Categories > Celebrities > Beatles

Strawberry Fields Forever

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

Paul decides to visit John's memorial in New York.

Category: Beatles - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: John Lennon,Paul McCartney - Published: 2012-12-08 - Updated: 2012-12-09 - 335 words - Complete

0Unrated
Paul was strolling around New York City incognito when he came across the special place he was looking for. He slowly approached the sign that read "Strawberry Fields" and sat down at a large bench. He wanted to walk to the large circle that was there and trace the word in the middle. "Imagine" it read. It'd been years since he decided to visit the special memoriam for his friend, and today was a day he wanted him especially.

Unfortunately, he wasn't the only one there; many people crowded the beloved spot, and he couldn't even see a glimpse of one letter. He sighed and looked around the dedicated area. The sign once again caught his eye. Before he knew it, he found himself humming the song of which this space was named.

Living is easy with eyes closed...

He closed his eyes and kept humming, forgetting that there was a chance people might recognize his voice.

Misunderstanding's all I see...

He hummed on as tears formed in his eyes. He felt what seemed like a warm presence surround him, hugging his whole body. He ever so dearly wanted to hug it back, but he couldn't tell if whether he was suddenly paralyzed or the tightness of the presence was making it hard for him to move.

Let me take you down

Cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields...

He could have sworn he was hearing John's voice again, drifting him away. It sounded so vivid; almost vivid enough to reach out and touch, pulling forward whom his heart longed for most.

Nothing is real...

His tears streamed out, and he knew his wish wouldn't come true. Despite his feelings, he still felt the urge to go on.

And nothing to get hung about...

The presence was now stronger around him as he calmed himself down. Opening his eyes and smiling softly, Paul whispered the rest of the refrain, along with the presence whose words would live on forever, just like his spirit.

Strawberry Fields Forever.
Sign up to rate and review this story