Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Death's Child

Chapter 5 : Familiae Dominus

by PuckSilverbreeze 11 reviews

Potter, Granger, Malfoy, Longbottom.. Names that become legends

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-01-13 - Updated: 2013-01-14 - 8358 words

5Original
Chapter 5 : Familiae Dominus


Blood lines fade and reemerge. What was considered muggleborn is not and what was considered pureblood is not pure.
- The Sorceress Hermione


#

The patrons of the alley watched as young wizard in a silver cloak exited the bank followed by a silver cloaked witch, the two were met by another witch at the foot of the stairs.

DeeDee smilled soflty, "Hello there Harry, Jhaelvyll. Ready to shop?"

Harry gave DeeDee a hug and smiled, "Where to first D?"

With a smile Dee points to Flourish and Blotts, the book shop, let us see what these wizards know."

Harry laughs softly, "Trying to get out of teaching me the True Art already DeeDee?"

Death laughed deep and well, a laugh from the depths of her belly, "Oh no young Harry, you and yours will learn true sorcery, but now it seems I have two students."

Harry chuckled, though it was not the deep sound of a grown man, but it is not the high pitch of a youth either, "Hear that Jhaelvyll, you may be regretting your oath soon. Seems we will be learning of Sorcery together you and I."

Jhaelvyll blinked, "I am sure the Mistress meant another, my Master."

DeeDee reached out and ruffled Harry's hair under his cloak hood, "Trust your Master more little elf, He knows me better then any who walk these lands."

Jhaelvyll froze in shock, after all she was just a death elf, now bound to this mage, why would they teach her the high arts lost to wizards and elves. "Truly?", she whispered and fell silent, shock flowing through her.
DeeDee opened the door into the bookshop for Harry, and Harry in the action of one who had just made a new friend grabbed Jhaelvyll's hand and pulled the elf after himself.

Harry dragging Jhaelvyll in tow wanders through the store with DeeDee slipping unnoticed behind them. Harry suddenly stops to pull some books off the shelves, he finds Jhaelvyll standing there taking them from his hands as fast as he removes them for the shelves. He stops as he hears a snotty voice berating someone.

"Why are you even buying all these books, stupid mudbloods shouldn't be allowed to go to Hogwarts", said the young male voice.

Harry came around the shelves and looked at what appeared like a mundane pair of parents and their bushy haired daughter, something about their energy told Harry, they were not as mundane as they were believed to be. He decided to act before the father who must have been military by his bearing did. "Blonde hair almost as white as snow, a snotty attitude with little knowledge of facts or history, I believe we have found the scion of Malfoy, wouldn't you say Jhaelvyll?", carried Harry's voice softly.

Not sure what her master was up to the elf answered, "Yes, I believe so Master, the resemblance to his father at that age is uncanny."

Draco Malfoy for that was who the boy was spun around to stare at the boy in the silver cloak and the woman behind him, that is until he saw what the woman was, slowly the young pureblood tried to back up, after all any person that can make a drow call him Master was not someone he should mess with.

Harry ignored Draco and moved to speak with the family who were picking up the books that Harry was sure the young pureblood knocked out of the girls arms, "I must apologize, some families forget their past and think they are better then everyone else.", said Harry as he bent down to help. Jhaelvyll set Harry's books on a shelf and started to help too.

Hermione being young said what was on her mind, "And some families it appears still think they own black people... This is not the sixteen hundreds, you know."

Jhaelvyll laughed softly, "First young lady, the laws of magical Europe are much closer to that time then you know, second, I am not human... Am I young Malfoy?"

Draco's answer to this was to screech "DROW!!" and run off. A soft giggle followed the scream and a pale girl, with white hair and purple eyes walked up to Hermione, the slight girl bent down to help as well, "I really must apologize for my twin brother, he takes father's rhetoric much too literally." Only as she was handing the books to Hermione did the girl look up and into Harry's face, suddenly the girl has her head down, fell to her knees and sat on her heels, and whispers, "My Lord, I apologize, I was not aware whom..."

Harry chuckled softly and putting a finger under the pale chin forced the girl's face up lightly, "Ah, the young Astra Hecate Black Malfoy, How are you little star?" The pale girl knelt there blushing and unable to speak.

Jhaelvyll continued to giggle as she stood up and handed her pile of books to the girl's mother, "And finally, a servant is not always a slave and a slave is not always forced." Jhaelvyll smiled at the father, "Would it help if I said my name was Pennyworth?"

The mother giggled, "I doubt it, Hermione doesn't read Batman"

The father started and finally spoke, his voice a very deep bass, "Drow exist, but I thought they were great aunt Augusta's fairy tale evil elves."

Jhaelvyll nodded, "I am not sure about evil, but dark elves, of which drow is a subset follow a different moral set then modern humans."

Hermione stared at the onyx like skin with the green eyes and flowing red hair, "So you are not a slave?"

