Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > She Always Gets What She Wants

Chapter 20

by xFuRiEx 3 reviews

Finally!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-01-28 - Updated: 2013-01-28 - 3337 words

1Exciting

Brittany

"Ow, ow, ow, Kasey!" I exclaimed in pain, pushing away her hand that was currently pressing a hot hair straightener to my scalp. "It's hot. It burns," I told her in exasperation.

The raven-haired female caught my eye in the mirror, but I don't think she immediately grasped what I was complaining about. Her eyes were wide in astonishment and she dropped the strand of my hair she held in her other hand.

"Kasey!" I say loudly, waving my hand at her as if to bring her back to reality. I swear sometimes she is so out of it, but then again I guess I can't blame her after the bomb I just dropped.

And then as if nothing happened, she picked up my hair and continued straightening it.

"You know, I should pull some of these out," she murmured absentmindedly, concentrating on what she was doing this time. Thank goodness, because I don't think my skull would appreciate another burn. "Maybe if you felt some pain, you would remember to feel everything else as well and then you might actually be able to think!"

"What?"

She yanked at my hair and I winced.

"I can't believe you left Tray for Frank and why am I only finding out about this now?"

"It only happened two days ago and yesterday we told my brothers. It was best for them to know first in case one of them wanted to kill Frank," I started to explain.

"They should've..."

"What is your problem?" I demanded, turning around to face her directly. "I thought you liked Frank."

"I do. You know I think he's hot and areally nice guy, but seriously, Brit you and Frank don't work together. I don't know where you've been the last eighteen years, but let me remind you how it went. You and Frank in the same room... nuclear fucking world war. You can't possibly tell me that that's changed overnight. I thought you liked Tray and now that Frank's in the picture suddenly he isn't good enough anymore?"

"It's not like that..."

"I can't even say I'm surprised, but then at the same time I am," Kasey continued, looking confused. "I knew about you and Frank sleeping together and that was one thing, but now you're actually dating. Please explain to me how that's going to work."

"It didn't change overnight," I started to explain. "We've been doing this for almost two months now. We've gotten to know each other better. Besides, everyone's always going on about how our fighting was just childish bickering. I guess we've just grown up."

I turned back to the mirror just in time to notice her shaking her head.

"It's never going to work. You and Frank aren't together for the right reasons."

"Seriously?" I exclaimed, frowning deeply."You are the first person to have such a huge issue with this. You're supposed to be my best friend."

"And I am. You know I love you to death, but I'm just trying to think logically about this. Brittany, I'm happy if you're happy, but how long until this ends? Again, this relationship you two have started is based on pure physical attraction. I'm afraid that one of you will end up getting hurt, because you might as well just be friends with benefits."

"Yeah, we kind of used to be that already so I think we've upgraded," I pulled a face at my own choice of words. "The bottom line is that you have nothing to worry about. Neither of us is going to get hurt, because I think this time we're both actually going to try to make it work."

"Fine," Kasey sighed. "I'm happy for you two, but I am going to be here to say I told you so when this ends badly."

I grin broadly and happily, "That's more like it."



*

Frank

Matt shook with laughter and I simply shook my head at his reaction when I told him that Brittany and I were officially acouple now. We were in the studio and it was already late in the afternoon. Ididn't tell him earlier that day, because I didn't want to suffer through an entire day of teasing and commentary which was exactly what was bound to follow as soon as the male stopped laughing and got his breath back.

"Wow, is it bad that I can't even say that I'm surprised by this?" he asked still chuckling every now and then.

"How so?" Gerard wanted to know curiously, dropping the pencil in his hand down on the lyrics book in front of him.

"Well, I predicted it, didn't I?" he shrugged coolly. "I told you weeks ago that you and Brittany were perfect for each other," he explained now looking at me. "Remember? You thought I was delusional?"

The words seemed to ring a bell somewhere in the back of my mind, but I couldn't exactly place the conversation he was talking about.

"It was the night you joked about my mom and Brittany having sex," Mikey informed me scornfully. "Come to think of it, Istill haven't gotten you back for that."

