Categories > Original > Horror > Journal For the Slightly Insane

Night 1

by upinflames 3 reviews

Walk and ache, stand and ache.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2012-11-27 - Updated: 2012-11-28 - 332 words

1Ambiance
Maybe if I were to cut away these bone-tired feet, maybe then I could be free from these bonds.

There is an astriction heightening, it's beginning to become so impermeable the sharpest blade wouldn't perforate it. Occupying the each breath like the morning fog. Down my throat like cherry cough syrup. I'd choke on it, yet my seemingly already conceived fate appears to be stolen from me. Just when I had accepted what would become of me; alas, a breeze. Fresh like the springtime.

I surveyed my surroundings, finding myself tethered to the ground. Nailed, dime-sized iron raising from my flesh. The notion that frightened me the most was the realization that I could not detect the slightest thing wrong with me. Numbness? Shock? Adrenalin?

It was entirely possible I would never be sure. I could have rot, stuck to the Earth, bleeding. He's wanted it that way and who am I to question his desires? Who am I?

I can't bring myself to sit. Someone must have set a pause over me.

Someone.

Someone.

Someone...

Must have...

..they must have!-they must have!-what evidence is there that they haven't?

Paused me.

Someone must have set a pause over me.

...astriction heightening...

...free of these bonds...

..realization that I could not detect the slightest thing wrong with me. Numbness? Shock? Adrenalin?


There was a plain screen front of me. I reached out. A resounding click shouted in the blank white.

The girl on the screen stood in the middle of the room. She stared at me. Her lips fell open.

"Maybe if I were to cut away these bone-tired feet, maybe then I could be free of these bonds."

I watched, transfixed, for scattered moments. There was static in my ear, sharp and indefinite.

...a resounding click.

...a resounding click.

...a resounding click.

...a resounding click.

...a resounding click.

...a resounding click.

Maybe if I were to cut away these bone-tired feet, maybe then I would be free from these bonds.
Sign up to rate and review this story