DeeDee walked up now that the Malfoy boy was gone, she did look with interest at the albino girl, "I doubt Harry would treat her like one, no matter what her opinion", she shook hands with the father, "Hello, I am Teleute Cwalu, Countess Warwick, but please call me DeeDee, perhaps we can help you, I would love to know more about this ancestor of yours, do you know her maiden name or married name."

The mother had turned to her husband, "Odd, I have a great great grandmother whose name was Augusta... That would be scary if it's the same woman."

The father shrugged, "We are from the same village after all. I believe she married into the Longbutton or something."

Jhaelvyll laughed quietly as she picked up Harry's books, "It is Longbottom actually, and you are not a muggleborn young lady. Now shall we got back to shopping or perhaps, the young master could get your Great Great Great Granddame to visit us at the inn before we continue, I am sure she is somewhere in the alley with the current scion of Longbottom."

The mother and father both stared at the self proclaimed drow, "But that is impossible, she would be well over a hundred and thirty if she still lived.", said the father.

Harry smiled at the young Malfoy, who had finished being in shock to politely whisper, "With good food and healthy habits, your daughter could live to be two hundred."

DeeDee nodded, "Baring another blood war, easily past that, the mundane have much healthier habits then wizards now in days." She lead the family to the counter, "Lets buy these books and sit at the tavern, I think we really could help each other a lot."

Harry held out his hand and rose the kneeling albino girl, he took her hand and rested it in the crook of his arm, walking the girl after the group.

The mother, curious at the possibility of meeting a long lost relative asked, "How so?"

Harry smiled, as he lead the Malfoy girl to the head of the group, placing her books beside Hermoine's to be added to the receipt, "Well first, let me get these for you, you can always repay me in Galleons or pounds later." Before the father could respond, Harry placed his hand on the counter, the Potter ring aglow,and pressed the ring to the receipt.

The clerk, seeing not only a Head of House sigil but that of Potter show on the receipt was over joyed that the magic of the receipt added the Noble and Ancient discount.

The mother noticing what happened to the prices stopped her husband and turned to DeeDee, "Yes, lets go to the inn and talk."

Harry smiled and buying three bottomless backpacks helped Hermione get her books into one, Astra's books in another and the books Jhaelvyll was carrying in the last, "Jhaelvyll, go find Lady Longbottom, ask her to attend House Potter at her earliest convenience in the back room. Also go find Lady Malfoy, tell her that the daughter of House Black is attending her Lord, I will make sure she has all her equipment at the cost of my own house... That should calm Lucius, wouldn't you think..."

Astra gasped, "My Lord is too kind..." She did not protest much and fell silent at a look from Harry.

Jhaelvyll bowed her head, "As you will Master." She moved away as soon as the group had left the store.

#
Jhaelvyll stopped her motion as she saw the Longbottoms about to enter Slugs and Jiggers, "Lady Longbottom, Lord Longbottom, my Master requests your presence in the back room of the Leaky Cauldron."

Augusta Longbottom stepped in front of Neville, "Why should we treat with your so called Master, Drow!", came from the lips of the old woman.

Jhaelvyll showed Augusta the inside of her right wrist, "Would you be the first Longbottom, born or married to ignore the request of the Lord Potter, Augusta McArthur Longbottom? Truly you wish me to go back to him and say you will not come?"

Neville was raised as the Scion he is, even if it was believed his magic was just above squib, hearing the words and seeing the crest of Potter on the dark elf's wrist, he spoke up, still scared of his grandmother, but even so he had to ask, "Harry sent you? I thought he didn't know anything about us, we couldn't find him."

Jhaelvyll smiled and bowed her head then looked at the young Lord Longbottom, "What Dumbledore believes and what is truth are often not the same. I give you my word as seneschal of house Potter, no harm shall come to thee and yours, it is Harry the Lord Potter et al., that calls you to him. How does the House Longbottom answer?" There was a pulse of magic has Jhaelvyll spoke.

Augusta started suddenly and answered automatically, "We will attend our liege. Tell him we will be with him presently. We remember the old ways, the true ways and will not forsake that which has served so long and well."

Jhaelvyll bowed lightly, "As you say, so it will be told, Farewell and see you soon House Longbottom."

Neville looked at his grandmother, "What did she do with her magic, and how did she do that without a wand?"

Augusta blinked and looked at her grandson, "The healers must be wrong, if they aren't there would be no way for you to notice that." She smiled, sometimes the old magicks work better and show more then the modern, maybe he isn't a near squib after all. Either way he is her grandson and she will prepare him as best she could, especially if the old ways are returning, that Neville dear was a seneschal's oath bond, very old magic that is out of favor now, after all how many families are trusting enough and great enough to have seneschals and not just a house elf or two. That drow is so bound to Harry Potter that, she speaks his will and magic answers. A magic thought lost through these last two wizard wars". She put her hand on Neville's shoulder, "Come grandson, let us see what the Lord Potter has need of."