"Oh, I remember," I exclaimed, laughing guiltily.

It was soon after the band got signed and barely a week after Brittany and I slept together for the first time. Shit, if the guys ever found out about how long this thing has actually been going on, they would skin me alive.

"I guess a prayer group is in order," Matt joked.

Everyone looked at him confused, me most of all.

"You're the one who said you'll pray for the poor soul who is stupid enough to get involved with her," he laughed, raising his hands in defense. "And taking everything into account, you're the poor idiotic soul."

I scowl at the drummer. "I'm not an idiot. I know what I'm getting myself into."

"Do you? No offence guys," he looked at Mikey and Gerard. "But your sister isn't exactly the nicest person in town and I'm afraid our little Frankie here is so high on lust that he forgot how much he once hated her.

"For childish reasons," Gerard interjected."I know Brittany has her moments, but I always knew that she and Frank would get along great as soon as they got over their jealousy of one another other. Honestly, I prefer her being with Frank rather than that jock she recently dated."

"Me too," I murmured quietly to myself.

"I'd hope that you'd prefer yourself to him," Ray stated, having heard me.

I rolled my eyes at the guitarist's comment and almost jumped when someone covered my eyes from behind.

"Three guesses who it is," Mikey said and Icould clearly hear the sarcasm in his voice.

Unless one of the guys suddenly started growing their nails and using hand moisturizer, there could only be one person.

"Brittany?" I guessed.

"And Frank achieves the impossible!"

"Shut up, Mikey," Brittany shoots at her brother, removing her hands from my face and wrapping them around my neck.

"Hi," I smile, barely able to see her even when I turned my head back as far as possible.

"Hi," the blonde returns, kissing my cheek."I thought you guys were working so hard, but it looks to me like you're just sitting around talking."

"We do work hard," Gerard assured her."Today is an exception."

"In that case," Brittany started sweetly, sitting down on the arm rest next to me. "Would you mind if I steal Frank away for the rest of the afternoon? It's already five thirty. I'm sure you don't really need him anymore."

"Feel free to take the little midget off our hands," Matt grinned, leaning back in his seat.

I choose to ignore his remark and look hopefully at the rest of the guys who all nod their consent.

"We're pretty much finished here for the day anyway," Ray spoke up.

I eagerly jump up from my seat, pulling Brittany with me.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow then."

"Good luck, Frank!" Matt called after us."Black widow and all," he grinned and winked at me when I turned to look at him.

My cheeks heated up at the memory of comparing Brittany to a black widow spider. I damn well knew what I was getting myself into even way back then, not that it was that long ago.

"Hm, I'm guessing that I'll be seeing a lot less of Frank from now on," I heard Gerard say as we left the room.

"Dude, she can satisfy some of his needs that you can't." It was Matt who said this followed by a loud crashing sound and then a lot of shouting and swearing. I could clearly make out Mikey's hysteric voice.

Brittany giggled also hearing the commotion.

"Hey, you two!" We turn around to see Gerard escape from the building. "Mikey says to remember what he said about no funny business. I agree with him. Please don't let me walk in on anything when I get home," he begged.

"Don't worry, Gee," we said in unison and laughed.

"Tell Mikey that he can relax. No funny business within a five mile radius, right?" Brittany checked.

Gerard frowned deeply and I could see the way his brain was working at this moment. He didn't want to verify what she said, because then he'd basically consent to whatever if we managed to get far enough away.

Brittany laughed again, "Relax, Gerard. We're just going to get some coffee, okay," she smiled sweetly, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the car.

"Coffee?" I questioned, getting in on the passenger's side.

"Did I say coffee?" she asked innocently, putting the key in the ignition and starting the engine.

I chuckled, shaking my head.

"So where are we going?"

"You'll see," the teen smiles secretively to which I raise an eyebrow.

"Why can't you just tell me?" I pry curiously.

"Because I don't want to," she replied childishly.

