Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stuck in the Middle With You

Thirty-Four

by thatcrazedfan 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-11-30 - Updated: 2012-12-01 - 1087 words - Complete

0Unrated
Saturday Morning
Frank

“How’s my mom? Is she okay?” I was hysterical. I hadn’t seen my mom since we were both loaded into an ambulance the night before.

The doctor looked up from my charts, “Mr. Iero, please calm down. You’re mother is fine. She’s just resting.”

“When can I see her?” I wanted to see for myself if she was okay or not.

He sighed, putting my chart back, “I don’t know. Now, you should get some rest.” And without another word, he left the room. For the first time since we arrived, I was alone. Up until now at least one doctor or nurse had been in here checking on me. It was actually kind of nice being alone.

Especially now, knowing that my dad was going to be locked away for the rest of his life. Yeah, we still needed a trial and everything else, but there was no way he was going to get off. No lawyer is that good.

I was just about to fall asleep when my door swung open slowly. My heart stopped when I saw who it was.

He looked just as bad as he did the last time I saw him, if not worse. His clothes were hanging from his frame, and I could see his collar bones. His hair was a mess. It looked like it hadn’t been washed or even combed in days. His bangs were hanging down over his eyes, but I could still see the bags under his eyes. He hadn’t been sleeping.

As soon as he saw me, he stopped, his hand still on the doorknob. “Oh. You’re awake.” Slowly, he shut the door behind him, but he didn’t come any closer.

“Gerard. What are you doing here?” My heart was aching. He wouldn’t have come here to see me if he didn’t still love me, right?

“I--” He took a deep breath. “I’m sorry. For everything.” Tears were forming in his eyes. “I shouldn’t have lied to you about breaking up with Bert, and I should have believed you.” He shook his head, closing the distance between us in seconds. He sat beside me and took my hand that wasn’t covered in tubes in his own. “The whole time, I knew it was ridiculous. Of course you wouldn’t go after Bert like that.”

This was too good to be true. After all this time, after all the times I tried to make him understand. I wanted to believe him. More than anything else, I wanted to believe him and be happy again. But now, being in the hospital after what my dad did. It just felt like I was getting his pity.

He sighed, “Frank, you have to believe me. I know what you’re thinking, and it’s not true. I really do care about you. More than anything else. I can’t believe I was stupid enough to almost let you go.”

“I don’t know Gerard...” I tried to pull me hand out of his grip, but he just squeezed it. He brought it to his mouth and kissed each knuckle gently.

He let go of my hand then, and stood up. “I told the police about Bert. They have him on drug charges, and that’s it. They couldn’t prove anything else. At least he’s going to prison.” He paused. “Maybe he’ll run into your dad there.”

I looked him in the eyes suddenly. How did he know it was my dad who did this? I hadn’t told anyone. “How--?”

He shrugged, “Lucky guess.” He started walking toward the door. “I don’t want you to think I just said those things because I feel bad. I said it because I meant it, and I’m willing to wait forever for you to see that.” He grabbed the doorknob before meeting my eyes. Never before had I seen so much love and compassion on someones face. My heart was breaking into a million pieces. “I love you, Frankie. Forever.”

I hadn’t even realized I was crying until I could taste the tears. “Gerard, wait.” He stepped away from the door, but didn’t come any closer. “I love you too. Always.” As I spoke the words, I knew from the bottom of my heart, they were true. In fact, I don’t think I’d ever said anything in my life that I meant more.

He smiled through his tears before rushing back over to me. He pressed one hand against against my cheek, and grabbed my hand in the other, locking our fingers together. Without another word he kissed me. His lips felt like a feather against mine, so soft and gentle. I never wanted it to end.

Unfortunately, it ended in a heartbeat. It was barely a kiss at all, yet so much more.

He pressed his forehead against mine and looked into my eyes. “One day I promise I will make everything up to you.”

I kissed him, “You already have.”

He shook his head, “No, I really haven’t. One day I will prove just how much I love you, Frank Iero.” He paused, looking down at our hands. I could see his cheeks reddening. I grabbed his chin and made him look me in the eyes before kissing him deeply. “Even if it means I have to marry you.”

Now my cheeks were getting hot. “What exactly are you saying?”

He laughed, “I’m saying one day we will be married. It’ll be just the two of us, forever and always.”

My heart stopped. Marrying Gerard? I guess that was always my dream, but after everything that happened with Mikey... I wasn’t ready to think about marriage so soon.

He sensed my hesitation, “I’m not proposing right now, so you can relax. I’m talking about the future, however distant. Because I know deep down inside my soul, that we were meant to be together forever.”

He was right, I felt it too. I kissed him suddenly, and he smiled. Our future was looking bright.

A//N: So, that's the end. It sucks, believe me. I know. I guess I'll just have to make it up to you with a sequel. How does that sound? There will be an epilogue to this, and it will give you an idea of what's to come. You guys are going to love it :)
Sign up to rate and review this story