#
Draco had calmed by the time he had found his parents at the outer edge of Knockturn Alley. He was finally starting to tell his father the story of meeting the mudblood and the Blood Traitor Lord with the Drow Elf when a female voice interrupted, "Apologizes Master Draco, but I believe your tale can wait, Jhaelvyll lowered her hood, so the elven ears were not hidden, she bowed to Narcissa, "Young Lady Black-Malfoy is attending her Lord, the Master said he will make sure she has all needed items before she returns home."

Lucius Malfoy was about to interfere when Jhaelvyll stared him down, "The Young Master is paying from his own account Master Lucius, I am sure you have no issue with this."

Lucius growled, "I am LORD Malfoy, and will be addressed as such." Narcissa stayed out of it, something told her she wouldn't need to risk her husband's anger this time. "And until the freak daughter of my house is married, I am her Lord and Master not whomever it is you service elf."

Jhaelvyll grabbed Lucius by the throat and lifted him up off his feet, "Listen well little Lording, when your house were a bunch of shepherds and pirates raping anything female they could find, my Master's blood ruled these isles as Magical Duke. My Master himself, by his own deed, is GoblinFriend, a word from him and the Malfoy accounts will close, your head will be on a pike, your son fatherless and your wife chattel, and your so called 'freak' daughter still in his service." The blood haired drow snarled, "I actually find it amazing that your son is more intelligent then you. He at least called me Drow, must be something coming from his Black Blood."

Lucius went for his cane and struck at Jhaelvyll. The drow grabbed the cane and pulled it from the human's grasp.

"Go home Master Lucius, you play the game above your station. Let the Lady Malfoy-Black finish the shopping for her son. Go home."

Lucius spat in the face of the drow, "I am a grown man of noble birth and title." He hissed, "And i will kill you for addressing me as a youth."

Jhaelvyll laughed in the man's face. "You are just a boy pretending to be his great grandfather." She leaned in and hissed though still in english, "Your Ancestor earned his place, with his own deeds and his own sacrifice, never think he was a Wizard of the Light, he was as dark as they come, but he knew the old ways. For this he was honored and respected." Jhaelvyll turned away from the man and bowed lightly to Narcissa, "Lady Malfoy-Black, your daughter has found favor with a true Lord, by his blood, by his magic, by his own deeds." She smiled lightly, "The girl is lucky to find him now, when they are young. Be happy for her, and expect her home safe in a week's time." The drow looked at Lucius, "Your husband needs to calm down, if he endangers her, the goblins will take his life."

Draco stayed behind his mother, this drow was surprisingly courteous to his mother, and the boy was wise enough to use this fact. He stood back and learned.

Narcissa blinked, "That is twice you said the goblins would act, how did this boy around the age of my children earn such."

Jhaelvyll smiled and bowed deep, "Finally an intelligent mind. By their own laws in the Arena. If you need to reach your daughter before she returns, go to Gringotts and tell the teller you need to reach your daughter. Reign in your husband and your son, if they harm one the Master favors it will be the Old Ways they face, not the Ministry."

Narcissa gasped as it finally made sense to her, before she can ask or say anything more to the drow, the dark elf was gone with only a whispered, "Teach them the Old Ways or they will be lost... You taught her well."

#

Harry and Hermione were chatting away as only bookworms could, Astra with a small smile keep her head down in the presence of Harry, yet even so she did speak softly, joining the debate over the different versions of the Boy-Who-Lived Story, while DeeDee and the Grangers looked on, speaking quietly among themselves, when Harry suddenly looked up, "How did the Ladies Longbottom and Malfoy answer JhaelvyllS?"

A soft singsong voice whispered out of the shadows behind Harry as Jhaelvyll appeared kneeling and seated on her heels, "House Longbottom remembers, and will be here soon." She tossed Lucius's cane at Harry's feet, "As for the Malfoy, the scion was intelligent and did not act. The father is a fool, who has forgotten all his ancestor learned." She looked Astra in the eyes, "You will bring your father's wand back to him in a week's time, when you return to his house." The drow bowed to her master, "I hope the Lady Black-Malfoy will refresh those teachings my Master, I doubt the young lady wishes to be fatherless."

Harry nodded and went back to his research only to find that both girls were staring at Jhaelvyll, with a sigh, he stage whispered, "Just ignore her, she is probably doing it to ruffle your feathers."

Jhaelvyll giggled but did not rise, after all it was a comfortable position and she could act to protect Harry before anyone entering could notice her, unless they had mage sight, of course.

Hermione's mother shook her head, "Look she may be everything you said, but I still think she is acting slavish, and my daughter agrees."

Hermione's father sighed, "The weak belong to the strong." At his wife's stare he tried to explain.

DeeDee nodded, "Amelia, Daniel is correct, that is the drow way." She looked around the room, "Outside of myself, Harry is the most magically powerful being in this room, probably the city."

Amelia, growled softly, "That is the most backwards system..."