It became evident that I wasn't going to get anything out of her and I just sat back staring out the window at the passing businesses. We drove past office buildings, a fish restaurant and finally the school. At this point I figured that she was probably going home, but then she took a left turn instead of right and I found myself in unfamiliar territory.

"This is kidnapping, you know," I told Brittany.

"Stop being such a drama queen." That was the only response I received until we arrived at our destination. "See, here we are."

It was a small diner about a mile from the school. I never knew of its existence and looked at Brittany questioningly.

"I told my brother that we were only going to get coffee," she murmured. "Coffee would be really nice, won't it?"

"Uh, I guess," I shrug slightly confused as I follow her inside where a young waitress leads us to a booth by the window.

We placed our order and I stared out the large window at the heavy grey clouds rolling closer. It was going to rain again. Quite a stupid observation since nowadays it was constantly raining. Ihated this weather.

"Kasey and I used to come here after cheer practice," Brittany's voice reaches my ears and I turn my attention to her.

"No way were you a cheerleader."

She grins broadly at my response.

"I swear. You can ask Gerard."

I couldn't help gaping at the girl in front of me. The million different sides of her still caught me by surprise.

"It was a while ago though. I don't know why, but after freshman year, we just decided why not. I wasn't too bad at tumbling and twirling and stuff and Kasey has always been quite the gymnast. Ionly lasted a year and a half, but it was fun," she explained. "Kasey is diehard. She's still hanging in there."

"Wow," I mutter, eyebrows hiding behind my semi long fringe. "I never took you for a mean girl."

Brittany chuckled at the term, "I thought for sure that you'd think I was one, but I'm not, trust me. I don't have aproblem with them, we get along, but I'm actually not so bad at school. I don't exactly go out of my way to be mean to people," she said as the waitress placed our coffees in front of us.

"Just me," I smiled, stirring sugar into my coffee.

I heard a sigh and looked up at Brittany.

"I'm sorry," she apologizes, catching me off guard. "I'm sorry that I never told you about Tray. I'm sorry that I've been such a brat." And she sounds sincere. "I know I've said and done a lot of things these last couple of weeks to give you a legitimate reason to hate me. Honestly, I would've slapped myself a long time ago if I were you. We definitely know who the better person between the two of us is," she finishes with a slight frown.

"Is that so hard for you to believe?" I quietly tease.

She looks up at me and even though she tries, she can't hide the irritation on her face. "Come on, Frank give me abreak. I'm actually really trying here."

"Yeah, I know. It must've taken everything you had to apologize," I'm unable to help myself. I take a deep breath and continue, "Apology accepted."

She beams happily at me and we finish our coffee in silence. By this point it started raining and we ran outside to the car.

"Hey, Frank!" Brittany calls over the sound of the rain pouring down on the tarmac.

I look at her over the roof of the car and she grins broadly and step away from the car before starting to spin around and around in the rain.

"You don't have to do a rain dance when it's already raining."

I laugh and run over to her, wrapping my arms around her waist and spinning her around in the air.



*



We stumbled into the house, laughing and dripping wet from the rain.

"Frank? Brittany," my mom exclaimed upon seeing our drenched states. "Come inside. I'll get you some towels."

We stared after my mom and then burst out laughing again.

"You're going to get sick," my mother scolded, coming back into the room. "Frank, you know better," she continued, handing each of us a towel.

"Sorry, Mrs. Iero," Brittany apologized, suppressing her giggles. "The rain was completely unexpected and we got caught outside."

"Sorry, Mom. We'll dry the floors when we're done."

"It's fine," she sighed. "Brittany, Iassume you're staying for dinner. Do you want some dry clothes?"

"That's okay," the teen hurriedly assured her. "I'll just borrow one of Frank's shirts."

I nodded, a smile still playing across my lips and hurriedly dragged Brittany upstairs to my bedroom.

"You're such a liar," I laugh, shutting the door and walking over to my closet. "It's a miracle that my mom hasn't called you on all your bullshit yet, because I'm sure she knows exactly when you're lying."

