Categories > Original > Fantasy > Danielle and the Time Bender

Prologue

by scooterbug8515 0 reviews

Greene Academy is your average school like any other. Yet some can't help but get the feeling that there is something peculiar about Greene Academy.Danielle will soon find out what causes Greene Ac...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy, Sci-fi - Published: 2006-07-27 - Updated: 2006-07-28 - 762 words

0Unrated
Greene Academy is your average school like any other. You can find classrooms where subjects such as math, language, history and science are taught, a cafeteria with questionable food and school offices. Something you find in every other school across America. Yet some can't help but get the feeling that there is something peculiar about Greene Academy. Is it that the school seems to attract a lot of what could be termed as weirdoes? It could possibly be Mr. Turpin the math teacher who seems to have his own agenda aside from teaching math. Who knows exactly what it is, all that is known is that there is something that causes it to seem ever so slightly off the mark.

Danielle will soon find out what causes Greene Academy to seem ever so off the mark, and what makes her life so different from everyone else's. Unfortunately for Danielle, she doesn't know this yet, she is currently attending Mt. Juliet High, which is like every other school, nothing makes this school seem off. Mt, Juliet High is walking distance from the apartment complex that Danielle and her dad live in.

Danielle had lost her mother when she was 8 years old, back when she lived in Florida. Her dad not being able to handle living in the city where his wife died, decided to move to Tennessee where relatives of his lived. Danielle's aunts, her mother's sisters, opposed this move but there was nothing stopping her dad.

Mt. Juliet was a rather quiet town, and Danielle liked it that way. She knew that that was soon going to change. More and more people where traveling through her small town to get else where. Business men saw this as a possible financial opportunity. This sparked the building of a theater, a Starbucks, multiple restaurants, and a Kroger grocery store all at once. There were all ready a number of gas stations in existence, so there seemed to be no worry of more coming in, at least for now. Though Danielle did not care for these imanate changes she knew there was nothing she could do about it and attempted to accept the changes as they came.

Danielle was a very tolerant girl but when she heard the news that she was... I am getting ahead of my self, this is no way to start. As the saying goes, one must start at the beginning and Danielle finding out about her gift is no way the beginning. Not to worry, I will not start you from Danielle's birth and work you though her many mundane years up to her fourteenth year, I will just start back where things begin to get interesting in her life.

It started on a sunny day, a Friday to be exact. The school year had just started for Danielle, so summer still lingered in the air as she walked home. Danielle looked forward to getting out of her school cloths and jumping into her bathing suit for a nice swim in the pool. (This was not to happen though for reasons you will soon see.) This Friday afternoon was not a scorcher, like it had been for most of the summer. This day was a comfortably warm day with just a slight wind. This wind almost seemed to speak the word change. It was like a gentle warning saying, Things aren't going to be as they are, say goodbye to warm sunny days for they will soon be gone. The bite of winter is coming, be prepared. Little did Danielle know that the wind contained more in its message for her than everyone else, saying, Be prepared young Danielle, things are changing more for you than anyone else. Soon life will not be as it is but something new. Yet Danielle did not hear the wind's kind warning, life was too good to concern herself with change.

It is here that Danielle's story truly begins. So turn the page and find what changes lay before her. That is if you are the daring sort and fantastical mystery intrigues you. If you are not then I recommend something else to read, perhaps a historical fiction, or realistic novel? For this story is not of that sort. It is a story of fantastical events, a story of mystery and intrigue. If this is not your type of story you can stop reading here. If I have your ear and this is you your kind of story, then I must ask: What are you waiting for? Turn the page! On with the story!
Sign up to rate and review this story