DeeDee shook her head, "No it isn't. Not really, the modern system you grew up with cares for money, rather then warrior strength, lets be honest with ourselves, even with all the checks and balances, the rich get away with a lot. The Wizardry world just doesn't do as good a job hiding it, or maybe is more honest with itself." The semi-disguised Death smiled slightly, "Lets leave that be for now, and talk more about the ways Harry wants to help you if you are willing to help him in the mundane world."

The adults return to speaking of many things as the children continue researching about Harry in their books. The whole time Jhaelvyll remains seated at Harry's feet watchful.

There is a knock at the door and suddenly Jhaelvyll was there, she opened the door, "Master, may I present, Neville Lord Longbottom, and his Grandmother, Lady Augusta McArthur Longbottom."

Harry stood and walked up to Neville, he reached out his arm, "I greet you as Potter greeting Longbottom, brothers in arms and in blood for longer then the Ministry has stood."

Neville knew the words, after all he was raised in the old ways by those members of the house that still lived. He took a deep breath and releasing it, held out his arm to clasp Harry's, "I greet you Potter, Mage Lord of the Isle. Friend and Brother for as long as my blood has flowed. From the first Longbottom 'til I."

Harry smiled and pulled Neville into a hug, "Come sit with us, god-brother." He eyes sparkled, "I just have to greet your grandmother, and then we can deal with the formal reasons I called."

Astra stood from her seat and sat on her heels at the side of Harry's chair. Hermione was about to yell at the girl when the albino Malfoy shook her head and mouthed, "Later, I promise." With a sigh the bushy haired girl nodded and whispered, "You better, I am so confused."

Hermione's parents looked at DeeDee, they weren't very clear on what was happening but understood it was some sort of archaic ritual, so held their peace for now.

Harry bowed to the dowager Longbottom, "Lady Longbottom, might I ask, would your find it a service, to find that members of your bloodline are regaining the Magic." Harry then looked at Neville who had not yet moved as he was staring at the albino girl. There was only one albino girl known to exist in the current families. The young lord Longbottom was curious why a Malfoy would kneel, especially at the chair he was sure Harry had been seated at before they where announced by the drow elf. Harry suddenly spoke aloud, "DeeDee, Jhaelvyll, does my sight fail me?"

Both the drow and the disguised Death look where Harry was looking, it was the Endless that spoke though, "His magic is blocked, this must be dealt with and documented!" She then stood and spoke, "Everyone stand up, collect your things, we are moving via Portal now. All will be explained at Gringotts, I give you my word." An Endless had spoken and even Augusta Longbottom obeyed, soon the whole group appeared between the sets of doors at Gringotts private entrance for Goblin Friends, and again DeeDee was nowhere in sight.
#
Before any of the adults could act, the inner guards stood at attention and stuck their halberds to the stone floor, "Hail Elghinnz'hins", they intoned in their own language.

Harry stuck his chest and swung his sword arm in a salute, "Find me a daughter of my clan... I need the action of the Horde quickly.", was spoken in the tongue of the Horde.

Augusta, Neville, and Astra gasped, not only because a human boy, lord he might be, but still a boy spoke what was clear to them to be a form of the language of goblins, but one of the guards ran into the doors called something out in the goblin tongue and then returned to his post.

Before any of the pureblood could act or question, Jhaelvyll spoke, "Be still all, of us all only Harry has rank here, and it is by his presence that we witness history." The Grangers nodded, clearly something was happening here. The Longbottoms stood still, Gringotts was Goblin territory and here even the Lady Longbottom knew her limit.

Astra was the only one move, and even so it was not much, she had moved through that glowing doorway behind Harry on his left side. All the young albino pureblood did was sink to her knees at Harry's side.

Her name was Moonlight, unlike her older sisters, she had the desire and talent for banking, while her gender would have kept her from being a teller or page. Her desire and skill may have allowed her to rise to the level of account master for a Wizard house, if one was found that would allow for a female goblin to serve as such. Then it happened, her clan betrayed a human they should not have betrayed. She and all of her family thought that the clan was lost. She was there before the Lords of Gringotts with her grandmother when the new Clan Lord spoke his judgement. It now fell to her. She was Account Master for Elghinnz'hins, the banker of Clan Death Bird. Now Elghinnz'hins had returned and called for her. She called for those of her younger sisters that served under her and quickly walked to the private entrance to the bank.

The humans with Harry watched in shock as a squad of female goblins, beautiful in their own way came through that doors, none of them had seen a female goblin before. The one who was clearly eldest of the squad stepped forward and looked at them, finding only younglings, very few human adults and the drow, she then seemed to decide something and placing her palms out to her sides bowed deeply to Harry, then spoke in very clear english with a pleasant tone, "I am Moonlight of the Death Bird. How may your clan serve ClanLord?"

The Longbottoms gasped but did not move, while Astra simply looked up at Harry from her kneeling position at his feet and decided her fate, Hermione may get mad at her, but it was better to lose a possible friend now, rather then later, or act too late. The young albino pureblood bowed her head more and moved it under Harry's left hand, even though doing so made her get on all fours on the stone floor. Between their own intelligence and Jhaelvyll's warning all the Grangers decided to learn more before acting, though Hermione stared at Astra even more confused.

