Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Living Dead

Background

by farfromhere 0 reviews

Introduction to the duo

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2013-01-19 - Updated: 2013-01-20 - 628 words

1Ambiance
(Amber's POV)

I looked down to see a cockroach scurrying towards the kitchen, the blasted thing was almost the size of my fist. I almost felt the urge to do something about it, maybe take a shot at cleaning this god forsaken apartment or atleast dispose of the bug in some conventional way. My body refused to let me move though.

You would think you would have lots of time to think and reflect when you're not able to let yourself sleep, I though spent most of my time not thinking of anything at all. Jargon really just passed through my head and small thoughts about the changes in environment. I constantly couldn't tell the difference between reality and my dreams, I usually didn't talk much, even at my janitorial job, due to my acknowledgement of this.

I've been awake for the past 38 hours. My body was too heavy to function properly. My eyelids were heavy but I wasn't about to let the nightmares ensue. I needed to stay awake. I needed to fight off the desire to sleep. I slumped my head to my right shoulder. I looked over on the couch to eye Frank, my roommate.

His black hair was greasy but brushed back, facial hair was thin but noticeable, his jaw line still distinct, and his eyes we're drooping but quite a bright shade of hazel. He was handsome, but yet also so distant. We got along well this way, we didn't involve ourselves deeply in each other's lives. We both split and paid the bills and that's all what mattered. Our disorders were never fully addressed, therefore we were perfect living under this roof.

He was currently burning some sort of strange orange liquid under a spoon with a lighter. I just watched in silence. The flame flickered a few times before the light gave out.

"Fuck!" He screamed throwing the lighter down along with his materials on the coffee table in front of us. He put his head in his lap and held on tight to his hair in frustration. I just sighed and looked in front of me.

"I think I have a lighter in my room, I'll go look for it." I said as I attempted to get off the couch. I fell back at first but tried one more time. My body was so fucking heavy, I felt the entire weight of it, all 120 pounds with every step I made towards my room.

I searched the top of my dresser and found a working red bic sticking right out. I tried to heave my body back to the spot I was in. I found myself clutching onto the wall for some support until I made it back to my position on the couch. "Here." I said giving him the light. My eyelids we're fluttering closed but I needed to hang tough.

He looked up at me and sighed, "Thank you, Amber." I just nodded and thought maybe if I spoke more, I could continue to stay awake. "What is it that you're doing?" I questioned innocently. "I haven't seen you do anything like this before."

I wasn't involved in the drug scene at all, once or twice Frank tried to give me uppers to stay up late but the crash was never worth it. It just caused me to fall asleep faster and unintentionally once the high was over. But I really had no idea what he was doing half the time. I just adjusted and accepted it. I went to a Catholic school all my life and never was exposed to the true drug scene as a teenager so I was very perplexed by the multiple chemicals he exposed the inside of his body to.

"Heroin." He said blankly.
Sign up to rate and review this story