Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Some nights, lover of the light, we are young.

London Beckoned Songs about Money Written by Machines

by Kaleidoscope_Eyes17 0 reviews

"I don't do dates"

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2012-11-14 - Updated: 2012-11-16 - 1166 words

1Funny
Brendon’s POV:

“Please Ryan, for me? You only have to go just this once.” I pleaded.

He rolled his eyes, “Why should I? I don’t do dates; I’m perfectly fine with spending Friday night all alone in my room with a six-pack of Red Bull and a couple of Horror films.” The tone in Ryan’s voice went from mellow to furious in about two seconds.

“That’s perfect!” I half yell. “Let’s have the girls come over and we’ll just have a movie night.” I suggest. I’m just so excited, but the look on Ryan’s face tells me he’s not. I frown, “Just give her a chance” I say. He glares at me like I just broke his brand new eye liner. After a long minute of intense staring, Ryan finally broke the silence.

He sighed, “Fine, the girls can come over, and we’ll watch movies, but, just to let you know, I’m not going to enjoy it at all.” After he said that he pouted and crossed his arms and walked away.

“What a douche.” I mumbled.

(Ten minutes later)

“Hello?” Kaitlyn answered the phone, her voice was so beautiful.

“Hey, babe. I just called to see if you and Nicolle wanted to come over tomorrow and maybe watch a few scary movies. I’ll order some pizza and we’ll just make it a movie date, since Ryan’s being a douche and won’t leave the house.” I say, a little too fast, because talking to her, well hell, just being near her makes me nervous.

“Yeah, that’ll be great. I’ll tell Nicolle and we’ll just ride the bus home with you guys tomorrow afternoon, if that’s okay with you?”

I don’t answer right away, because I’m just so stunned at the beauty in her voice. The mellow tone I hear ringing though my ears.

“Hello? Brendon, you there?” She asks.

I shake my head, “Oh! Yeah, sorry. Um, that’s fine. I was just thinking the same thing.” I say.

“Okay, great! Well, I got to go eat dinner. I’ll see you tomorrow!” She said, excitement evident in her voice. How cute.

“Alright. Bye.” I say as I hang up.

I was too happy about her coming over tomorrow to notice or even hear Ryan’s footsteps, and that he had walked behind me and probably listened to mine and Kaitlyn’s entire conversation, but I could care less.

“You really like this girl don’t you?” He asked, but not in is normal snotty tone he usually uses. His tone was actually quite calm, with a hint of sadness to it. I’ve known Ryan Ross my whole life and have never once heard him use that tone with me.

“Yeah, I do.” I turn to face him only to see him standing with his arms crossed and his face to the ground, looking at his shoes.

“Listen, I know you don’t like dates and all, but I know you, and I think you, actually being with a girl, will be good for you.” I said as he lifted his head slowly to look at me.

He sighs, “I-I just don’t know.” He takes a minute to gather his thoughts. “Just seeing you with someone makes me happy, but also makes me think; why can’t I keep a girl. I mean, I usually run them off after the first week.” He lowers his head back down.

“That’s because all of the girls you've been with, you never have anything in common.” I stated.

“You’re right.” He says, still looking at the ground.

“But that still doesn't mean you shouldn't give Nicolle a chance, Kaitlyn told me a bit about her.” I say, trying to convince him.

He scoffs, “Yeah, like what would we have in common?” He raises his head , and looks at me, wanting me to continue.

“Well, you both like to write music, and play hockey, and she loves horror movies, and Kaitlyn told me that she volunteers at the veterinarian clinic every year. So that means that she loves animals, just like you. Plus, you told me that you’ve always wanted to volunteer at a vet, so maybe she can help you start.” I see a sort of a smile start to form on his face.

“So what do you and Kaitlyn have in common?” He asks. I look at him and smile, and start to feel warmth in my cheeks as I start to blush. I’m glad that there aren't a lot of lights on, so that he can’t see me blushing as I talk about her.

“Well, we both play the piano, we sing, our favorite color is green, and our favorite animal is an owl, and we both love frozen dairy products. Hence, why we work at Smoothie Hut.” I say trying to keep a decent looking face.

Ryan smirks, “Dude, smoothies aren't frozen.” He says, trying not to laugh.

I jump up and yell at him.

“They’re still really cold and if you drink them really fast you’ll get a brain freeze!” I say defensively.

Ryan starts to laugh and look around the room until he meets my smiling face.

“So, what movies are we going to watch while the girls are over?” Ryan asks, changing the subject.

I start to open my mouth, but get interrupted by Spencer, who walked into the living room where Ryan and I were at. Spencer has always been very stealthy. We've thought about putting a bell on the door, or even one on him, to keep track of when he comes in, or is near us.

He cocks his head, “So, you both have dates tomorrow, huh? That’s awesome.” He says sarcastically. “What kind of movies you gonna watch? Sappy love stories?” He looks over at me and Ryan as he takes a seat next to me on the couch, raising his eyebrows, waiting for one of us to reply.

“Actually, horror movies, ‘cause our girls aren't pussies like you.” Ryan smirks, trying to piss Spencer off. I never understood why Ry and Spence try to piss each other off. It’s like a game for them, but I’m the one who ends up pissed, trying to get them to stop fighting.

“I see how it is, Ross. That’s fine, but when you drive this chick off a cliff and into the water, I’ll be waiting to comfort her.” He sneers at Ryan, and then looks back down to his feet. At the same time, I want to look at Ryan to see if he’s pissed, but I don’t. Then, I do anyway and noticed that he’s not mad. No; he has a look on his face that I've never seen in my entire life of knowing him. His expression was…determination.
Sign up to rate and review this story