Categories > TV > CSI > Dreamer

Chapter 1

by Draconis1719 0 reviews

Nick has an everyday, normal life, until someone new comes around and changes his life forever. NickOC. [As you can probably tell, romance is not my strongest writtin um.. strengh. :o] IF YOU WATCH...

Category: CSI - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Catherine Willows, David Robbins, Gil Grissom, Greg Sanders, Nick Stokes, Sara Sidle, Warrick Brown - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-07-19 - Updated: 2006-07-20 - 1235 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own CSI or any of the original CSI characters. The only thing I own is the plot of this story and my own created characters.

This story I have written have many characters based on real people in my life. I hope you read and review so I can get feedback and write more! Happy reading!

Another reminder: I will not write lemons or anything sexually related in that way! I am not that kind of 'mature' writer. I do not like writing them or reading them, it's the way I am. I'm 14 for pity's sake. If that is the only reason you are reading this, then I am going to disappoint you. This is rated the way it is because of descriptions of blood and gore and death (and possibly a mentioning of, ahem, sexual assault). If you are reading this story for reasons other then lemons, then I apologize for my useless ranting.

Another thing that has just changed about this story. In the beginning, this story was mostly going to be about the relationship between Nick and my own character, with a small amount of case files. But this has changed. It now 50 percent relationship/ 50 percent case files. I just can't stop writing a case file when I get started so this is the way it's now going to be.

Thanks, Hilary. A.k.a, Draconis1719.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

Nick Stokes stepped out of his blue SUV. The Nevada sun was blazing down on him and he wiped his forehead as he locked the car door. He put his keys in his pocket and walked toward the station. As he stepped inside, he was hit with a cool blast of air from the air conditioners. He nodded a greeting at the receptionist as he walked by her desk. Nick started towards his locker, and on the way he passed Grissom's office.

Gil Grissom was his supervisor, and he liked it that way. They, meaning he, Warrick, Sara, Catherine, and Grissom, had been split up not too long ago. They'd been on the same team for so long it had felt weird. But recently, many of the night shift CSI had left, so the teams became smaller and smaller, then some were joined together. They were short-handed now, but Nick was glad they had been put back together, really glad

Nick looked into Grissom's office as he passed, expecting him to be hunched over his desk, reading a book or a case file or looking at his bug collection. Grissom was seated at his desk, but he was talking to a woman Nick didn't recognize.

'Who's that?' was the first thought that popped into Nick's head.

From what he could see, the woman had short brown, almost red hair that came to about her shoulders. She stood at about five foot seven, maybe five foot eight. She had her back to him.

Nick looked away and continued towards his locker. He had just opened it when Warrick walked into the locker room.

"Hey, Nick," Warrick greeted. "Must be one hundred eighty degrees out there!" Warrick Brown was Nick's best friend. They always goofed off, but only when they weren't working on a case. "Did you hear?" Warrick strode over to his locker and opened it.

"No, what?"

"We got a new guy, or girl, I should be saying." he sounded relieved. They were very short-handed. Another CSI will make it a little easier.

'That explains a lot.' Nick thought. "Straight from school?" he asked as he put his identification badge on. He hoped not. They need another CSI, but a trainee may make things worse.

"Naw." Warrick said. "I was talking to Catherine, she already met her. I heard she's pretty focused, Grissom called her in from her old CSI job."

Catherine Willows was 'second-in-command' of the team. She had been Nick's and Warrick's supervisor for awhile, when the teams had been split up, but had to go back to 'second-in-command' for several reasons. The main reason was that she wanted to spend more time with her daughter.

"Where's she from?" Nick asked.

"Canada." Warrick said with a snicker in his voice.

"Canada?" There wasn't very many Canadian CSIs in the Las Vegas Police Department.

"Yeah."

"And Grissom called her in from all that ways away?" It wasn't really that far, but it was still odd that Grissom would call in a CSI from a completely different country. Wow, they really were short-handed.

"I heard from Catherine that Grissom taught her a forensics course way back when. And she didn't come from that far away. She was in Toronto before."

"I see." Nick said rolling his eyes. "So you said you haven't seen her yet, right?"

"Nope, why?"

"I was going to ask you if she was cute or not." Warrick chuckled at that.

Suddenly both their pagers went off.

"Guess we're gonna meet her now." Warrick grumbled.

"Yeah. And I'll get an answer to my question."

A few minutes later, Warrick, Nick and Sara sat around the table in the small lunch room. Sara sat across from the guys.

Sara Sidel had been the newest member of the team for some time. She was probably relieved that she wouldn't be now. She is dead determined all of the time when she's working, and unfortunately, sometimes she gets too emotionally attached to the cases she is part of, but she's a good CSI, all the same.

When they saw Grissom they all tensed up. The new CSI was walking beside him. Nick finally got an answer to his question, she was cute. She looked slightly younger then him. Her eyes were a deep blue-green.

"Well, there's your answer." Warrick whispered to Nick. She wasn't 'too fine to be a CSI' like he and Warrick sometimes joked about some of the women in the lab, but she was pretty. Everyone stood up as the two came through the door.

"Everyone, this is Hillary Matthews. She's our new CSI from Toronto." She stood beside Grissom. She didn't look uncomfortable at all.

"Hello."

"Warrick Brown." Warrick shook her hand, Nick was next.

"Nick Stokes." He shook her hand. She had a firm grip, and she looked straight at him.

"Sara Sidle." Sara was obviously happy that the new guy was actually a girl. She hadn't been told by anyone who the new CSI was.

"It's nice to meet you all." Hillary didn't stammer, simply greeted them like they were possible friends, and obvious co-workers.

"Good, now that you've got the introductions out of the way, we have a case, or cases I should say." Everyone turned to see Brass as he stood in the doorway.

Detective Jim Brass was one of the high ranking homicide detectives in the lab. He was an administrator. But mostly, he was the guy to see if you needed a warrant or interrogation, with just cause.

Catherine was at his heels.

"We have a breaking and entering near the museum. Catherine's on her way out."

Grissom looked at Hillary.

"Hillary?"

She nodded. "Sure thing. Again, nice meeting you all." And she was gone.

'Nice girl.' Nick thought.

"Alright, and for the rest of you." Brass began. "We have a triple murder at Palm Springs."

"Alright then, let's go." Warrick said entuiastically.

They headed out into the heat soon after and got in their vehicles and drove towards the scene.
Sign up to rate and review this story