Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > First Impressions

Calm Before the Storm

by RAWRsaysRabidMissile 1 review

Same ol' description, high school AU Peterick collaboration with MikeyunicornRAWR

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-11-16 - Updated: 2012-11-16 - 3047 words

0Unrated
Patrick’s POV

I can’t sleep. I wish more than anything that I could get some rest,before tomorrow. Who knows what Josh is going to do. Josh. Video camera. I didn’t give it to Pete! I quickly put my glasses back on and grab the video camera out of the bag, walking over to Pete’s room. I knock, but he doesn’t answer. Maybe he’s fallen asleep. I slowly open the door, noticing he isn’t there. I shrug and set the video camera on his desk, we can do that in the morning. When I walk out of the room, though, I hear what almost sounds like a moan. I shake my head, blushing and quickly go back into my room. I’m sure I was only hearing things. I close my eyes, sighing softly as I curl into myself. I can’t help but wish we’d accidentally fallen asleep together again. I can’t help the way I feel about him, I just wish it would go away.

“Patrick..” Pete gently shakes me awake, “Paaaatrick.”

I slowly open my eyes, “Hmm?”

“Wake up sleepyhead.”

I slowly sit up, yawning, “We need to put the video on my c-” I yawn again, “camera.”

He nods, “Okay, where’s the camera?”

“I put it on your desk last night.. I think you were in the bathroom, or something.”

Pete’s cheeks turn a such a light pink, I almost don’t notice. Almost.

“Something wrong?” I ask.

“N-Nothing. I um, yeah, I was in the b-bathroom. Anyways...let’s get it onto your camera.”

We walk into his bedroom, and within seconds the video is there. I yawn again and lie on his bed, cuddling into the pillow. He chuckles softly and lies beside me.

“Someone isn’t a morning person.”

“Mornings should be outlawed.” I mumble sleepily.

Before either of us can help it, we’ve fallen asleep.

“Boys!” Pete’s mom shakes us awake, “Wake up, you’ll be late!”

I open my eyes, realizing I’ve once again wrapped myself around Pete. I blush lightly and quickly get up, running to my room to change out of pajamas. Pete and I meet in the kitchen, both quickly eating our breakfast before we run to his car, video camera in hand. He starts the car and starts to drive.

He chuckles softly and looks to me, “It seems we’re doomed to cuddle if we sleep that closely...”

“Yeah...” I mumble, “Doomed...”


Pete's POV


I was turned on, I'll admit it. And what I went into the bathroom to accomplish... needless to say, I'm a bit ashamed. But to find out that he may have caught me? I just really hope he didn't see or hear anything. Last night as I lied there in my bed trying to fall asleep, I couldn't help but think of Patrick. His voice, his face, and everything he does. Then again this morning, when we practically fell asleep in each other's arms. I woke up completely flustered and even more conflicted.

"P-Pete?" Patrick's voice snaps me out of my trance. I've parked in the school parking lot and we're just sitting there. I must have zoned out.

"Hm?" I turn to him, feeling myself blush the tiniest amount.

"I was saying that maybe we should wait till lunch to talk to Josh."

"Why would we talk to him? I don't think confronting him is the best thing to do. He'd just trap us."

"Yeah... true. But then how do we avoid him?" Patrick bites his lip.

"We just... try. Remember, we have the upper hand here."

"A-Are you sure?" he mumbles.

"Yeah. He doesn't know we do, which gives us an even bigger advantage. C'mon, let's get to class." I lean over and give him a quick hug, which sends a shiver down my spine. I ignore it and get out of the car. We walk to class together and get to our seats, stealing glances at each other. I actually pay attention to the teacher for once, pausing to roll my eyes every time he's an asshole. At least he's not targeting Patrick for once.

"Pete." Patrick leans over and whispers to me halfway through the class.

"Yeah, 'Trick?"

"Where's Josh?"

I look around, slightly surprised. "I don't know. Maybe he's not here today."

"B-But where's Dr-Drew?" Patrick's voice is filled with fear.

"Not... not here either. Shit."

"Shit? Shit, what?"

"Shit, I think we need to watch our backs." I bite my lip and watch as Patrick shrinks down in his chair. I tap my pen on my notebook nervously and try to focus once again on the lesson. I can't though, and spend the rest of the time doodling on my arms. Patrick spends the time chewing on his fingers. Finally the bell rings, making us both jump. I stand quickly and grab my stuff. Patrick does the same and I put my hand on his shoulder. We walk out of the classroom together and start walking down the hall. As we walk past the bathroom, I feel myself being pulled into it roughly. I'm thrown down to the bathroom floor.

"Well, fags. We've gathered here today to kick your asses." Drew's standing at my feet and grins down at me. I look and see Patrick cowering next to me. I go to try and comfort him, but I'm stopped by a kick to the gut. Patrick squeaks as I double over.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I ask, looking up at Drew. Before he can answer, Josh comes in and walks over to Patrick, kicking him in the face.


