Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Misconceptions of a hero

Prelude to a tragety

by InuKag 1 review

Inu/Kag .... Mirok/Sang .... Things don't always go the way you plan them too... and sometimes... people aren't what they seem. If they aren't too careful, feelings could get inthe way of victory....

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Kirara, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo - Warnings: [!!!] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-07-21 - Updated: 2006-07-21 - 1890 words

0Unrated
A/N
hey guys iknow this is taking forever... I'm slowly finding the time to finish things... this one is not even CLOSE to being finished...Love it or hate it but please read and review as nicely as possible... this story is my BABY.


"This way and stay quiet... I hear voices... I can smell her." His hand went to the hilt of his Tetsusaiga and he quietly made his way down the darkened tunnel; Miroku and Sango closely in tow. The darkness began to fade into a yellow light as they neared the end of the tunnel, going into what could only be assumed as; the cave. There was a small cry for help that escaped the vast emptiness, causing Inuyasha to stop short. His ears were twitching.

"Kagome..." he whispered. There was a shrill laugh that filled the dark. Sango tightened her hold on Miroku as she looked into his eyes fearfully. They all knew who had been calling for help.

~*~

Kagome struggled in the bindings that seized her, holding her small body tightly to what she could only assume was some sort of barrage. Slowly her teary vision began to clear at the mirth of her captor.

"Kagome... I think it only fair that I properly introduce myself... after all my dear, you will be seeing a lot of me. Or should I say... you will be seeing a lot for me." She let out a shrill laugh. Kagome's muscles tensed at the sound and she spoke through a clenched jaw.

"What is the reason for this? Who are you!" Tears were viciously treading down her cheeks, blurring her vision yet again. "Why did you kidnap me? I swear I am no use to you, just let me go." Kagome was getting desperate, all she could think about was their child, and her voice had a pleading tone. Haisurah brought her hand to the terrified girl's face, brushing her hair from her eyes.

"Dear child that is what you are after all... a child... I am Haisurah. When Naraku created me, he misjudged just how much more powerful I was than he." Kagome squirmed and turned her head away at Haisurah's touch. "Oh, do not fret. I promise that I will not bring any harm to you or that... that abomination you carry within you. I will however have my fun." As she ended her statement, Haisurah placed her palm on Kagome's stomach and closed her eyes. There was a surge of power as Kagome felt a sharp pang shoot throughout her entire body, making her want to double over as the source of it came from her abdomen; her restraints however, would not permit such a thing. Kagome screamed out in agony. She silently prayed for Inuyasha.

~*~

Inuyasha sprinted into a run at the affliction that filled her scream. He forgot about the three behind him and just ran. He was terrified of what that scream may have meant, his thoughts were centered only to retrieving her from this unknown enemy. He was in such a daze of worry that he didn't even attempt to stay quiet as he stumbled into an opening lit dimly by candles, what he saw nearly wretched his heart. Kagome was against a wall, her hands were bound; her face contorted in pain. In front of her there stood a woman. She was slender from what he could tell, although her clothes did well to hide her figure. Her long golden curls flowed down her back almost gracefully as she tilted her head backward to laugh at the pain she was inflicting upon the young Miko. Inuyasha's vision became a blur as he pulled his Tetsusaiga, preparing to charge at the demon woman that stood before him.

~*~

Kagome's pain was becoming unbearable, she squeezed her eyes shut and bit her teeth together excruciatingly; as if to place her pain anywhere but the womb of her unborn child.

"Open your eyes!" Haisurah screamed angrily at the girl, shooting another surge of power throughout Kagome's entire body. "I want to see your pain young Miko." Kagome screamed; her eyes flying open from both the pain and the sound of Haisurah's wicked delight. Through Kagome's blurred crimson sight, her heart jumped at the image of the angry hanyou that stood almost directly behind Haisurah. He drew his sword as Haisurah brought her head forward again and let out a sigh.

"I see we have some company... well well well... Inuyasha I presume?" She turned quickly to face the armed hanyou.

"Let her go you fucking bitch!" Inuyasha could feel the demon blood in him boil as it slowly tried to surface his youkai. Haisurah noticed the spike in his scent and plastered a smile on her face.

"Well half breed really now, is there honestly any need to resort to violence?" Her laughter was starting to piss him off.

"Obviously you thought that there was ... now LET HER GO! Don't make me shred your ass to pieces." A low growl emanated from his chest as he aimed his Tetsusaiga. She simply laughed at his threat.

