Categories > Celebrities > Beatles

Day Trippers

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

John, George, and the wives go to their dentist's house for a dinner party.

Category: Beatles - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: George Harrison,John Lennon - Published: 2013-01-07 - Updated: 2013-01-08 - 1949 words - Complete

1Ambiance
"Mr. and Mrs. Lennon! Mr. Harrison! Miss Boyd! How lovely it is to see you all!"

Each of the Beatles and their wives/girlfriends had been invited by our dentist, Dr. Morgan, to his apartment for a dinner party that night. Unfortunately, Paul and Ringo couldn't make it, leaving John, George, Pattie, and I to come.

The five of us chatted for a while before Dr. Morgan took John's and my coats. "Oh, and by the way," he said before he left the room, "I advise you not to leave."

We all agreed to stay before exchanging glances toward one another. "What was that all about?" George asked John.

"I dunno," John muttered. "Maybe he wanted us for an orgy or something." Pattie and I rolled our eyes as the men laughed.

"Oh, come now, John," I said. "Be mature for once!"

"You too, George!" Pattie said. "We don't want to embarrass ourselves!"

"Who's embarrassing whom?" Dr. Morgan asked, walking back into the room. "No guests of mine shall be embarrassed! Now how about we all sit down at the table?" He led us into his dining room. "Would anyone like something to drink? I'm afraid I ran out of tea, but I do have coffee..."

"Coffee sounds great," I replied. It wasn't my favourite beverage, but I didn't want to ask too much of the dentist. John simply nodded, despite his obvious objections.

"I agree," Pattie said. "Coffee would be delightful."

Dr. Morgan served us the coffee, and right away we could smell something different about it.

"What do you have in here, Doc?" John asked, taking another whiff.

"Oh, just a couple of secret ingredients," Dr. Morgan replied. "I like to add additional spices and such to my coffee... It doesn't taste bad, does it?"

"It's delicious," Pattie said, taking another sip.

"Good," Dr. Morgan said with a smile. "The entree will be here shortly." He left the room again to retrieve the several dishes in the kitchen. 


"Would you like some... Assistance?" I asked. There were several dishes, after all.

"No, I'm quite alright," he said. "But thank you, Mrs. Lennon."

It was just as the dentist was finished setting down all the food that I started to feel dizzy. I tried to keep myself upright, but it was soon becoming hard to ignore. It appeared I wasn't alone; Pattie's head seemed to be spinning a little, and George was having trouble getting words out correctly. Even John blinked several times as though he were trying to adjust to a sudden change. What the hell was wrong with us?

"Please excuse me," Dr. Morgan said after a few minutes. "There's something I need to get from upstairs." He left the table, and I could have sworn a rabbit was hopping up in front of him.

"D-Did any of you see that r-rabbit?" I asked. "I think i-it was trying to get aw-way..."

"WHAT WAS THAT?" George asked in a louder voice. "THOSE DAMN BELLS ARE TOO LOUD... WHERE ARE THEY COMING FROM, ANYWAY?"

"Bells?" Pattie asked. "I can't hear anything..."

"Me neither," I said, confused. "John?" I looked at my husband, but all he did was stare into space. "John? Hello?"

"Hmm?" He looked at me. "Sorry... That fountain is just incredible, don't you think?" He pointed to space on the wall. "The colours are just so strange..." However, when I looked, I saw nothing, except... Well, nothing except for the wall.

"John, there's nothing there..." I said. Rabbits? Bells? Fountains? Again, what the hell?

"I-I'll be right back," Pattie said, stumbling slightly as she got up from her chair. "I'd like to get some more coffee." I watched her as she left to the kitchen. At that point, I knew something was wrong; after all, Pattie was one of the most polite women I knew. Why would she be helping herself in someone else's home without their consent?

Whatever it was that made her do it got me as well. "I think I'll join her," I said as I rose from my chair. I walked into the kitchen as Pattie was pouring herself another cup.

"Hello," she said. "I don't know what's in me... I'm just so thirsty for this coffee..."

"Me too," I said, taking the coffee pot from her. "I just hope Dr. Morgan won't mind..."

"I'm sure he won't," she said after a sip. "He's such a sweet man."

"Yeah... What's taking him so long, anyway?"

Pattie started to shrug, but something stopped her. She picked up a small packet from behind the coffee pot that was filled with an almost white, powdery substance. She spilled a little on her finger and smelled it. Suddenly, her eyes grew wide, and she stared at my mug just as I was about to take yet another drink. "CYN, NO!" She grabbed the mug from my hands and poured out the liquid of both my mug and hers. Then, she went on to pouring out the rest of the pot.

"What was that for?!" I asked. "What's wrong?!" She looked at me.

"Cyn... W-We've been spiked!"

"What?!"

"S-See for yourself!" She gave me the packet, and I examined it carefully. I had seen something similar to it a few times, but it took me a little while to realize what it was; drugs. What type, I wasn't sure, but it had the same scent of the coffee.

"Then that explains everything..." I said.

"Oh my god..." Pattie said, staring at where she found the packet.