Patrick’s POV

I scream in pain as I hold my face. He definitely kicked hard. Blood spurts out of my nose as Josh laughs. He picks Pete up by the collar of his shirt and slams him against the wall.

“Think you’re really fucking smart, don’t you fag?” He punches Pete in the face.

Anger drowns out the pain completely as I watch him punch Pete again. I’m not just going to sit here and watch him hurt Pete, nor am I going to let them beat the shit out of me. I’m officially done.

“Think you can fucking beat me?” he laughs, “You’re just a little fag with a fat sidekick. And Wentz, that’s all you’ll ever be.” he pulls his fist back to punch him again as I stand up, wiping the blood onto my sleeve. Drew is too busy keeping watch at the bathroom door to notice me sneak up behind Josh. It’s time for him to get what he deserves. As he goes to punch Pete, I grab his shoulders and pull him onto the floor. I kick him in the stomach, for Pete, and then in the face, for myself. I sit on his chest and begin punching him in the face.

“GET OFF ME, FAG!” Josh screams as I throw another punch.

Drew goes to pull me off, but gets pushed onto the floor beside Josh, by Pete. I punch Josh once more before standing up and grabbing Pete’s arm, running down the hall. It isn’t long before I can hear them running after us, so I quickly pull Pete into a janitor’s closet.

“P-Patrick you just-”

I cover his mouth, “Shh!” I whisper, “We don’t want them finding us. It’s locked now but...still.”

He nods and pulls me into a hug, whispering, “My hero.”

I blush and try to push him off gently, “Sh-Shut up.”

He chuckles softly and whispers, “Careful, your blush might cause them to find us...”

I blush more and bite my lip as I hear them walk to the door. Josh pulls at it, realizing it’s locked.

“They aren’t in there, man, let’s go check the nurse’s office. Fatrick loves to hide in there.” Drew suggests.

I wince at the nickname and feel Pete wrap an arm around my shoulders.

“Yeah, you’re probably right.”

The two of them walk off down the hall. I wait a few minutes before slipping out of the closet and looking to Pete, “New plan.”

“You have a plan? Oh good, I was too focused on you kicking Josh’s ass.”

I roll my eyes, “Shut up. And yes, new plan. We’re about to sneak into the principal’s office and hook this,” I hold up my video camera, “To the principal’s computer. Then, we’re going to play it on every screen in every fucking classroom.”

Pete grins, “Fuck, you’re brilliant!”

I blush lightly, “Whatever, let’s just get this over with... We’re going to get into a lot of trouble for this, you know that right?”

Pete’s grin widens, “Trouble too? I’m in!”

I roll my eyes and run with him into the office, and looking around, “Great, he’s gone. Lock that door.” I hurry over to the computer and hook up the camera.

Pete closes the door and keeps watch, “Patrick?”

“Yeah?” I find the “broadcast to all” button.

“How’d you know this would work? That he’d be gone...”

I shrug, “He goes to the doughnut shop down the street around this time.” I grin, “It’s playing.”

Pete’s eyes widen as he hurries over to me at the computer, “Holy shit..” he grins.

I groan, “I’ve never been suspended before...” I glance away when the kissing starts.

“Suspension will be a well deserved vacation.” Pete grins and squeezes my shoulder.

I shrug his hand off and look up as I hear knocking on the office door.

I unplug my camera and pull Pete to the window, before climbing out, “Hurry!”

He follows me and runs with me around the school.

“Think we’re gonna get busted?” Pete asks as we slow down.

“Yes, but it doesn’t mean I'm not going to try not to! This is our class...” I look through the window and quietly open it before climbing in and taking my seat as everyone stares at the video playing on loop.

Pete climbs in as well and takes his seat, neither of us are noticed slipping in the occupied classroom.


Pete's POV

I sit there in class as the video plays, trying to hide my face. Patrick notices and raises an eyebrow. I point to our bloody faces and he nods, picking up his book and hiding behind it. I peek out from behind my bag and watch as Josh confesses to bullying Patrick. The class shrieks in surprise as Josh kisses me, despite seeing it not five minutes before. I'm a bit surprised they haven't figured out a way into the principal's office to turn the video off. Maybe they just don't have a key. The class laughs as Josh calls me sexy, and the teacher groans loudly.

"Class!" She calls over the TV. "Just because I can't turn this damn thing off doesn't mean I condone a single thing that's happening on it."

"Does that mean you hate gay people?" A girl yells out, still giggling.

"No, I just don't believe in vigorous PDA. And I sure as hell don't condone bullying or name-calling. That's what most of this is." She scans the room, glaring at the students. I knew there was a reason I like her. As if she heard my thoughts, her eyes land on me.

"Pete Wentz. My my, is that you?" She asks, eyebrows raised. I nod and try to hide in my seat. That's hard to do when the whole class is staring at you.

"You're a bloody mess. You should go to the nurse." I shake my head, declining to even talk. She continues to stare for a moment before shrugging and turning to the board. I pull out a piece of paper and scribble on it, handing it to Patrick.