"Oh now, that is truly a laugh. You are going to destroy me? You, a disgusting half breed think you can defeat me? Now that is a laugh, you do not understand who you are dealing with do you?" There was a worrisome amusement held within her tone as she stepped towards Inuyasha. "Tsk Tsk Inuyasha, really now let us be realistic. The filthy half breed that could never defeat Naraku could never /defeat me. For I, Inuyasha, am indeed stronger than that pathetic hanyou ever was. I am his strongest demon side; he made a mistake releasing me. And to think, all because he wanted to be rid of his heart, the one that longed so deeply for the woman who tended to Onigumo's wounds, Kikyo was her name? Actually, isn't she the one that you have lusted over for so long? The same woman that Naraku tried to purge from his human feelings seems you were in love with her as well... I honestly don't see why you have wasted your time and apparently... your /seed on this girl that I have in my possession. You don't even love her... you, in fact, are in love with another."

"You're wrong you evil witch! I loved Kikyo yes... but I am in love with Kagome... she is everything, my entire heart ... now let her go before I destroy you! Either way I am getting her back." Something flickered in her eyes as she brought her hands together and placed them once more on Kagome's stomach. Kagome let out a scream; she was blinded by pain and no longer had any real knowledge of what was happening or being said. The only thing that reassured her mind was that Inuyasha was here. He came to save her. Haisurah laughed piercingly as she turned back towards Inuyasha and again put her hands together. There was a growing blue light emanating from within the palms.

"You love her... how touching you despicable half breed... I really don't understand why such a young and wise Miko would allow such an atrocity to defile her innocence. She must not be as astute as one would originally think. Perhaps I should just kill her right here and now. Her shard detecting skills are probably not of any use to me now that she carry's such an abomination within her... you have probably soiled her powers as well." Haisurah pulled a small dagger from her Yutaka and threw it in Kagome's direction. The Miko let out an agonizingly piercing howl as it lodged itself within her lower abdomen. She could feel her blood pouring out and tried to keep her consciousness from slipping. Inuyasha cried out her name as the dagger hit Kagome.

"You are going down!" He was losing his humanity, and it was happening quickly with every passing second; with every idea that Haisurah had just killed Kagome. He tried to sense Haisurah's aura, wind scar wasn't a possibility. Not with Kagome directly behind her, not in the constriction of the cave. Finally he found what he was looking for but Haisurah had already thought of that. With a snicker she threw the blue light from her hands at the fang of his sword; sending it flying across the floor. Inuyasha had to think fast.

"What are you going to do now? Without the protection and power from that damn sword of yours? You said you were going to destroy me... so do it already you half breed! I'm amused at the effort so far, not even a fucking attack! In case you haven't noticed, your love doesn't seem to be making it through all your time wasting." Haisurah walked over to Kagome and pulled the dagger from her, in fact making the pain and the wound much worse. She was now bleeding everywhere; the pain was threatening a blackout. There were tears streaming down her cheeks, but she could no longer feel their hot treads.

"Inu..." Her energy was fading fast. She was losing too much blood. Inuyasha looked over at his lover with fear as she started to border consciousness, he did the only thing he could think of.

"Blades of Blood!" He shouted releasing one of his most powerful attacks. What happened had never happened before, he watched Haisurah as she slowly fell to the ground she seemed to be choking for air, but relentlessly it would not come. Inuyasha stood above her momentarily before she finally stopped struggling and her body vanished. It was then that his thoughts came back to him. Kagome... he had to help her. He raced to her side and untied her bindings. The scent of her blood was overwhelming, and it scared him because there was far too much of it.

"Inu... sha..." She whimpered breathless as she collapsed against him. He collected her sullenly and sat on the ground with her in his embrace. He removed his Haori and wrapped her wound to stop the bleeding.

"Don't die on me now Kagome... not now please." As if on cue, the others finally entered the cave where the battle had taken place. Sango ran to Inuyasha as soon as she caught sight of Kagome's broken body.

"Oh Kami what the hell happened Inuyasha?" She placed her hand on Kagome's forehead.

"Where is Haisurah? Gomen nasi for taking so long... you are much faster than we are. Is Lady Kagome hurt badly Inuyasha?" Miroku pulled Sango back as he sadly looked upon Kagome.

"We need to get her back to Kaede... she will know what to do." Inuyasha gathered her tightly within his embrace, letting her head fall to his shoulder. "Try to keep up; I'm going to go ahead of you... way ahead." Inuyasha sprinted. He, in even his own opinion, had never run that fast in his entire life. It was easier to find his way back to the surface than he thought it would be, and he took to the forest. Silently praying as the wind whipped his face, drying the tears as they fell. He looked down upon her sleeping face momentarily and felt his heart, stomach, lurch. Kami Sama please be alright Kagome... I need you to be alright...

Sign up to rate and review this story