Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Whatever It Takes

by lalatherapist16 1 review

Frank is a writer. He'll do anything it takes to get published. Anything.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-01-30 - Updated: 2013-01-31 - 1231 words

0Unrated
I swallowed hard, looking up at the large building. NJPub was a towering red brick building with floor after floor of windows filled in with blinds.

My manuscript felt like it weighed a hundred pounds in my messenger bag. I grit my teeth and clenched my fists, walking up the stairs.

By the time I reached the top, I was scared shitless, ready to turn back. "Hey." A tall man dressed in black skinny jeans and a black and white striped shirt grinned blowing smoke out of his pretty lips. "New here?" I nodded, not sure how to answer.

He slipped firther into the shadow of the big tree as the cloud over the sun was blown away. The light caught a few strands of his short black hair, making it shine.

My cheeks burned. "I'm Gerard." He smiled, putting the cigarette between his lips and held his hand out to me. I shook it, my hand shaking in his with nerves.

"Frank. Do you work here?" I asked, tipping my head toward the building. He flicked the cigarette butt into a bucket filled with water.

"You could say that." He shrugged. I wasn't sure what he meant by that.

"What's it like? I'm so nervous." I said, my voice cracking. He laughed softly, running his hand through his hair.

"Well, a bunch of the people here are pretty cool. The boss usually pairs up managers with the authors who get published by their personality. So the two aren't at each other's throats, you know. But other than that, we like.to think of ourselves as a family. And the boss is pretty awesome."

I nodded, watching his beautiful face. "W-will you walk in with me?" I asked, my heart poundiing.

"Walk in with a cute guy?" He asked sarcastically, placing his hand on his chest. "Of course." He laughed. "I'll even hold your hand if you want."

I blushed even deeper. He was flirting with me. Oh god.

He's so cute. I took a deep breath and rolled my eyes at him. He held the door open. "After you." He smiled at me.

I walked in, looking back at him like a deer in a hunting ground. He kept that easy smile on his face, leading me to the front desk.

"Hey Mitchie." He smiled at the pretty girl. "I have a young Frank here." He gestured to me. "Where should I lead him?" He asked.

"Let's see here...." She typed on the computer quickly. "He's got an appointment with the boss in five minuets. Feel free to lead him up." She smiled at him. He grinned back.

I felt like they were sharing something I didn't understand. My heart lept in my throat as he looked back at me. "Welp, come on." He held out his hand toward the right of the desk.

He took me to the elevators, pressing the up button. The doors dinged open, a swarm of people flooding out. We stepped in, him pushing the button for the very top floor.

"What's the boss like? Is he the one who has like my book to publish it or is itlike a group?" I asked, my stomach clenching in fear.

"I think you'll like him." He laughed, patting my back lightly. The doors opened in a hall with three doors. He got it and started toward the one on the far end of the hall.

I followed a little uneasily behind him, my chest squeezing in great, making my breath go out of my body.

He opened the door without so much as a little tap. I peeked in. "Where is he?" I asked, stunned as we walked into the empty room.

Gerard sat behind the desk in the big chair. "Told ya you'd like the boss." He smiled.

I stared at him, my heart nearly exploding in my chest. "You're the.....but I......and we." I feel into the seat across the desk from him.

He giggled. "Relax." He smiled, leaning forward. I automatically felt myself move forward, closer to him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, my hands resting on my knees. His smile widened.

"So you'd be a little looser." He said simply. "That, and you really are cute." I felt my face get hot again. "Business now though. Love life later."

"What?" I gasped slightly, my throat tightening. He smiled sweetly.

"Do you have your manuscript?" He asked, templing his fingers and resting his elbows on the shiny wood. My brain froze for a second before I opened my bag and pulled out the thick manilla folder.

Inside was my heart and soul on paper. The front had a sticker of the title and my name.

FREAK SHOW BY FRANK IERO

My heart seemed to stop as I set it on the desk and slid it to him. He looked st the title and set it aside. "I like the title. I'll read it and let you know in a weeks time if you're been approved top br published or not." He smiled at me.

"Thanks?" I gulped. I felt like puking. I was so anxious. "I'm still nervous." I said before I could stop myself.

"It's okay. Even if you don't get published here, I could try to help. There's a few strings the boss can pull when he needs to." He shrugged. I smiled at him. "Sadly, we can't do anything together I until I finish your book and pass it to my partner and we decide."

"Partner?" I asked, my mind blurbing.

"Well, brother, but still." He shrugged.

"Oh." I blinked at him.

"But, I'm sure you'll get through." He winked at me.

"So......a week?" I blushed, my face hot enough to light my hair on fire. "But....if I wanna see you?" I asked quietly.

He smiled. "Soon." He breathed, his face getting closer to me.

I wanted to kiss him so bad. I got closer, my ass on the edge of the chair. "Now." I whispered, my lips touching his.

He moaned quitely, kissing me back. "Mph!" He pulled away with a gasp, our lips parting wetly. "I can't, Frankie." He smiled at me, cupping my face in his hands. "Not yet." He shook his head.

"Sorry." I pulled away, putting my hand over my mouth. I felt like hell.

"It's not that I don't like you. It's that it'll look bad if you and I got personal before you're published. Then people think that I had a personal gain. In bed, mostly." He sighed. "My dad made that mistake. Which is why I'm here now."

"That makes sense." I sighed. "I....." I blushed, not sure what to say.

"So...... I'll call you." He breathed, standing up. I stood too, my bag feeling empty now.

Gerard had it. I trust him. I took a deep breath and let him lead me to the door.

"I'll see you soon." He said a little sadly. His eyes lingered on my face.

I wanted to kiss him again, but I knew I couldn't. "Soon." I repeated, sighing.

He opened the door for me, not taking his eyes off of my face. I hesitated before I turned to go.

I got into the elevator and rested my head against the wall. Soon isn't soon enough.











Randomness. I'm tired and bleh. R+R and all that.

Hugs and Chopsticks,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story