjoyed but worried lounger brother cruelly.
“Don`t call me that, alright?!” Gerard snaps, throwing the plate of now cold food at him, “I don`t want your false love and affection, I don’t deserve it anyway. So just…just leave me alone.” He sniffs, alerting Mikey to the salty teardrops forming in his eyes that steadily dripped down his hollow cheeks. “You don’t care anyway, your one of them and they don’t care. They never did and they never will.”
“What? Don’t say that! Of course-“
“I`m an outcast Mikes. I don`t belong here. I don’t belong anywhere.”
“We all are, it isn`t just you. We can all be outcasts together, okay?”he asks, putting a shaking hand on his brother’s shoulder. “Please, please don’t leave me again.”
Gerard tries to smile, even know, even though Mikey was all grown up, it pained him to see his upset. “I got nowhere else to run to anymore. I just gotta accept it don’t I?”
Accept what? Mikey wondered, while hugging him tighter.
“That I`m an outcast, hated, even amongst the outcasts.”
Sign up to rate and review this story