"What is it?" I asked. "Is there more?" She then pulled out a camera from the same area and I gasped. "The nerves of that man! No wonder he wants us to stay—he wants to capture us making complete fools of ourselves!"

"We have to get out of here!"

We ran out to the boys and showed them the packet. "What's wrong with being high for a bit?" John asked. But when we explained the cameras, he grew as upset as we had.

"WHAT A BASTARD!" George boomed. "WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!"

"Shut up!" John hissed. "Don't let him hear you!"

"Oh, I've heard enough," a voice echoed. We looked at the staircase as Dr. Morgan returned to the table. "And I thought we all agreed to stay right here."

"Dr. Morgan," John said a little uneasily. "Of course we're not leaving... Soon, that is..." I looked at him. What was he saying?!

"Good," said Dr. Morgan. "How about we continue our meal? I made it special..."

"That sounds like a good idea," John said as he dropped his fork. "Ah, cripes..." He leaned down to get it and pulled me down with him. "Oops..."

"What was that for?!" I asked quietly under the table. "What do you think you're doing?!"

"Sneak upstairs," he whispered to me. "Pretend you're sick or something... Just find a way to grab our coats so we can get out of here!"

"Why me?" I asked.

"Cos you seem to be the most stable," he said. "Plus, you're closer to the stairs. And to me. I didn't want to get up to tell one of the others." I nodded and sat up with a soft, yet forced smile.

"Where could I find the loo?" I asked politely.

"Just around the corner," Dr. Morgan said. "I'll show you." He led me to the restroom. "Here you are, Mrs. Lennon."

"Thank you," I said, stepping in. I closed the door and looked at myself. God, was I a mess... I tried to fix my hair and makeup a little before I remembered the plan.

I looked out to make sure the coast was clear and quickly ran for the stairs, making sure the dentist didn't hear me from behind. I went through several rooms before finding the one with our coats and grabbed them. After that, I ran down the stairs.

John looked at me as I ran before shouting, "NOW!" Pattie and George sprang out from their seats and ran for the door, taking each of their coats from my arms. The four of us ran to George's car and got in. George sat in the driver's seat, John in the passengers' seat, and Pattie and I in the back. We got ourselves settled and drove out of the driveway.

As soon as we thought we were fine again, hell broke loose. I looked behind us to find a taxi cab staying close behind and shrieked. "H-He's right behind us!"

George glanced behind him and looked back to the road with a crazed look on his face. "OH NO HE'S NOT!" Right then, he started driving as fast he could go without going too far above speed limit into town. He changed lanes when he could to try to lose the taxi cab. Sure enough, we lost him.

"Ok-kay, George..." I said. "Y-You don't have to go so f-fast anymore... H-He's gone..."

We stopped at a light and he looked at me with the same crazed look. "HOW DO WE KNOW HE'S NOT COMING BACK? HUH?" He looked back at the road.

We got to Regent Street, a street filled with stores. "Ooh, Pattie! Look at those dresses!"

"Yes... How lovely..." she replied.

I looked at her and took a double take. "Pattie, are you alright?" She was staring at all of the windows. Then, her stare turned into more of a glare through her pink eyes, and she scrunched up her nose as though she were angry.

"I'm perfectly fine... It's those damn windows..."

"Wh-What about them?"

She started panting a little. "I... NEED... TO... BREAK... THOSE FUCKING WINDOWS!" My eyes widened as she took off her shoes and scrambled to get out of the car. "GEORGE, STOP THE CAR! STOP THE CAR!"

"NO! WE NEED TO GET AWAY!" he insisted.

I glanced at John. "J-John?" I called.

He looked at me with a similar look as George's. "ISN'T THIS A WONDERFUL TRIP, CYN?" he cackled.

I shrieked louder as I looked at everyone in the car; a crazed driver, a deranged passenger next to him, a mad woman, and another woman trying to keep her head.

We were all going to die.

I don't remember a lot after that except for various sounds and movements that made my blood run cold; the tires skidding on the road; shrieks from everyone; and the car coming to an abrupt stop. I couldn't look at what was going on, and I wasn't planning on doing so anyway.

All of a sudden, I opened my eyes to find a ceiling. Had I been dreaming? Where was I? Did we die? Whatever happened, it hurt my head.

It took me a few seconds to adjust my sight and figure out where exactly I was; George's house. Wait a minute... George's house? That's where we were going... We made it? Alive? I blinked in confusion.

As I continued to stare at the ceiling, not knowing what to believe anymore, a hand hovered over my face. "Cyn? Cyn, you awake? Cyyyyyyyyn?"

I blinked some more, recognizing John's voice.

"Y-Yes?"

"Good Lord! You're finally awake!"

I sighed, knowing I shouldn't have expected more from him. "What happened? Did we hit something? Is the car all right?"

John chuckled. "Yeah, everything's fine... You just fainted... George stopped the car for a bird... He didn't care about running over a fucking squirrel, but the bird had to live!"

"What about Pattie and George? Are they all right? Where are they?"

"Pattie's asleep, and George is drinking some tea. Good tea. Good tea without anything to make us crazy."

I sighed and lay my head back down. "Thank God for tea..."
Sign up to rate and review this story