Harry nodded to Moonlight, as she spoke english, he spoke in it as well, as he spoke his hand found Astra's hair and he softly stroked her head, "I need a conference room, the services of a skilled sorcerer and Master BearClaw, if he is available.

Moonlight nodded as she rose from her bow, "It shall be." She quickly sent a number of her pages ahead to make the needed arrangements, speaking quickly to them in their native language. She then turned back to Harry and his group, "While we wait ClanLord, who enters Gringotts with you this day, I only know yourself, Jhaelvyll Arabate, your senschael and recognize the albino at your feet, I find it odd that the daughter of Malfoy is here most of all."

Harry went by age, "This is the Lady Longbottom, these are the Doctors Granger, a type of mundane healers."

Moonlight politely nodded each adult as they were introduced, "The title of Doctor is known to us goblins, and we welcome professionals who sacrificed so many years in training for their art in the honor due that sacrifice."

The adult Grangers returned the nods in equal politeness, pleased that here was a goblin that was treated them politely unlike the tellers earlier that morning.

Moonlight smiled without showing her teeth, pleased that these pair of humans where willing to see her as an equal.

Harry moved his right hand to Hermione's shoulder, "This young Witch is Hermione, the daughter of the Doctors Granger. Hermione curtsied to Moonlight as she was introduced, with a closed mouth grin the goblin female replied with a very deep curtsy of her own.

Harry put his right hand on Neville's shoulder, "This is Neville, the Longbottom of Longbottom. As soon as Harry removed his hand from Neville's shoulder, the scion of the House Longbottom bowed deeply to Moonlight, having seen the respect that the girl Hermione had received.

Moonlight knew that the form of the introduction meant and when the child-Lord of Longbottom did her the honor of a bow, she did not dare slight him, the Longbottom house had often married with the House of Potter. She curtsied very deeply almost to the level owed to royals and held it very a long time, "Gringotts welcomes the house most loyal to the Clan Potter, the service of your fore-bearers will not be forgotten. As a daughter of Potter I welcome the Lord Longbottom into my territory."

Augusta gasped and stared first at the goblin then at Harry. Before she could say anything Neville answered as the forms demanded, "As Longbottom, I thank you for your hospitality and acknowledge the honor of the daughters of Potter to welcome me such."

Moonlight bowed her head then rose from her curtsy. She smiled at Harry, "Elghinnz'hins, I notice you have neither introduced the female Malfoy, nor explained why she is here. Honored Lord, with respect I must ask again, before we may move on."

Harry tried to raise Astra, but the girl would not move from her place at his feet, with a sigh he spoke to her, "Astra get up, it is very hard to introduce you when, you are down there."

Astra did not dare to disobey Harry so was soon on her feet, she keep her head down and quietly spoke, "As my disease is rare even among the pureblood, I have no doubts how you know me. Know this goblin, I am his, and will do as he says even if he never claims me in total. Not my father's nor even my mother's. If I ever inherit from either bloodline, it will be he who inherits. All other claims on me by magic and blood fall to Him." Astra glowed like the moon for a few moments

Moonlight looked at Astra, "Best know this then little witch, if you betray him, goblins will feast on you if his drow leaves anything to be had." She then completely ignored Astra and smiled to Harry, "Come Elghinnz'hins and bring those who are yours, in which ever form they are thus." She lead the group into a conference room, "Please be seated so we may get to business."

While most of the people sat down, Astra and Jhaelvyll kept standing, the reason was easy. Harry having seen who was in the room had walked around the table and greeted both elder goblins with bows and in their own tongue. Only then did he move back and sit on the center chair. As soon as Harry sat Astra knelt at his feet, Hermione was about to say something but her mom grabbed her hand. Jhaelvyll just stood at Harry's shoulder with her arms crossed behind her.

Moonlight and her squad stood at one side of the table that had no chairs, in what Daniel Granger would call easily call Stand at Attention, this made he look at the so called drow who had her hood down again making it easy to see why the others called her drow, but was also standing at ease in a very military form. Before the military trained father could mention this to his family, the eldest goblin began speaking.

Lord Silver, nodded to Harry and spoke in the language of the humans, "Elghinnz'hins, why did you ask for a sorcerer to be present?"

Harry bowed lightly at the shoulders, "I apologize that you have been called Lord Silver, I requested a skilled sorcerer, not the supreme sorcerer for these Isles."

Lord Silver waved it off, "Stop worrying about that, how can the Horde be of aid?"

Harry sighed as the adults finally began to whisper behind him, Lady Longbottom explaining to the Grangers who this Lord Silver was and how immense an honor it was to be in the same room with him, for those humans that weren't bigots anyway.

Harry ignored them and kept speaking, "My sight is imperfect but I see oddities in the magic of the Grangers, and much clearer, a tight binding on young Longbottom." There both Longbottoms gasped and looked at each other, Harry took a breath and looked down at Astra, "Young Lady Malfoy's magic completely confuses me, I have no idea what I see there."

