Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Burning In Hell

“Lost in thought.”

by TheBelittled 0 reviews

Courtney couldn't have asked for a more distracting English teacher.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-11-19 - Updated: 2012-11-19 - 928 words

0Unrated
"Come on, Jay, you have to wake up! It's not just you that's gonna be late if you lie in bed, I have school, too," Courtney shook her brother fiercely. "Jay, I know you're faking it, now get up!" she exclaimed, accidentally shoving her brother off the other side of the bed.

Jay's head popped up from the side of the bed, his hair sticking up every which way. "How did you know?" he asked, rushing back up to his bed, gliding off and running to his closet.

"You're an obvious little boy. It was either that or you were sick, and since I didn't hear any puking last night, nor at strange hours of the morning, I expected that you had just been pretending," she explained, hastily getting out of the miniscule excuse for a bedroom.

~x~

Gerard sighed, sitting down at his desk, looking over the papers. It was ridiculous that he had so much work to do on a test he didn't even teach them anything for. Why couldn't one of the substitutes have graded them? It was all the subs that had done all the work and shown them all the material anyway. A propaganda test isn't even something seniors should find diffuculty with. But then, why was he finding so many zeros? Propaganda was supposed to be a junior high standard, at least it was when he went to school, and as far as he knew, nothing had changed in that department.

Gerard brushed his hand through his hair. The entire fourth and fifth period classes had gotten zeros on their tests. What did these substitutes do? Did they just get a propaganda test with no warning? Because, if Gerard really was to give them the benefit of the doubt, it was advanced propaganda, which is basically just saying that it was bits of propaganda they most likely hadn't been taught yet.

Before Gerard knew it, his first period class was in the room, staring shamefully at their test scores. Well, at least it wasn't a state test, Gerard thought.

~x~

"Brendon, put me down!" Courtney shouted, giggling uncontrollably. She had silently been praying that the physical education teachers hand't been paying attention to them. They never did except for the worst times. "Come on, Bren, please put me down!"

Brendon did so, planting her upright on the ground. "Fine," he said, folding his arms, "I'll just be with Sarah, then," he said, turning away from Courtney.

Her eyes widened. She grabbed the collar of his PE clothes, pulling his back to her pace. "That's not even funny, Urie!" she exclaimed, continuing to drag him. "It's just a sick... cruel joke!"

"It's not half as bad as you think," he said, pulling his arm away from her grip and continuing to walk with her. "So, do you think we're finally gonna get to see our English teacher today?" he asked, scratching his neck.

"Bren, you ask me this every day and the answer is always the same: I don't know. Maybe we will, maybe we won't. And, creepily enough, Kelly said she's silently praying that our teacher, Mr. Way or something like that, is extremely hot. Am I the only one that finds that sick?" she asked the boy.

"Oh, no, it's far beyond sick. It's gone to downright fucked up," he said. The bell rang, and the two ran to the seperate locker rooms.

When second period rolled around, Courtney was patiently listening to her Math teacher when Brendon came in the class. "Sorry I'm late," he said, "I just was talking to my councilor," he handed the teacher a slip, sitting down in the center of the room. Courtney rolled her eyes. He did this every day, just for a bit of recognition.

~x~

"Dude, we're so gonna see our teacher today. My friend just had this class and told me!" Joey screamed so the entire class could hear him. He stood upon his desk, flailing his arms around like a fool, jumping up and down, repeating the exact same thing over and over again.

Courtney rolled her eyes, placing her head on her hand. Immature little idiots, she thought. She might be this little -- well, actually quite tall -- figure of a goody-two-shoes, but when it came to being enveloped with doltish others, she couldn't help but want to blow her brains out.

She thanked the heavens when their teacher, Mr. Way, came inside the classroom. After getting their test scores back, the only people who weren't extraordinarily aggrivated were Courtney, Joanne Miller, and Jessica Ross.

"What did you get?" Brendon leaned next to her, asking her the same question he asks after every test. "Ryan and I got thirty-four. Isn't it ridiculous how we weren't even prepped for this shit?" he asked, throwing his pencil on the desk.

"Actually, I got a hundred on the test. Advanced English class throughout all of high school really does have its benefits, Bren," she said, looking up at the teacher. The second she looked at him, she widened her eyes, looking down at her now-graded test.

"Are you okay?" Brendon asked, looking at her expression carefully. He knew that she was doing, thinking, or had done something horrible when she made that expression -- that or she got a bad grade, so he accepted the more hypothesis-based option.

Courtney looked at Brendon. "Yeah, fine... I'm just... lost in thought, I guess," she replied, jotting down the notes they were being given. "Lost in thought."



••••••••••••



So, what does everyone think so far?
Sign up to rate and review this story