Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Lotus Girl

Work Day

by Noizchild 0 reviews

One month before her probation is up, Anna is granted work, but not without supervision.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2013-01-21 - Updated: 2013-01-22 - 1058 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Two: Work Day:

-Anna-

I'm actually allowed to work now. They still have me under watch in Ju-Oh-Cho, so I'm heavily monitored. I told my husband that I didn't want to sit around and do nothing all day.

"I have to do something," I said. "I can't stand feeling useless."

"Being a housewife isn't useless," he said. I shook my head.

"Please let me do something! I don't want to go stir crazy."

"You do know you will be monitored, right?"

"Yes, yes." Like I haven't heard that for the hundredth time.

"And you're sure about this?" he asked.

"Yes!" I insisted. Asato-kun put up his hand.

"I can't promise you anything," he said. "But I'll talk to them." My eyes lit up in up hope.

"Thank you!" I said with a bow.

"There, there," my husband said. "Don't get your hopes up, they might say no."

It took about two weeks, but I finally got approved to work, which leads to today.

I work as a grief counselor. I basically use my powers to summon souls from the dead. I can't resurrect them and they can't stay out for too long. Ten minutes is the maximum time that I am allowed. Also, I have to document which souls I summon and turn in the paperwork to Ju-Oh-Cho. It's a pain, but I'm in no position to complain. My first job is why these terms are in place.

I got an e-mail from Yoko-chan's school. Before I did the job in question, I accidently summoned the soul of a prostitute. Her son must have told his friends and my client overheard him. To make a long story short, the client had me summon her daughter's soul in exchange for files on Papa's blood work to see if he had seir potential to the Mother. Turned out, the nurse had killed her daughter and used me to commit suicide out of guilt. Because I summoned a vengeful spirit that killed a human, I ended up on probation for eight months by Ju-Oh-Cho. Asato-kun lost a month's pay as well. (Actually, it was half of it. He lost the other half for destroying the library during another fight with Terazuma-san.) Couple that with me accidentally killing Sharon while on probation, Ju-Oh-Cho have really tight tabs on me. On top of all that, since I'm under Asato-kun's care, anytime I mess up, it'll come back and reflect on him. So, I can't have any problems today. Plus, a higher official will monitor me on this first day. I am to call Ju-Oh-Cho as soon as I get a job. There came a knock on my door. Ah, just in time. I walked over to the door and peeked out.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Official Noga," a man announced. "I have come to monitor your work progress." My lips curved into a little smile. I just hope this guy's not a tight ass.

"Alright," I said. I unlocked the door to let him in. He didn't smile and his eyes looked rather baggy behind his glasses. His hair and clothes, on the other hand, looked nice and fresh.

"Uh… hi," I said. "Please come in." He didn't say a word as he walked past me, bowing. Not much for chit-chat, I see. Okay then… Noga-san walked around the apartment as if he was inspecting it. I try not to let the stress get to me.

"Can I offer you anything?" I asked. "Tea? Coffee?"

"No," the older man said. Right… I walked over to my laptop and booted it up.

"I get clients through e-mail," I explained. Those dull eyes stayed on me as I opened up my e-mail. Noga-san came over look. I had ten messages this morning. Eight of them from my friends in America.

"Look here," I said. "I've got two potential clients already." I opened the first message. "Dear Niwa-san, I came across your ad in the paper. I lost my fiancée in a car accident just recently and I would like to see her one last time. Can you help me out?" I turned to my "baby-sitter." "Does this meet with your approval?" Noga-san read over the message himself.

"How is this in the paper?" he asked.

"Watari and his lab came up with this neat trick," I explained. "Only those in real grief can see it." Noga-san took down the notes in his notepad.

"So will you accept this job?" he asked. I read over the contents of the e-mail again.

"I'll look at the other one before I decide," I said. I tuned out the pen scratching on paper as I opened the e-mail.

"Dear Niwa-san," I read. "I am writing in response to your ad. My mother passed away from cancer last week and I never got to say goodbye. Could you let me see her one last time?" I turned to Noga-san. "Does this meet with your approval?" He read this e-mail and took notes.

"So, which one will you take?" he asked. I sat back and weighed my options.

"I'll need to interview these clients to see," I said. I opened up two new messages to reply them both.

"Thank you for your reply," I said as I typed. "I will be happy to help you, but first I must ask you a couple of questions. Were you and your loved one on good terms before you died? I have to know before I can get started. I do not summon onryo for the sake of the griever's safety. Please bring a photograph of the deceased for me to summon. Thank you for your time, Niwa-san." I let my "baby-sitter" proofread before I sent off both messages. I sat back and turned to Noga-san.

"Now, all I have to do is wait for a reply from one or both and then set up a time and location to meet," I explained. Noga-san took down notes in reply. I frowned as I turned back to the computer screen. One more month before probation is over. This guy will observe me for three weeks. I have to fill out paperwork after each job. Plus, I didn't get any sleep last night. I rubbed my eyes.

"Excuse me," I said as I rose to my feet to get another energy shot from the kitchen.
Sign up to rate and review this story