Categories > Anime/Manga > X > Sadly Sings Destiny

Fool's Paradise

by Fuuma 0 reviews

A dark fairy tale.

Category: X - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Romance - Published: 2006-07-19 - Updated: 2006-07-20 - 194 words

0Unrated
Author's Notes: Theme two, delusion. The title is actually a slang term for "fantasy," and also somewhat of a reference to Saya's tarot card, The Fool. It seems at first like it has the stereotypical "gender roles" that you see often in pairings, but read on.



When she was young, she dreamed of the things every good little girl was supposed to want. A castle somewhere far away, where she could sit in the highest tower and wait for her true love to rescue her from the loneliness. Surely, she thought, it would all end with a kiss and a happily ever after.

As she grew older, she learned about reality. Reality was controlled by destiny, and destiny could be cruel and unrelenting. And sometimes the fair maiden was full of sin, and the knight in shining armor powerless against that which was foreordained.

Now, as she feels the pull of cold steel through her body and hears the sound of waves crashing in her ears, she thinks that maybe this could be some sort of strange fairy tale after all.

And isn't it a lovely twist, the princess choosing to save the prince?
Sign up to rate and review this story