Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 9 > A Father and Daughters Journey

Zane

by KasashiMaru 0 reviews

Someone evil is back and we know him well...

Category: Final Fantasy 9 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Characters: Adelbert Steiner, Amarant Coral, Baku, Beatrix, Blank, Cinna, Doctor Tot, Eiko Carol, Freya Crescent, Garland, Garnet Til Alexandros, Hilda, Kuja, Marcus, Mikoto, Quina Quen, Regent Cid, Ruby, Sir Fratley, Vivi Ornitier, Zidane Tribal - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2006-07-28 - Updated: 2006-07-28 - 1577 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2: Zane
A year past and as promised Diane and Zane were trained to be bandits. It was once again Diane's birthday and she was having a ball, which entertained the snob sisters. Zidane didn't like the attention and tried to escape many times, but was caught by no other than Steiner and an irritated Sally, who felt the same way.

Diane was dancing with a finely dressed, Jupiter, but she was looking around for her brother. He disappeared before the dance actually started.

"He's probably hiding from the ball. Just like how your father is trying to escape." Jupiter calmed twirling his fiancée. He looked at his father and smiled in triumph.

"But that's not the point. I'm just worried about him. He never disappears during my parties." Diane said in a worried tone. They noticed her Father who was being dragged to the dance floor by Garnet. Diane looked at Jupiter and dragged him over to her parents.

"I don't dance, Garnet!" Zidane yelled as he struggled to get lose from Garnets iron grip. He noticed Diane smiled proudly at her.

"It'll keep you from escaping." Garnet growled pulling him closer. Zidane groaned and continued to fight.

"Do you know where Zane is?" Diane asked as Zidane broke free.

"I'll go find him!" Zidane said running off. Garnet sighed heavily and turned to her daughter, who was smiling innocently.

"I almost had him." She said in aggravation.

In the main hall Zidane was looking for Zane in the libraries. He finely found the little prince hiding reading a book in one of the hidden desks. He walked over and closed the book. Zane looked up at him and yawned.

"It was just getting interesting, Father." Zane complained rubbing his eyes.

"It's your sisters birthday, why are you in the library? You never hide during Diane's parties." Zidane asked picking Zane up.

"I have a feeling that Jupiter thinks I'm with Diane too much, and he hates me." Zane said clinging to his father.

"He doesn't hate you, he is just annoyed. He wants to be alone with your sister." Zidane said walking out of the library.

"You mean they want to do grown up stuff?" Zane asked innocently.

"You have the idea." Zidane giggled as they left the library.

On the way, Zane asked his father to carry him. Zidane gladly did this. Eventually, they entered the ball room.

Diane saw her father enter the room. Her eyes lit up when she saw who he was carrying. "Zaney!" Diane yelled running up to hug her brother. She left Jupiter on the dance floor, much to his annoyance.

Zane smiled as he saw his sister approach him. "Let's dance Sissy!" Zane said hopping out his fathers arms. Diane smiled at her little brother.

"Ok." She turned to Jupiter, "Jupiter keep my father occupied." Diane ordered as Zane pulled her to the middle of the room to start dancing.

"Why does that kid always get in my way?" said Jupiter. Zidane smiled, and placed a hand on Jupiter's shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. She cares about you, man." Jupiter still didn't look pleased.

"I just wish that kid would piss off, and give Diane and me some time alone."

Zidane's eyes narrowed. "Hey watch it. That's my son you're talking about."

Jupiter sighed, "Sorry, he just...he just really gets on my nerves sometimes."

Zidane nodded "I know, but like I said, don't worry about IT!" he yelled, as he felt someone grab his tail. He turned his head and came face-to-face with Dagger. She smiled triumphantly.
"Gotcha, now let's dance." Dagger dragged Zidane onto the dance floor, much to his displeasure. Jupiter chuckled.
"I hope Diane never does that to me."

After the ball, Diane and Jupiter were in their room getting ready for bed.

"Well, it was a great party. Didn't you think so Jupiter?" She turned to her fiancé.

"It would've been better if your brother had given us some more 'alone' time." He said, as he put his night shirt on. Diane narrowed her eyes, and put her night gown on.

"Don't pick on Zane." He turned to her.

"Why do you have to always have him around? WE barely get any time together, and even when we are alone; you're always worrying about him. I'm getting pretty annoyed by this." Diane looked angry.