Lord Silver nodded, "I can help you understand what your Mage Sight is seeing Elghinnz'hins. The Grangers have a hereditary curse that has locked their magic away for a few generations, it has faded or broken with the young witch." He nodded to Hermione, "If you study hard and apply yourself, you will be among the most powerful of your race. I expect great things of any friend to Elghinnz'hins. There is nothing we can do for you directly, all of it your body and Magic have already done." He paused and looked at the elder Grangers, "Sadly, I cannot do anything for you, if you were children, perhaps, but as adults I am sorry. I can tell you this, left to natural causes you will both age well and living longer then is normal for a mundane."

Daniel and Amelia looked at each other and then smiled, they bowed at the shoulders and than thanked the goblin, happy that they will have a long time together with their family. They were of course over joyed that their daughter would not have a genetic quirk holding her ability back, as that was the only reference they mentally had for a hereditary curse.

Turning to Neville, Lord Silver waved his hand a few times and spoke in his native tongue, finally he spoke, "If Lord Longbottom and the Lady Longbottom could come to see me before the young Lord gets his wand, that would be grand, his magic is bound and it does not appear to have been done consciously by any wizard."

Lord Silver looked at Augusta, "My guess it was caused by any mixture of factors relating to that night. Please set a time with me today or tomorrow, I will need time with the two of you, with the presence of some of our healers." Here the sorcerer looked at Harry. "If the presence of Elghinnz'hins will ease your fears, he may come, but please keep it to a smaller group then what I face here today."

Augusta was shocked and asked, "How much will this cost the House Longbottom and when is the earliest this can be done." Neville just nodded too shocked and intimidated to speak.

Lord Silver looked at Harry, "The price depends on how you stand with Elghinnz'hins." Taking a breath the old goblin continued, "As for when, I will have the team assemble after this meeting if you would like, the procedure will take about two hours, so depending on what business stands with Master BearClaw, you may wish to send the rest of your group ahead."

Before Harry could answer the Amelia spoke up, "If we could spend that time waiting, speaking with a goblin, we would gladly wait...." Daniel shrugged and nodded while Hermione nodded with a look of joy on her face.

Harry nodded to the Grangers, he then looked at Neville. "Lord Silver, the House of Longbottom has long been brother to Potter. Our blood flows together. Let the costs be paid from the Clan Treasury, any debts will be between the Houses and Gringotts will not await its fee." Augusta was about to protest when she thought about it more. Her questions were quickly answered by Lord Silver.

The goblin sorcerer nodded, "So be it, the Clan of Death Bird pays to have a son of the clan cleansed of blockages. At goblin prices, get the team prepared, remind them this is work done for Elghinnz'hins and to fail is to face him in the Arena." A young goblin in sorcerer robes nodded and finished writing on his scroll. Placing the scroll at the left hand of his master the young goblin bowed and left. Lord Silver nodded to Harry, "Is that all you have need of me Elghinnz'hins?"

Harry stood and bowed, "Unless you can help me understand the young Lady Malfoy here, I believe our business is done. Thank you for your efforts you have done me and mine a great boon."

Lord Silver laughed, "Oh no, I can't help you with her, but she knows what is happening and that is between the two of you." He actually smiled at the albino girl who had not moved from her kneeling at Harry's feet this whole time. "Sometimes it happens like this with goblins as well. I wish you both well on this adventure." Bowing the sorcerer spoke with Lady Longbottom quietly for a few sentences and then left.
#

Master BearClaw wasn't quite as formal, once the higher ranked goblin had left he looked at Harry, "How can I help you Harry, I doubt it is the same questions, as we both know I am no sorcerer, but you asked for me directly."

Harry sat back down, "I want Hermione to be given the test, I know she will have to wait until she is thirteen to do anything of lasting effect, but... I don't believe she is muggleborn."

Master BearClaw nodded, this was his guess actually, "As it is Elghinnz'hins that asks, the fee will be a single galleon." He looked Harry in the eyes, "But you must teach her how to use the dagger, that is my price for not taking my portion of the fee."

The purebloods stared not believe that the test could be had at such a low fee, no pureblood would think twice about spending a galleon for such a test. But not one of them understood how such a offer could be earned.

Harry nodded and then spoke with the Grangers. In the end Hermione nodded and held out her right hand.

BearClaw did as he did with Harry early that morning. And it was with a smile that he spoke to the Grangers, he then looked at Augusta, "A direct daughter of your line, the House of McArthur has a direct heiress with no attachment. I will stay with these good people and make sure the heir allowance vault is reopened correctly." Seeing the pride and happiness in the old dowager's eyes, the goblin continued, "I would suggest going to do what you need with Lord Silver now, we will meet you with refreshments in my office when you are ready."

Augusta nodded her heart lighter then it had been in a very long time. For the first time she was happy she followed the old ways and went to see the Lord Potter when called. She had regained lost family and her Neville was not a squib, pox on those silly healers in Saint Mungo's. It appeared Harry Potter had better connections just be treating goblins as equals. Neville had come out of his shock enough to give his new cousin a hug and then to ask Harry if he would come along to this ritual.

