Categories > Books > Cirque du Freak > Give Me Love (A Gavner Purl Love Story)

Chapter 2

by gavnersboxers 0 reviews

Category: Cirque du Freak - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Darren Shan,Evra Von - Published: 2012-12-28 - Updated: 2012-12-28 - 1282 words

0Unrated
(A/N: The song 'A Team' belongs to Ed Sheeran! R&R :))

I watched the show from the wing of the stage, waiting for the show to pause in the middle so the helpers and I could walk around and sell Cirque du Freak merchandise. Larten and his spider, Evra and his snake, and Cormac Limbs soon finished their acts, and it was time for me to start selling. I walked through the front row, and weaved my way through every row until I was in the back of the tent.

That's when I saw him. The man I met at the door. He was with his friend, and they were the last people I would serve. When I reached him and the green-haired man, the green one lit up when he saw the tray, and he swiped almost every treat on there. He then looked at me and winked. "Tell Larten Crepsley that the bill is his." I blushed, quickly nodding. I turned to the burly man.

"A-anything for y-you sir?" I blushed deeper. He smiled, pulled a plush spider off the tray without dropping his gaze and handed me a five dollar bill. I accepted it and nodded politely. I paused as if I was going to say something, but decided against it and began to walk away. That's when I fell. On my face, In front of everyone. The silver platter fell to the ground, but thankfully there was so much talking in the room that only the people closest to me could hear the dinging of the plate. I didn't care that anyone heard- I cared that he heard and saw. Fighting back tears, I was suprised when I saw him and the green one jump off their chairs to help me up. They both picked me up, wiping grass and dirt of me. I let out a ragged breath. The green one began picking up the tray and merch, while the other didn't release me. I looked up at him.

"Are you okay, miss? That was quite a fall you took there." His voice was so damn deep. I nodded, my chin quivering.

"T-thank you. Both of you." The green one smiled, and the other slightly loosened his grip, but not by a lot.

"It's the least we could do. By the way, we seem to be running into each other a lot. I'm Vancha, and this is Gavner." Glad to know their names, I accepted the hand that Vancha stuck out.

"I'm A-alaska. Alaska Jai." I shook Gavner's hand, noticing the warmth that radiated off of it; it was large and scarred. I didn't him to pull away, but felt extreme butterlies as he gently squeezed my hand before letting it go.

"Nice to meet you, Alaska." Vancha's grin widened. I smirked. Maybe these two weren't as intimidating as I thought. But Gavner... there was something about him.

"Let us help you bring this backstage. We have a friend that works here." Vancha offered. I didn't mention the fact that I knew that they were Larten Crepsley's friends. Vancha took the tray, and as we began to walk, Gavner slipped his arm around my waist. Blushing like crazy, I looked up at him.

"I don't want you to fall again, Alaska Jai." He grinned. I bit my lip and smiled at the ground.

'LARTEN!" Vancha bellowed as soon as he saw his friend.

"Vancha! Gavner! There you two are. Why did you come here so early? I though we agreed on after the show?" Larten's assistant, Darren, was standing next to him. He smiled at me and waved, and I returned the gesture, just not so enthusiastically. I was having a hard time thinking straight with Gavner's fingertips softly kneading into my waist.

"Gavner, I take it you know Alaska?" Larten asked, his eyebrows raised. Gavner thought for a moment, as if confused, then quickly took his arm away. But he didn't move away from me. We were still pushed up together.

"Uh, she fell. Didn't want her to fall again..." Gavner blushed, scratching his ear.

"Yeah, right. Sorry to break it to you, Alaska, but this man right here fancies you." Vancha called out for everyone to hear, laughing as we both blushed deeply.

"Okay, I'm gonna go." I spoke quietly, turning around and beginning to walk away.

"Wait!" Gavner called, grabbing me by the wrist. "When can I see you again?" My life was beginning to sound like a cheesy chick flick. But in a way, I liked it.

"I-I sing outside after the show." He smiled and nodded. I went back to the show, taking the tray from Vancha and smiling politely.

I took a deep breath, putting the guitar strap around my shoulders and taking the pick out from where I always keep it, on the fourth fret. I stummed the first chord and began. As I started the song, I noticed Gavner, alone, leaning up against a tree to the left of me, listening.

White lips, pale face
Breathing in snowflakes
Burnt lungs, sour taste
Light's gone, day's end
Struggling to pay rent
Long nights, strange men

And they say
She's in the Class A Team
Stuck in her daydream
Been this way since 18
But lately her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries
And they scream
The worst things in life come free to us
'Cause we're just under the upperhand
And go mad for a couple crumbs
She don't want to go outside tonight
And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland
Or sells love to another man
It's too cold outside
For angels to fly
Angels to fly

Ripped gloves, raincoat
Try to swim and stay afloat
Dry house, wet clothes
Loose change, bank notes
Weary-eyed, dry throat
Cool girl, no phone

And they say
She's in the Class A Team
Stuck in her daydream
Been this way since 18
But lately, her face seems
Slowly sinking, wasting
Crumbling like pastries
And they scream
The worst things in life come free to us
'Cause we're just under the upperhand
And go mad for a couple crumbs
She don't want to go outside tonight
And in a pipe she flies to the Motherland
Or sells love to another man
It's too cold outside
For angels to fly
Angels to fly

An angel will die
Covered in white
Closed eye
And hoping for a better life
This time, we'll fade out tonight
Straight down the line

And we're all under the upperhand
And go mad for a couple crumbs
We don't want to go outside tonight
And in a pipe we fly to the Motherland
Or sell love to another man
It's too cold outside
For angels to fly
Angels to fly
To fly, fly
Angels to fly, to fly, to fly

I got a large round of applause from the group of people that surrounded me and my guitar, and the largest profit I've ever made was thrown into the open case. Gavner threw a few dollars in there, his eyes shining with something I couldn't read.

"Thank you, guys! Have a nice night!" I waved as everyone smiled and departed.

"Excuse me, Alaska Jai, but would you favor going on a walk with me?" He smiled that perfect smile, and all my thoughts faded away. I nodded, putting the guitar on top of the money and closing the case.

"Please, allow me." He took the case from me, slinging it over his shoulder and motioning to the sidewalk with his head. I nodded again.

Gavner Purl was a gentlemen, for sure. No matter how much I wish to deny it, I think I'm starting to like him.
Sign up to rate and review this story