Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X > Drawn Toward Unity

Chapter One

by Person 0 reviews

As Yuna's pilgrimage falls apart around them, Lulu finds herself bonding with a most surprising person. Updated Fridays.

Category: Final Fantasy X - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Characters: Lulu, Other - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2006-07-21 - Updated: 2006-07-21 - 868 words

2Original
Written for a pairing challenge. If any type of strange pairings make your eyes bug out, please try to keep an open mind and I hope you'll find yourself enjoying what I came up with for it.

- - -

Home was collapsing before their eyes, but Rikku managed to safely lead her fellow guardians, as well as the two summoners that had joined them, through the rubble to what looked to Lulu a bit like an oddly shaped boat hidden underground. As they ran over the walkway leading to it she peered over the banister, trying to catch sight of whatever underground river they must be planning to escape along, but all she could see was the ground far below. She sent a quick but fervent prayer toward Yevon, hoping that the Al Bhed had an actual plan for escaping, and weren't just assuming they'd be safe hiding in the one part of Home that didn't appear to be falling down or on fire until the Guado left.

Not that Yevon was likely to listen to someone who'd killed a Maester, she realized, stomach twisting in the same sickening way it did every time she remembered Seymour collapsing to the floor of Macalania Temple. He had deserved it, of course, she reassured herself for the hundredth time. The teachings were very clear about the punishment for patricide being death.

She just wished that they could have gotten him to a proper trial by Yevon so his blood wouldn't be on their hands.

They reached the door to the land-bound boat and hurried inside, past Rikku's father who closed the door behind them and shouted "Come on, this way!" before taking the lead.

Lulu glanced around them, and couldn't help but shudder a little. The smooth metal walls that surrounded them screamed 'machina', and, while she was usually much more comfortable in the presence of the Al Bhed and their contraptions then most Yevonites, even she couldn't overlook the fact that she seemed to be standing in the middle of a machine that could probably get her excommunicated for just looking at it with too much curiosity.

She looked around, trying to find someone to talk to and keep her mind off of their constantly slipping morality, but everyone seemed to be busy. Tidus and Rikku were jabbering at each other about some sort of excavation while Sir Auron listened in, Wakka was bothering Isaaru and his brothers about helping him atone for his involvement with the Al Bhed once they reached the nearest temple, and Kimahri... well, Yuna was the only one who could get him to speak on a regular basis, and he didn't look like he was planning on suddenly opening up to her. She didn't even bother to think about talking to Dona.

So she settled on quickening her pace to catch up to Cid and began to study him, trying to find some trace of Yuna in his features. She could see the resemblance in Rikku a little, in the shape of her nose and the curve of her chin, and even her brother had that same nose again, although other then that you wouldn't be able to tell they were related at all, but she just couldn't see her in Cid. She'd almost assume that Rikku had to be related to Yuna through her mother's side, if she didn't know for a fact that that was wrong.

Suddenly Cid seemed to tire of her watching him, and turned his head to growl, "What in tarnation are you starin' at, woman?"

She just kept staring, caught by surprise, mind rushing trying to think up an excuse. If Wakka hadn't been around she wouldn't have cared about telling the truth, but she wouldn't dare reveal Yuna's secret to him before Yuna herself was ready to do so. After a long moment she finally settled for a simple, "My apologies."

He started walking again, grumbling something in Al Bhed that she assumed must have been rude and about her, judging by his tone and the fact that the only word she could understand was "Yevonites." She was just going to let it be, since she had been the one being impolite, when to her shock Rikku bounced up to them yelling, "Rao Pops, dyga dryd pylg! Lulu's hud y hunsym Yevonite! Cra'c so vneaht, yht ed teth'd ajah pik ran du mad sa zueh dras ajah druikr cra ghaf dryd E's Al Bhed!"

Although they'd been relatively amicable toward each other during the short time they'd journeyed together, Lulu had never expected that Rikku would defend her to another Al Bhed but, although she couldn't understand the words, she could tell that that's what she was doing. Cid stared at her, seemingly startled, for a second, then looked up at Lulu. For an instant she thought he was going to apologize to her, then, with a muttered "Don't talk back, Rikku," he slammed his hand into a small panel that opened a door to a small hallway. "Bridge is right through here, folks," he said to the group before heading inside. Rikku rolled her eyes and shot Lulu a small smile before darting after him, everyone else following.
Sign up to rate and review this story