Categories > Original > Romance > Draw me a picture, Violet.

Chapter 2

by kasabian04 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2012-12-30 - Updated: 2012-12-30 - 938 words

0Unrated
I snapped out of my dreams as I sensed my alarm going off.
Great, I thought to myself. Another wonderful day of school and controlled assessments.
But the only thing I could do is just think about the dream I just had, about how much sense it made to me and how sympathethic I was towards Violet and how I've always liked someone like John Granger. And, obviously, how someone evil like James White will come my way, definititly.
I got dressed, tied my hair up and applied some make-up so I wouldn't scare anyone with my morning face. I then grabbed my phone, inserted my headphones in and pressed 'shuffle'. I was that tired I could barely walk and listen to what was playing. I stumble out the front door and direct my way towards the bus stop. I stand there alone for about 5 minutes, in the dark as it was full winter, December 3rd..I think. I then turn my head and notice a shadow moving at the top of the street and I narrow my eyes to make it clearer. I then notice it's a tall, skinny man. No wait, a boy, a boy definitily. Around 20 years old I guess.
He looks down at me as if he actually notices me standing there, then walks away. I turn my head away for 1 split second, look back, and he isn't there anymore.
'Strange' I thought 'What was that?'
By that time my bus came and I casually nearly tripped my way in and ran to a seat before I fell again. That dream was in my head the full bus journey and I still couldn't make out what in the name of heck that meant to me.


As a long day of school dragged, it came to an end, thank fuck.
I enter my house and find that it's empty, so I go up to my bedroom, take my clothes off, change into my pajamas and get into bed for a quick sleep.
I never fell asleep so fast in my life and as soon as I wasn't conscious anymore the dream came. It was Violet, lying in that massive bed with only one blanket covering her. The light shone from the tall wooden window with the smallest details carved into it, and the curtains were flowing slowly with the tiny draft that was coming from the window. She slowly moved, stretched her arms and squinted her eyes. They then shot open and she shoot out of bed and frantically tried to find her gown. She then notices something at the bottom of the bed. It was a bordeaux dress with golden studs travelling across the waist and it flowed down into wavy flames. She thought it was so
beautiful, she had never seen anything like that before. She put it on and it fit her so perfectly, it was as if it was designed for her. She then opened the door slightly to not make it creek, and tip-toed her way to her bedroom, but an arm caught her wrist and she turned around to find James staring down at her guiltily.
'How was your sleep?' he asked, and his tone was not interested at all.
'It was okay' Violet said, avoiding his glaze.
'That dress really suits you, I'm glad, as we have a guest tonight' and smiled cheekly.
Before she could even say anything he lifted her chin up with his finger, leaned in close to her and started gently kissing her. She kissed him back, hell she couldn't deny it, he was a good kisser. He slowly pushes her against the wall and gradually starting kissing her more violently, as if he couldn't have enough of her, as if he was trying to get something he could not reach. He reached for her hips and slid his hands down to her back, and then went down more. She then threw her arms around his neck, actually enjoying this. What is happening to her? She could NOT like James White. No way. Not now.
He breaks off all of the sudden, nearly pushing her away, and for a moment she could swear he had tears in his eyes.
'I'm sorry Violet, I can't do this' and walked away from her, leaving her standing there speechless.

About 2 hours later, James was in the dining room with a bottle of Rum and a glass that always seemed to fill up. Violet was in her bedroom staring blankly at the cieling trying to figure out what her life became, what emotions she was feeling, what was happening? She couldn't put her finger on it.
Then a knock came from the front door, and James shot up from his blank face, fixed his tie, shaked his hand through his hair, and put on the biggest charming smile he could ever put on and went to the front door. Violet heard the knock too, and she quietly got out of the room and slowly went towards the big banister and hid behind it just to peek at who this important guest of James' was having dinner in the mansion tonight.
She heard their voices, she could recognise James', it was the most powerful. The other voice was familiar too, but she couldn't make out who it was.
She then lifted her head above the banister, to look down at the front door and the shock hit her.
She nearly fell back she was that amazed.
She couldn't believe it.
'It's..it's..' she said in a whisper.
'John Granger' she let out in almost a shout.
Sign up to rate and review this story