Categories > Games > Kingdom Hearts > Melodious Flames

Melodious Flames

by melodious_nocturne 0 reviews

PG-13 for safety. Demyx loves Axel, but when a new member comes into the picture, will Demyx be able to be apart of Axel's life? And whats up with Zexion?

Category: Kingdom Hearts - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Axel, Demyx, Roxas, Zexion - Published: 2006-07-20 - Updated: 2006-07-21 - 1064 words

0Moving
Melodious Flames
Demyx walked through the hall's of 'A world that never was' dejectedly. It had been weeks since he last saw Axel, and it wasn't long after that he found out the pyro was with someone else...someone new. When Demyx first joined the organization, Axel was the first person to ever start a conversation with him...nobody else really cared for the musician. There friendship sparked the second Axel said 'hello' the two became good friends and Demyx became a bit more open as the days went by. Though Axel usually joked saying how he wished he didn't open Demyx up too much...since the blonde became too annoying for his own good. Demyx just replied with, "I would've turned out this way either way! I'm always like this" with a cheesy grin following it.
Those two wrecked Havoc around the organization and always got away with it by the skin of there teeth. But one night there prank led them to hide in Axel's room with his really hot room making them sweat and making them rid their cloaks. By morning, the two had woken up in Axel's bed, still slightly damp with flushed cheeks and sore muscles, both smiling warmly at the other.
Those steamy nights continued for months and the two became even more closer, nothing could pull them apart.
"I love you, Axel." Demyx had whispered one night, Axel could only give him a sad smile.
/"Myx...how can you feel love? We're nobodies, we can't feel anything...we don't have hearts." /Axel had replied, brushing away his lovers hair from his flushed cheeks.
"I know, but I'm different, because everytime I'm around you, I feel warm. My stomach does these little flips everytime your around me. That's why I know I'm in love, because I don't feel that way when I'm near anyone else. Besides, if I didn't feel that way about you, then I would always feel cold...which I don't." Axel had listened to Demyx's words carefully and just smiled, maybe his friend was right. Everything the blonde had described to him was exactly the way he had felt when he was around him too.
"I...I think your right Demyx..I love you too" And with a small kiss, Axel had promised Demyx he would never leave him and would always stay true to him.
"Some promise...he lied the whole time." Demyx lifted his hood to hide the tears that began to stroke his pale cheeks. A few weeks ago, Demyx remembered seeing a new member walking around with spiky blonde hair and a cold exterior. His name was Roxas. Demyx had tried to make conversation with him but the teen just ignored him and walked away, leaving the musician confused.
"Demyx." Slowly, Demyx turned to see Zexion looking down at him, his slender eyebrow raised.
"Y-yes Zexion?"
This made Zexion blink.
"Zexion? You've never called me by my real name before. Is there something bothering you?" the musician sniffled and shook his head, only to have his hood pushed back and reveal his face to the stoic man.
"You were crying, why?" the older man asked once more.
Demyx looked down and choked back a sob, his shoulders shaking as he tried to stop himself from crying. "It's n-nothing Zexion...really." Demyx whispered roughly.
Sighing, the silver haired man stepped forward and grabbed the blonde's hand and took him to his own room, letting the slim musician sink down onto the bed. He sat down next to him and softly asked, "what is wrong Demyx? I won't laugh at you...if that's what you think." Demyx shook his head.
"No, that's not it..."
"Then what is it ?"
"You'll think I was a freak and resent me for the rest of you eternal life."
Zexion blinked, Demyx never seemed this bitter before, slowly he draped his arm over Demyx's shoulders and let the boy rest his head on his shoulder. "I won't think that way about you, Demyx. I promise."
"I hate promises. Axel broke his promise."
"Axel?"
Demyx nodded. "Yeah, thats why I w-was crying, he l-lied to me. He said he's always b-be there and be t-true but he lied, it wasn't true!" the blonde turned his head and sobbed into his chest, his hand clutching onto Zexion's cloak. The stoic man just held Demyx as he sobbed into his chest, he knew those two were dating secretley, actually, it wasn't really a secret. The whole organization knew about them since those two were always so close.
But Zexion knew that things would change, right when he laid eye on the new member. He saw how Axel looked at him and how his cheeks flushed and the way he spoke to the key blade wielder. He could only feel pity for Demyx, who at heart is still a child. He couldn't see what was going on between the two, he just wondered how the musician found out and he hoped that it wasn't in a way that would scar the kid.
"D-did you know about them, Z-Zexy?"
He knew he shouldn't, but he couldn't lie to the boy, it was already painful enough to find out that everyone else knew but him.
"Yes Demyx, I knew..."
Demyx hiccupped and cuddled closer to Zexion, sniffling. "I was the only one who didn't know then...I'm so stupid!" Demyx cried out, stuffing his face into Zexion's silver locks.
"It's not your fault Demyx, you're innocent, you wouldn't have noticed. May I ask how you found out?" Zexion whispered softly, Demyx's body still raking with his muffled sobs.
"I walked in on them. And...And, Axel didn't seem to even notice. He He...he did what he did to me, only to Roxas...." Zexion hushed Demyx and pulled him closer, letting the emotional nobody wrap his legs around his waist. Though this was intruding his personal space, he had to, he couldn't bear to see this boy so distressed. He gently stroke his back as Demyx began to loll off to sleep, his breathing becomming light and distant.
Zexion shook his head and gently laid Demyx completely onto his bed, covering the blonde with his sheets before standing and walking out of the room. He couldn't feel emotions, but he wished he could share Demyx's pain right now...so the Nocturne wouldn't be alone.
---
Sign up to rate and review this story