Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Wrong Number

15- Jon's Mistake

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 3 reviews

Now that Jon has Christian he doesn't really know how to keep her, and so he overcompensates romantically.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-12-23 - Updated: 2012-12-23 - 1284 words

2Exciting
The air outside was hot and Christian could barely breath. It was so humid, making her clothes stick to her body. Brendon and her hadn’t exactly been chilling in the air conditioning all day either; they’d been out and about doing everything they could to attempt to sweat to death.

So when Christian stepped inside Jon’s house she nearly collapsed in relief. The air conditioning hit her face and she sighed in sweet relief, just as Brendon followed her inside loudly declaring his love for the cooler temperature.

Christian was about to respond but she stopped, noticing Jon standing across the room from her. He was nicely dressed, as were Spencer and Ryan.

“Wait, how come no one told me about the dress code?” Brendon pouted.

Christian’s eyes widened, “No one told me either.”

Jon stepped closer, quickly closing the distance. Brendon squeaked from behind Christian. “Wait-” Christian ruined the moment by accident. “You aren’t- we aren’t, I can’t- not, a, marriage, no?”

Jon’s eyebrows rose as Spencer chuckled in the background. Brendon whined about the moment being over, and Ryan shh-ed them both.

The room went silent for a few seconds and Jon was the first to break it with his laughter as he pulled a box from his coat pocket. “And I hadn’t even gotten this out yet.” He commented, as Christian’s widened eyes followed the box.

Brendon squealed loudly, voicing how Christian felt inside.

Jon slowly opened the box, letting the suspense build.

Christian stared in wonder at the overly expensive piece of jewelry in front of her. The ring was beautiful, breathtakingly so. Brendon leaned over Christian’s shoulder, staring at the ring. “Holy shit.” He breathed in to Christian’s ear before backing off upon the look Jon gave him.

“Christian, I really like you.” Jon said- and Christian thought of the cute ‘girlfriend-boyfriend’ proposal Jon had not too long ago graced her with. It was romantic, but they weren’t ready for another proposal because that meant…

“I know what you’re thinking, and it’s kind of cute when you panic.” Jon grinned. “Just a little.” Christian blushed a deep red. “But I’m not asking you to marry me.” Christian inwardly felt a pang of relief, since she knew she wasn’t ready for that. “I am asking you to promise yourself to me.”

Christian had never heard that before, “What?” Jon smiled at how innocent the question sounded.

“It’s a promise ring.” Jon announced. “I have one too, and I’ll wear it if you accept.”

“So, it’s a no sex ring?” Christian asked softly.

Jon chuckled, “Kind of, not really- not for us, well yeah for us.”

Spencer patted Jon on the back. “Try making sense.” He commented, making Ryan laugh.

Jon took a deep breath. “It’s just, it- well they do it in movies and that always turns out well.”

Christian’s eyebrows rose. “So, you’re doing this… because of a movie?”

“Not just one.” Jon blushed. “I’ve never done the romance thing before. I’ve kind of just been, well a-”

Brendon spoke for him, “A slut.”

“Takes one to know one.” Jon answered.

Christian laughed. “I don’t need a proposal for every little thing. Of course I’m promised to you. That’s kind of part of being in a relationship, right? A normal one. We’re in a normal relationship. As romantic as this is… well, I just don’t want over the top. It’s over the top to do this for everything.”

Ryan clearly and loudly ‘whispered’ to Spencer, “Told you.”

“Sorry.” Jon blushed. “I just wanted, to well, make you feel special.”

Christian laughed again. “You’re the sweetest.”

“And I totally ruined the moment.”

“What moment?”

“The moment of you getting a job.” Jon commented. “It was kind of a celebration too.”

“You know what would be a good celebration?” Christian asked, as the other guys watched and listened.

“What?” Jon asked.

“I’m taking notes.” Brendon commented from behind Christian.

“Let’s cook dinner together! I would like that.” Christian told him.

Jon was surprised. “Just that? You don’t want like, fireworks or something?”

“What exactly do you think of me?” Christian asked, laughing more. “I hope I don’t give you the impression that I’m such a diva.”

“You don’t.” Jon shifted, uncomfortably. “But I’ve been with a lot of diva types.”

“You’re going to have to get used to being with me.” Christian teased.



**



Jon was gathering all of the ingredients for dinner while Christian went to another room to check her voicemail. The guys were being too loud for her to check it in the kitchen.

She sighed, chuckling to herself. Jon was definitely strange, and unable to grasp simplicity sometimes. It was adorable, and kind of expected. He was a musician, and having the kind of money he had… kind of made simple things disappear.

Christian heard Anna’s voice and felt her walls come up. She expected something terrible, maybe some more name calling but instead-

“Look Christian, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I was a bitch. No, I was more than a bitch. There isn’t a word for what I was. It’s so bad that it’s just not named, and I promise I’m going to make things better. I’m going to talk to that asshole Benjamin, and I’m going to tell him to back off- for good. I’m going to scare that bastard the way that he scares you. I should have done this a long time ago. I’ll come over after, okay? I love you. Please don’t be mad at me!” Christian paused in place as the words sank in.

The voicemail ended, time stamped at over an hour ago.

It wouldn’t take that long, and it was a bad enough idea to make Christian go cold with worry.

Christian knew that she couldn’t face Jon. He’d see right through her and know that something was wrong.

So that’s why she grabbed Brendon’s keys, prayed that he’d forgive her for taking his car, and let without a word.



*

Jon sighed. “Well, that was humiliating.”

Spencer chuckled. “You said you wanted to be romantic, and romance her in a way that she had never before been romanced in. I think you succeeded. It’s just not what she wanted, and you kind of didn’t think through that part.”

“If she doesn’t want romance then what does she want?” Jon asked out loud, glancing towards the door to make sure Christian wasn’t coming back at that moment.

Brendon quickly stole a carrot off the counter. “Dinner, evidently.”

Jon took a deep breath. “I can do dinner.”

“Stop freaking out over everything.” Ryan scolded. “This isn’t a damn movie. She’s just a girl, and you’re just a guy. There isn’t anything bigger than that here, so stop acting like it.”

Romance wasn’t really their problem though, and as Jon called out for Christian just a few seconds later he figured that out.





**



(Sorry for the overdramatic representation of romance, and Jon’s constant proposals. It was something I saw in a movie recently, but of course the romance was accepted. It just came off so ridiculously, I wanted it to fail here which is why I made it so dramatic. Hope it didn’t just come off as foolish, and ruin the purpose. It was a trial run. :P I’ll try to update soon.)
Sign up to rate and review this story