"I won't let you talk about my brother like that. This discussion is over." She turned away from him. Jupiter sighed, walked up to her, and wrapped his arms around her waist. He placed his chin on her right shoulder and spoke.

"I'm sorry, look I don't hate your brother. I just wish he'd give us some more time to ourselves, and I also wish you'd stop worrying about him so much. It's sweet and all, but he needs to learn to rely on himself, and stop depending on others so much"Diane raised her hand up, and slowly stroked Jupiter's cheek.

She spoke. "I care about him, Jupiter. I'd do anything for him."

"Don't you care about me?" he asked.

She turned to look at him. "Of course I care about you. I never would've agreed to marry you if I didn't!"

Jupiter smiled, "Do you love me?"

Diane smiled, "You know I do"

That's when Jupiter pulled her closer to him, and kissed her. She returned the kiss with equal passion. The two of them fell on top of the bed, and continued making out. Jupiter ended up being on top of her. Eventually, they parted.

Diane smiled, "Does that answer satisfy you enough?" He nodded. She kissed him again, and spoke. "We should probably get to bed." He nodded, and rolled off of her. The two of them settled down to go to sleep.

Fifteen minutes passed, and both of them were half asleep. That's when they heard someone scream. Diane realized that it was Zane. Diane got up and instinctively grabbed her robe and went to the door.

"He will be fine, he just had a nightmare. He needs to learn to get some courage." Jupiter said looking at her.

"He has courage, but consoling means someone cares." Diane unlocked the door.

"Just wait. He'll quiet down in a second," Jupiter said. A few seconds past and Zane suddenly stopped, Jupiter smiled, "see."

"I don't care I'm still checking on him." Diane said storming out of the room. Jupiter got up and quickly followed her. They arrived at Zane's room and threw the doors open.

Diane's eyes darted over to Zane's bed. He wasn't there. Panic went through Diane. She immediately scanned the room. That's when her eyes fell on a dark figure who was standing in the room, right by the window.
The figure was tall and wore black armor as well as a black cape. Diane couldn't believe who she was seeing. Her father and mother told her about this guy, but he's supposed to be dead. It was Garland.
That's when Diane noticed who Garland had in his arms. It was Zane. Zane wasn't moving. Diane let out a scream and called for her father. Jupiter charged at Garland and was simply thrown back into Diane. They got knocked back into the wall.

Zidane heard the scream, and came running in with Steiner and Sally. Zidane stopped when he saw who was in the room. He growled and drew his dual bladed sword, the Ultima weapon.

"You're supposed to be dead, Garland!" Zidane yelled charging.

Garland held Zane up. "Do you want to hurt your precious son? If you do, keep charging, I'll just use him as a shield." Garland threatened stopping Zidane mid-charge.

"Put him down, he is not part of this, and he never was." Zidane demanded putting down the Ultima weapon.

"Oh I believe he is, my angel of death. If you want him back, meet me at Mt. Gulug and prepare to fight for him." Garland said extending his hand. In a flash of light he disappeared.

Zidane just stared out the window, while Sally and Steiner helped Jupiter and Diane up. Diane looked at her father, who was now screaming "Zane" over and over.

Diane was distraught. Her brother had just been abducted by a man everyone thought was dead, and she didn't know what he wanted Zane for. She started to cry. Jupiter bent down and hugged her close to him. Sally looked at them for a minute, and turned to Zidane.

"We'll help get him back, healthy and unharmed, your majesty." Sally promised as her father looked at her in surprise.

"Me too. I don't necessarily like the twerp, but if Diane cares so much for him, I might as well suck up my jealousy and help also." Jupiter sighed, hugging Diane.

Zidane immediately took action. "Alright, we set out in the morning. Jupiter, Sally you two are coming with me." He turned to Diane. "Diane, you're coming with me as well." He turned to Steiner. "Steiner prepare the Invincible for lift off in...Three hours." Zidane ordered leaving the room.

"Come Diane we must prepare." Sally advised Diane.

Diane looked to her brother's bed, and stopped crying. She knew she had to get Zane back. Her thoughts turned to Garland, and what she'd do to him when she found him. She left the room to change into her bandit cloths.

"Your dead, Garland, your dead." Diane threatened silently while walking to her room.
Sign up to rate and review this story