Harry had nodded and after speaking with the females who seemed to have attached themselves to him, left with the Longbottoms.
#
Harry led the Longbottoms to BearClaw's office, as he opened the door for them Midnight came up to him carrying a case, "Elghinnz'hins, I have brought the Mithril bracelets and collars you have in the vaults here", she said softly in the language of the goblins.

Harry blinked and closed the door staying outside in the hall with Moonlight. He tilted his head and thought for a moment. He spoke in the language of the goblins, "Marks of Friendship and wand/weapon holsters? Am I correct?"

Moonlight bowed her head lightly, "For yourself, Lady McArthur, Lord Longbottom and your two bonded."

Harry blinked then his eyes widened, "That's what he meant, that is why you brought the collars as well? Do you think they would desire them?"

Moonlight grinned showing her teeth, "Trust me Elghinnz'hins, both the drow and the albino will be much more comfortable with the high end protection the collars add to the markers of the bracelets."

Harry shook his head and sighed, "I will trust your judgement Moonlight, lets go in." He opened the door and had the female goblin precede him into the office.

BearClaw looked up and bowed his head, "Welcome back Elghinnz'hins, Master of Death Bird, is there any other way I can be of service today?"

Harry smiled and nodded, "I would like you to witness a gift presentation between Houses, if you have the time Master BearClaw."

The old goblin nodded and watched as Harry had Moonlight place the chest on his desk and open it. Harry turned to Neville first, "Neville in acknowledgement of generations of alliance, and knowing that we go into territory that is not the most cooperative for our houses." Here Harry holds out a mithril wrist band, "May this remind you that you are a brother to me. May it keep your wand safe and hidden from hostile and friendly eyes."

Neville sliding his robe sleeve up, place what he thought was an enchanted silver wand hostler on his left wrist. Where the mithril shifted and resized, then on the outer wrist appeared a reversed engraving of an ancient oak with a badger denning in the roots, under the den held in the badger's fore paws a banner with the motto : cyclus libratum (The Cycle Balanced). Neville seeing this walked up to Harry and hugged him, "Thank you Harry, we have so few items I can wear to remind me".

Harry patted Neville on the back and waited until he was released, he then walked up to Hermione and handed her the same kind of wrist band, as the young heiress closed the mithril around her left wrist, it reformed to show a seal engraving showing a raven seated on a grimore a wand in her beak, and on the spine of the grimore the motto : Ex Cognitione Partum (From Knowledge Create). It took her mother only a moment to process the seal and read the motto in the correct order, she smiled, "Very fitting my dear, "From Knowledge Create... I approve, very much a motto for you."

Augusta stared at both gifts and tried not to shout, "That is the Longbottom Seal and the other the McArtur, I don't remember if those are the family mottos or a reaction to your magics, but know that these are priceless gifts that will be of great benefit to you in polite society both of you."

BearClaw laughed, "It is more then that Lady Longbottom but I will allow young Harry finish before I explain."

Harry smiled and walking to Astra raised her to her feet, he then whispered to the albino girl for a bit of time, causing the young albino to blush red, she does nod very clearly at the end and holds up her left wrist. As Harry seals the bracelet, a seal appears on both the outer and inner sides. On the outer side a silver grim rests on a bed of bones, the motto Semper Domáre (Forever Pure) on the inside of her arm appeared a relief of a castle with a phoenix flared around it, In the beak of the phoenix a banner with the motto :Nos ambulate aut cinereum - Mors est sanguinis ad nos ( We walk the grey - Death is blood to us). Luckily nobody but, Harry and Astra noticed that one.

Harry then moved to Jhealvyll and handed her a set of bands, the drow smiled, "Thank you Master, I will make sure to transfer my weapons to them." As the Potter Coat appeared when the drow put it on, everyone moved to watch as Harry put his own on, a castle appeared with a phoenix flared behind it and before it a griffin stands rampant. Above the castle flew the motto Audaces Fortuna Iuvat (Fortune Favors the Bold), reversed in the style of a seal to be used.

Harry then looked in the chest and back at the drow and albino, the girl looked at the drow woman and getting a nod from the half vampire, Astra walked forward to Harry, she knelt on both knees and lifted her white hair up and away.

Harry looked down at Astra, "Are you sure?"

Astra lifted her chin in pride and in a clear voice said, "It is the best protection you can offer me My Lord, save marriage. Not even my father would dare harm me if you allow this."

Augusta blinked then nodded, "So Lucius is what many of us always believed", she walked up to Harry and put her hand on his shoulder, "The girl speaks truth, you gave her a priceless gift, and her father will try to claim it. Complete the gift, you can always change your mind later if you want to marry her."