"Patrick, do you need the nurse? You got kicked in the face."

He passes it back a moment later.

["No. Not happening."/]

I sigh and nod, turning to the front of the room silently. The video is still playing, and I can see Patrick cringe next to me as Josh kisses me on-screen once again. Finally, the teacher gets annoyed and starts trying to teach over the TV. After a few minutes of mostly failing, the video is replaced with the face of our principal, broadcasting live.

"In light of recent events, I am forced to take action. My PA system has been hacked and the people responsible will be punished. We cannot ignore the occurrances in this video, however. So if Peter Wentz, Josh Thompson, and Patrick Stumph would come to the Principal's office, we can sort it all out from there. That is all, and I apologize to the entire school for the disruption."

The TV turns off and our teacher sighs in relief. She's about to turn to the board and start writing, when she remembers what the principal said.

"Pete, Patrick? Principal's office. I doubt I need to write you hall passes. And I don't know where Josh is, but if he's at school, I'm sure someone found him and is sending him to the office. Now go."

I look at Patrick, who bites his lip. He cringes in pain as he does so and a few tears make their way onto his cheek. I sigh and stand, helping him to do the same. We walk out the classroom and to the office together.


Patrick’s POV

I shake as we walk to the office. I’ve never been in trouble at school, besides being a little late. But this? I hacked into the principal’s computer. I locked him out of his office, and I played a video in every classroom. I’m so fucked.

“Patrick, just breathe.”

“P-Pete I-I’m in s-so much trouble.”

He shakes his head, “No, we are in so much trouble.”

“N-No! I-I did it. I-It was me! I-It was m-my idea a-and I’m not letting you go down with me for it.” I shake more.

“Patrick, it was my idea to fuck with Josh. So I’m in this with you.” He smiles before opening the office door slowly.

I bite my lip and sit down in one of the chairs as Josh walks in.

“I need an explanation, and I need it now.” he looks between the three of us.

No one says a word.

“Alright, well let’s look at the video, for starters. There’s Josh, on camera admitting to all of the bullying I’ve heard other teachers tell me about. I couldn’t prove it before because Patrick wouldn’t admit it, but that makes Josh get a write up. And now, the main point of the video, PDA. That gives both Pete and Josh a write up. And about hacking into my computer? I see no reason Josh would post this himself, so that leaves the two of you. Are you going to confess or would you both like to be expelled?”

“I did it.” I look up to him, “Pete had nothing to do with it. I-I caught the two of them talking and thought if I videotaped him saying he was bullying me I-I would have proof, a-and wouldn’t be so afraid to tell you about it. But.. when more happened I-I decided to get revenge.” I look down, “I hacked into your computer and played the video in every classroom.”

“I’m glad you were being honest, but you’ll still be written up. So that puts Josh at nine days of suspension, and the two of you... it’s your first write up so three. Now, the two of you need to get to the nurse, and I’ll be calling your parents.”

“B-But my mom-”

He nods, “I’m aware, Patrick. I’ll be calling Pete’s parents for you as well. Nurse’s office, now, while I finish with Josh.”

Pete and I nod and stand up, walking out of the office and down the hall.

“I-I’m s-suspended..” I frown.

“Hey, it’s only three days...”

“B-But your parents... I-I’m already getting into trouble a-at school? Th-They’ll be so mad..”

He shakes his head, “Nah, I warned mom we might get into trouble today, she’s expecting the call.”

“You told her?” my eyes widen.

He smiles, “Of course. She can’t be too mad, if I warned her, right?”

I bite my lip, “I fail to understand your logic.”

He grins, “Trust me.”

We walk into the nurse’s office and let her clean us up, before we go back to our second class. We thought about skipping the rest of the day, but we’re already suspended. When we walk back into the room, one of Josh’s friends approach us.

“Hey... look, I just wanted to tell you, I’ve never been against gays.” he looks to me, “And I’ve never had anything personal against you. None of us have. Josh just...scared us into it. And I’m sorry Patrick.”

“I-It’s...okay?” my eyes widen as I look up to Mark, who’s punched me several times.

“Patrick?” he bites his lip, “Are you really.. you know, gay?”

I look down, “Y-Yeah....that rumor had truth...”

He nods and quickly scribbles down his phone number, “I ah...you should call me sometime.”

Wait, what?

“So wait, you’ve bullied him and now you’re trying to hit on him?” Pete snaps, “What makes you think he wants to call you, ever?”

Mark raises an eyebrow, “Sorry man, didn’t realize he had a boyfriend.”

I look between them confused, “What? I don’t have a boyfriend...”

Mark smiles and puts the slip of paper into my hand, “Then consider that call?”

“Do you need help with homework or something?” I ask, confused.

He chuckles softly, “No, I-”

“Patrick we need to take our seats.” Pete grabs my arm and drags me to our desks, fuming.

“Pete... I’m confused... what just happened?” I look to him, “And why are you so angry?”
Sign up to rate and review this story