Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's Not Over

On Monday after school, Jennifer went home with Aislinne even though she begged her not to "Look, I barely know you, it'll be awkward."

"I wanna tell you something. Something that I didn't tell the others." Jennifer sighed as she entered the house "I know you don't like me that much. Do you know what it's like to be the new girl? Always standing on the outside, looking in. That's what it was like for ages. Until Acantha and Mia accepted me. Penina's starting to like me too. I don't really talk to the guys so I don't know what they think. But I really want you to like me too. Because I like you."

"Is that the only reason you came over?" Aislinne asked "To moan on about how lonely you are."

"That depends on how you want to interpret the thing I'm going to tell you about. Could we maybe go to your room to talk about it though please?"

"Alright fine." Aislinne huffed and lead the way up to her bedroom "Alright, what do you wanna talk about then new girl?"

"I wanted to tell you a story I guess." Jennifer said "You'll find it kind of boring in places but please just let me finish. You'll understand when I'm done."

"Umm, okay?"

"Alright. In my old school, I only had one friend. This really nice boy called Jack. He had black and green hair, he knew about all these cool bands I'd never heard of, he could play the piano... He was basically the best friend I've ever had. One night he was over at my house and we were watching a movie. We were watching 'Something Borrowed' because I remember him moaning about how it was a chick flick and I laughed and insisted that he had to watch it because he loved me. And that's when he told me. He didn't just love me. He was in love with me. I was really shocked. I'd felt the same way for ages but I'd been way too afraid to tell him."

"Where is this going?" Aislinne asked, her eyes filling with tears as she thought of Gerard but Jennifer carried on as if Aislinne hadn't said anything.

"Once me and Jack were a couple, it didn't matter that nobody else liked me. It didn't matter when those kids followed me home and said I was weird. I didn't care. All I needed was Jack. We went everywhere together. And then he became more and more distant. We'd still do everything together but his heart wasn't in it anymore. So of course I suspected that he wanted to break up with him. But then one night he told me. He had cancer." Aislinne's eyes widened, she abandoned her thoughts of Gerard and listened as Jennifer continued "He kept telling me that he was strong and that he'd make it through. But he didn't."

Jennifer took a deep breath and her eyes filled with tears just like Aislinne. She sniffed and said "He died. It was honestly the worst thing that had ever happened to me. I stopped eating. I attempted suicide three times until I realised that that wasn't what Jack wanted. He'd have wanted me to keep living. So I talked to my Mom. She agreed that we could move here, a fresh start. I decided not to tell anyone about Jack. If they ever brought him up it'd be too painful for me. So I kept it to myself." Jennifer sighed "But I've told you. Because you know what I went through and I know what you're going through. I guess with you it was worse. It came out of the blue. I had time to prepare for Jack breaking up with me."

"But I thought you had a crush on Bob?" Aislinne whispered "What about Jack?"

Jennifer smiled sadly, tears spilling down her cheeks "I'll always love Jack and miss him. But it's time I moved on. Bob's a sweet guy. His personality reminds me a little of Jack actually. Will I ever love Bob as much as I love Jack? I think I could. And I don't think Jack would mind. He'd want me to be happy." She took Aislinne's hand "The last thing Gerard would want was for you to live the rest of your life like this. He'd want you to move on too."

"It's not just that though Jennifer." Aislinne sobbed, her tears spilling over too "I cheated on him. With his little brother. If I'd known, I wouldn't have done that."

"Maybe it's best you didn't know then." Jennifer muttered "I know how I treated Jack when I found out about the cancer. Like a little kid. I regret that so much. We weren't a couple anymore. I just wanted to take care of him and baby him all the time. It got on his nerves but he put up with it. To spare my feelings I guess. Whether Gerard was still alive or dead right now, you know you shouldn't have cheated on him. But you did. And you can't change that. So it's time to just accept what you did, put it in the back of your mind and focus on tomorrow instead of yesterday. Gerard would've wanted you to do that."

Aislinne suddenly laughed "Do you know how awesome you are at giving advice?"

Jennifer smiled "Does this mean we're friends now?"

"You've always been my friend." Aislinne said "I just wasn't being a friend to you. And I'm sorry. From now on, I plan to be one of the best friends you've ever had." Aislinne bit her lip when she realised she'd used the exact same words Jennifer had used to describe Jack.

Jennifer didn't seem to mind and threw her arms around Aislinne's neck "I'm so glad we're friends!"

"Me too." Aislinne grinned and hugged her back "Now then. I think I have some work to be doing. And I guess I'd better start at the beginning."




The next day, the first thing Aislinne did, was storm over to where Anna always hung out every morning. She was standing there that morning, smoking a cigarette and staring into space "Hey!" Aislinne snapped.

Anna turned to look at her, a bored expression on her face "Oh. If it isn't the flower power girl."

"Look." Aislinne hissed "I heard that you've been picking on Penina. And you're gonna stop."

"Oh yeah?" Anna snorted "And who's gonna stop me?"

Aislinne was kind of lost there. If it came to a physical fight, it was clear that Anna would win. Aislinne didn't particularly like fighting either "This isn't you." Aislinne whispered "What happened Anna? What turned you into such a bitch?"

"I grew up." Anna replied "You never did. I suppose you never had to. Stuck in your own little world with your stupid boyfriend and your pathetic friends."

"Please just tell me!" Aislinne cried "What did I do?"

"You know what you did!" Anna yelled "Stop acting so fucking innocent all the frickin' time. It's pathetic. You're pathetic. Why would I wanna be friends with you anymore? Now would you leave me alone?"

"Only if you promise to leave Penina alone."

Anna smirked "Fine. I'll leave Penina alone. I'll just start on you instead."

Aislinne took a deep breath "Fine. Start on me. See what I care." And with that, she turned on her heel and walked away.




[A/N] - Sorry if this was short D: I've gotta write the last part of my Christmas one-shot and then I might start some surprise indivual ones :3 Oh yeah, I gotta finish atomickilljoy's birthday one first too :') BUSYBUSYBUSY :D
Sign up to rate and review this story