"It's not like it's a bad thing. I don't lie about a murder or something serious. It's just playful," she justifies her actions while pulling off her wet shirt. "Can I borrow a hoodie instead of ashirt? I'm kind of cold."

I nod, tossing her one of both and pulling out some dry clothes for myself.

"Do you want some pants?" I ask and she nods, "Please."

"Another cup of coffee would be really good right now," I murmur, stripping out of my wet clothes and pulling on a pair of dry jeans. After putting on a shirt and hoodie, I walk over to Brittany and rub my hands up and down her upper arms to help her warm up. "Ready to go see what's for dinner."

"Yeah, I'm starving."



*



"I'm curious. Gerard and Mikey were never particularly popular in high school. What makes you different?" I ask after dinner.

Brittany and I were half seated, half lying on the couch, each leaning against an armrest and facing each other with ablanket over our legs.

"Who says I'm popular."

"You were a cheerleader and you dated afootball player," I said, looking her with a 'duh!' expression.

Brittany frowned slightly, "How do you know that Tray was a football player?"

"Besides his entire being screaming it at me, Gerard and I talk," I admit.

She shook her head before starting to explain, "Kasey and I have been best friends since, well, a very long time ago and Tray joined the picture in high school. Basically, we've all been friends for a long time. A couple of months ago Tray and I started dating. I liked him, he liked me, it was the natural thing to do. Then you and your stupid, adorable face came back and I don't know... You tell me what happened after that."

"So you liked him?"

She nodded in response.

"I have some other interesting news," she hurriedly changed the subject. "Kasey isn't very happy about us being together."

"Oh?"

"She says we're not together for the right reasons and thus it could never work," she said frowning deeply.

"She's kind of right. I don't really know anything about you. I don't know your favorite band or the size of your shoes,"I say, leaning forward and quickly kissing her lips.

"Okay, well, aside from my taste in music, I'm not sure what you want to do with the knowledge of how big my feet are,"she giggled. "Everything else we'll learn with time."

My phone suddenly started ringing on the coffee table and Brittany quickly snatched it up and answered it before I could even think of doing it.

"Hello... The one and only," she replied sweetly, making me wonder who was on the other end of the phone. "Yes, he's here," Brittany said and a small wicked smile played across her lips. By now Iwas dying to know who called. "I'm sorry, but he can't really talk right now."I held out my hand for the phone, but she ignored me and continued talking to the person. "Try again later, like tomorrow later... Aw, you too!" she said overly friendly and hung up.

"Who was that?" I asked and Brittany looked up at me innocently, putting the phone back in its former place. "Brittany?"

"It was Amy."

I immediately sat up straight. Oh shit, Ihaven't seen or spoken to Amy since Brittany and I got together. She probably thought I was the biggest jerk on the planet.

"Why wouldn't you let me talk to her?" I demanded.

"Because you're talking to me now."

"Brittany!" I exclaimed.

"What? Don't look at me like that. I'm jealous of Amy just like you're jealous of Tray," she responded.

"I'm not jealous of Tray."

"And you're a great liar," the teen mutters sarcastically, rolling her eyes in the process.

"In all fairness I saw you making out with the guy. You have nothing to worry about when it comes to Amy," I tried to assure her.

"I'm not so sure of that," came her doubtful response.

"You just said that I'm a terrible liar and besides, what would I gain from lying to you?"

"Let's pretend that I believe you for now,"Brittany said. "Tonight's been a good night. We can fight about this later."

"Good," I grin, pulling her over to my side and kissing her.



**



Well, this chapter could've gone a lot better...Writer's block is a bitch.

So apparently, Mr. Mikey Way has been sneaking around with another girl, though great job he did at that. Funnily enough, I think people are fighting over the internet a lot more than the parties actually involved in the matter. Welcome to the twenty first century!

Oh, and I'm back at Uni. I swear unpacking is the worst part about coming back. That also contributes to the lateness of this chapter. Sorry... I'll try to have a better chapter up for you guys soon!

xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story