Harry nodded to the elder dame and lifted a band that is much to long for a wrist band. He wrapped it around Astra's neck, there was a flare of light and suddenly at Astra's throat rests the crest of the Potters with the motto : Aeterna Servitii Aeterno Fidelis (Eternal Service Eternally Faithful). Harry touched the crest and it flowed to reform as the Eye of Horus like the mark his own eye bears, the motto remained. "There better, I rather then have to kill Lucius after all."

Astra looked at Hermione and Neville a question in her glaze. It is Neville that answered, "It was the Potter crest before, I don't know how he got it to change though, its now an Eye of Horus. I can't read the latin though." Hermione just shook her head, "I have to teach you about feminism don't I. Wizard culture is still backwards."

Harry laughed, "I doubt she will listen, trust me, she chose this way." He pulled Astra to her feet and hugged the girl before moving back to the chest, he pulled out another collar band and turned, before he was able to walk to her, Jhaelvyll was kneeling at his feet, her hair up. Harry placed the collar on her throat but left the Potter crest in place. The motto was simply ipsius aeternitatem.

Shaking his head Harry grabbed two bracelets and called Moonlight over, the young goblin female walked over to him, confused. He snapped the bracelets on her wrists and fixed her sleeves so the other did not see the crest of the Death Bird with the Horus Eye on the mithril. He then closed the chest and gave it back to her. Moonlight bowed her head and took three steps back from Harry before turning and walking back to her squad, she then handed the chest to one of the younger females.

BearClaw clapped and laughed, "No more Mithril to give out then Harry?" When he got a blushing shake of head from Harry, BearClaw looked at the young people who received the gifts, "You relieved Mithril what wizards call Living Silver, it is very rare, the amount in just one bracelet is worth more then the Longbottom Manor." He lifted his hand when it appeared Lady Longbottom was about to protest. "Wear them with pride, the value in protective magic I can see on them, is worth much more then the value of them in the your vaults." He then grinned without showing his teeth, "The best in Gringotts view of course, is if you use them as Seals, they give the same discount as the Family Ring does, something most useful to young Lord Longbottom and young Lady Granger-McArthur." The old goblin chuckled, "Now off you go, go transact some gold." He waved his hands in a shoo motion.

#

The group stepped out main doors of the bank, chatting among themselves as Harry stepped off the stairs, Dee walked up. As she walked past Astra, she handed the girl a bottomless backpack, "As you bound yourself young lady, I grabbed you the rest of the first year books plus the supplementary potions text, any extras you can borrow from your Lord or the Lady Hermione." Without waiting DeeDee walked up to the dowager Longbottom, and handed her a box, "Neville's book list and the extra potions text that Snape only tells Slythrins to buy. We can settle costs later, nothing to worry over."

The embodiment of Death then interjected herself into the adult conversion as Harry began to lead the group toward the potions supply stores. He kept talking to Neville even as he reached out and caught Astra's hand, rather then holding her hand though, he slid it under his arm, the young albino blushed but moved closer to Harry. Harry opened the door and let most to the group move into the shop, Astra refused to go in without him, and he didn't push her, instead he put his right hand on Jhaelvyll's arm as the drow was about to enter.

Jhaelvyll stopped and looked at Harry, looking from him to Astra and back, she spoke in her native tongue, "Do you need something Master?"

While Astra looked confused, the smile Harry gave Jhaelvyll told the drow that she chose correctly, he answered in the same language, "Go to the trunk store, get four high end trunks, security, library and wardrobe functions." Harry looked into the potion supply stores, "Come find me after you have them, we will probably still be fighting through for the supplies in one of these stores."

Jhaelvyll nodded and answered, "Four Master?" It was clear she didn't understand why he was spending so many galleons.

Harry nodded, "I have two bonded, the mundane wouldn't buy one, mostly because they don't know such a thing exists."

Jhaelvyll smiled, "You are too kind Master, I do not need such a full blown trunk for myself, I do know what to get you and will make sure the girls have something that fulfills your request." The drow wondered if Harry was being super nice or just controlling, he could be both at once as his relationship with Hermione was forming into a friendship of equals while Astra was clearly submissive to him. With a chuckle the drow bowed, "I will be off then Master."

Harry nodded with a smile, reopening the door to the shop and lead Astra in. Two hours later the group was leaving the potions shops their arms loaded down with boxes, when Jhaelvyll walked up with three trunks walking behind her, the largest one bore the Potter crest, the other two had either the Granger and McArthur Crests or the Black crest. Jhaelvyll quickly helped Harry and then the girls to bond with their new trunks. She then helped them put their boxes away.

Augusta spoke to the Grangers explaining about the capabilities of Magic Trunks, she was very careful to not mention the costs of such a high end trunk as she figured Harry could afford to spoil his friends after the mithril bands.

It was getting close to dinner time by the time the group was leaving the wand maker. With plans to go to Harrods over Christmas break the adults split off to go home with their families. In the end Harry, Jhaelvyll, Astra and DeeDee were saying good bye to the Grangers then walked into an alley and stepped through a portal DeeDee created.
#
Sign up to rate and review this story