Categories > Original > Drama > Chimera

Pálaven´s Fox

by Kristia 0 reviews

From all the people they were searching for, they find Pálaven´s Fox

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-12-16 - Updated: 2012-12-17 - 825 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1
Pálaven´s Fox
The night was more compelling than usual, there were fewer people than normal in the market of the metropolis of Pálaven and that was giving chills to Diana, she just had to get home through the tumult of stands selling fruit or materials. She felt a presence that gave her discomfort in the shoulders, then bent down and grabbed her knife that was in on the boot and hid it under her coat and walked to reach the goal. But that presence was behind her and it was approaching.

She turned the corner of a square filled with vendors in order to lose the presence, but saw that there were three men in the other market outlets with those robes impossible not to recognize. They were security officers, their robes were white as snow with a big red stripe from the left shoulder to the waist, Diana hoped that they were just doing their patrol rounds, the girl bought some apples to disguise she did not know of them and walked to one of the exits, but it did not help much as she heard the officer unsheathing his sword that was behind her. Her reaction was barely enough and felt how the edge of her coat got slashed and a burning pain on the skin with a cut, the other three officers drew their bows and the one was behind her stood to launch another attack, Diana looked at the situation and saw that she could not do against the great sword or crossbows so she jumped for cover behind a barrel in which three arrows were embedded, she kicked it towards the direction of the arc of the sword and take the opportunity of the recharge time of guns running under one of the guards towards the winding alleys of the city.

She took short streets and folded in many corners, but could not lose them in the maze of alleys, and didn´t understood how well-equipped soldiers could keep up with Diana who had a great agility that made up for her lack of muscle strength, she looked at her pursuers and understood why they were reaching her, they weren´t running, but flying. "Angels" she thought. These beings, regarded as deities by the people in society, governing the security and armed forces of their government, had great wisdom and skill in combat, few were those who defied them and survived and Diana didn´t desired to be one of the people who didn´t make it.
The escaping girl took advantage of the narrow paths so the official’s squad had to stop a little so she could prepare her escape, make an opening or a diversion; however she had to get rid of them to do it. She stopped to turn at a small shop and covered behind waiting for the angels to pass, when the fourth passed, she buried her knife in the officer´s left wing causing him to lose his balance and fall on the ground; Diana ran to him and finished him with a kick stab on his chest to stop him completely. The other three were returning toward his fallen comrade preparing their crossbows and the swordsman wielding his sword tightly, Diana took the crossbow from the dead body and fired several arrows, then she noticed it got damaged with the fall and couldn´t shoot anymore, so she took an arrow and her knife and jumped to facing with the angel taking her into a wall, Diana between the officer and the wall causing her great pain and realized the arrow was embedded in the neck and the knife in the left rib zone of the angel.

Hurt from the back and a wound on her arm, Diana sat up leaning against the wall, the angel dead lying face down with broken wings. She took a nearby curtain and used it as a disguise getting into the crowd that was shocked with the bodies of two high class officers. Her arm bleeding slowly but steadily, she made a makeshift bandage to slow the flow of blood, her vision began to be blurred, but he wasn´t in much risk in anymore because the two remaining angels were hovering over their fallen comrades trying to alienate the public from the scene.

Arriving home, Diana took the elevator because of the fatigue, stripped of her bloody sweated clothes and took some bandages and an ointment to cure the injured areas, and then she fell on her bed and was lost in her dreams. The next morning, Diana was reviewing her things she had the last night: seventy Zeniques, the knife, her ID and a new crossbow with eight arrows made of good material. "Better this than captured or dead," she told herself. She prepared her stuff, checked the bandages and left to return to work she had as a "courier".
Sign up to rate and review this story