Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Base/Line

Arts & Crafts

by Monoshiri 0 reviews

Anko the unwilling nanny figure...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Anko - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-07-23 - Updated: 2006-07-23 - 376 words

3Funny
When she'd agreed to follow Orochimaru-sensei upon his defection from Hidden Leaf, Anko had known that her new course in life would involve traumas and hardships. When she'd been considering these, babysitting hadn't turned up on the list, but trying to protest to Orochimaru that being eighteen and the possessor of enough kinjutsu to make an ANBU captain shiver in his boots made one overqualified as a nanny fell on deliberately deaf ears.

So it was that Anko found herself the unofficial minder of the nine-year-old members of the future Sound Four. The relationship did not start off well. She spent four of the first six hours of their acquaintance hunting Tayuya, Kidoumaru, and the twins down, tying them to a tree, and threatening them with ugly death until they finally broke and, sobbing, gave her the whereabouts of her beloved and cruelly kidnapped stuffed cat.

Tama-chan was missing its tail and cute flower hat when Anko found it.

Matters did not get better when Orochimaru returned and found four of his five bodyguards-in-training traumatized and weeping and the fifth, Jiroubou, apple-green ill from having snuck off to the pantry and gorged himself on baker's chocolate. Had the snake sannin been the type to really emote, steam would have been pouring from his ears. Which was probably why he dumped the brats with Anko again the next time Sasori dragged him off somewhere.

This time, she planned, and as the five of them examined her distrustfully, she told them brightly that if they were good little boys and girls, she would show them how to turn an adult male shinobi inside-out without actually touching him.

When Orochimaru returned with Kabuto in tow, he found the five half-savage hellions he'd picked up as present talent and future insurance quietly lolling around on the furniture of the rec room, making come-back-soon construction-paper cards for him, with Anko napping in an armchair. The fact that most of these cards involved bloody disembowelment and childish figures with their living hearts torn out rather pleased his sensibilities.

As Jiroubou clambered into Anko's lap and promptly dropped off, Kabuto decided that he wasn't half as afraid of Orochimaru-sama as he was of this girl who smiled in her sleep.

challenge was: cards
Sign up to rate and review this story