Categories > Original > Romance > Chimera

Enjoying the hobby

by Kristia 0 reviews

When you enjoy something, the time goes flying

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2013-01-20 - Updated: 2013-01-21 - 676 words

0Unrated
Chapter 8
Enjoying the hobby

With the news of being tracked by the angels Diana and Karou had to stay inside the building, Diana was cleaning her crossbow and arrows because of the battle she had with the other chimera and Karou was rather impressed with many things. "What is this? the creature asked looking at a large book in the bookcase That´s the book of Palaven The human answered. "It is very different from what we know of your kingdom" the wolf said reading the book. Then the human
looked at her "Wait.. you can read our language?. "I do, understanding other species is one of my specialities as a scholar". Karou said kind of embarrased and continued reading the book

Karou was so deep reading the story of the kingdom of Palaven, it was made of many stories from the many legends and adventures of the travelers through the centuries. "It is fascinating" she thought while passing through the pages. Then she found a red bookmark on the middle of the story. The date was from when the humans met the chimeras for the first time, it described a human woman explorer finding a wounded strange creature in the vast forest, the creature had the feet and arms of a leopard and a torso of a human with slight fur, the face was a mix between the human and the animal. Karou thought it would be a scout of some sort. The human explorer was facing the ill creature with both fear and uncertainity, but she moved forward and tried to heal him, the creature firstly was defending himself from the woman but slowly let her heal his wounds. The human stayed with the chimera until the wounds were patched. As a reward the male creature gave the explorer a special gift. Then the next page was another date and it had a black bookmark, but before she could read it, Karou smelled an odd scent and went to the pther room.

The door was barely closed and the chimera looked through the gap between the door and its frame, what was on the other side was Diana painting what looked like a person, but its features were still too basic to know who it was, she was moving back and forth between the buckets and the panel, it was like she was dancing with passion. the human was now working on the background rather than the person, it was looking like a window with some buildings outside, the sun was rising making the orange themed effect on the sky. Karou was paying attention to who would be the person on the painting, the outline was still unfinished and strangely it two large curves on the back and a long one from its waist line. As Diana continued her steps to the buckets, she saw the chimera who was already opening the door without knowing and she lost her focus falling close to the bucket. "That was close.." She said sitting on the floor and continued "How was the book?, Karou who was still looking at the painting snapped "Huh? oh yeah it was good". The answer didn´t got a response, until a hand on her shoulder appeared. "Guess you like this too isn´t it?", the human said and the chimera nodded. "Just let me work on it and maybe tomorrow you will see the finished version, come on, you will need some rest". With that Karou got confused "Rest? but its barely the mor-" but she was cut off when she looked to the window showing that it was already past the twilight time.

After the chimera ate some fruit, she continued reading more books from Diana´s bookcase. "Guess I will have to ask Milo to bring more books", she smiled while working on her painting now that she told Karou that it would be finished by the next day. Now what do you need to make that silverish white hair... she asked herself thinking of the colors to use.
Sign up to rate and review this story