Categories > Anime/Manga > Tenshi Ja Nai > That's Why

That's Why

by Masako_Moonshade 2 reviews

Without explanation, Hikaru is asked again to bind Izumi's wrists. But why?

Category: Tenshi Ja Nai - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-26 - Updated: 2006-07-26 - 334 words - Complete

4Insightful
That's Why

Disclaimer: I don't own Tenshi Ja Nai.
AN: What? No TJN fanfiction? That's horrible. I happen to think that Izumi is hilarious. I have to say that I'm not comfortable with adding honorifics, though. But that's the way the manga is written (even in English) so that's the way I'll do it.

\~~~~~~~~~~~~/

"Hey, Hikaru." His face was impassive, his voice commanding. She popped her head up to glance at her roommate.

"Do you need something, Izumi-san?" He beckoned her to his bedside, a span of thick twine in his hands. She obeyed automatically.

"I want you to tie up my wrists," he said stoically. "Like when you first found out about me," he explained, trying to mend her blank stare. He rolled his feminine eyes. "Just do it."

She shot him another quizzical look, but took the twine anyway and began to encircle his wrists.

"But why?" she asked, fastening the knot. For a moment he didn't answer, too busy checking the restraint. He couldn't break the twine, and the knot held fast. Good.

"Why, Izumi-san?" she repeated.

His bound hands shot up together and seized her chin. Like lightning he followed-and his lips found hers.

Her face was pale when he released her. Her eyes were wide, and her heart beat so hard that he could almost hear her pulse. His face straddled the difficult middle ground between deathly serious and a devilish smirk.

And why not? She tastes good.

"That's why," he said, and he reclined back in his bed, turning his back to her. He heard the rattle of the curtain that divided his half of the room from hers, the click of the light switch as the world went dark, the creak of her bed as she stumbled into it.

"Good night, Hikaru," he called.

"G...good night," she stammered back.

He fumbled with his bound hands, trying to get comfortable and failing miserably, despite the grin on his face. It was going to be a long night.
Sign up to rate and review this story