Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Cookies and Cocoa

by XxLiveyourlifExX 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2013-01-31 - Updated: 2013-02-01 - 1478 words

1Insightful
Cookies and Cocoa

They were ten minutes into the drive when Braelyn realized that Gerard was still clutching her arm. She couldn’t keep the edge out of her voice when she asked “Could you let go?”

He looked down at his hand wrapped tight around Braelyn’s arm. He let go and she rub his arm. “Sorry.”

Braelyn shook her head and looked out the window.

A half an hour later nothing had been said. To break the awkward silence, Braelyn turned to the back and started to say “Hey Quinn-” Then she realized the other girl was asleep. She turned back and settled in her seat. ‘This is super fun,’ she thought to herself. Then, a few minutes later, without even thinking about it, Braelyn blurted, “What’s wrong with you?”

“What?” Gerard asked, briefly looking at her in surprise before focusing back on the road.

“Nothing...” Braelyn thought better of her line of questioning.

“No really,” Gerard said. “What’s up?”

She sighed. “It’s just...you’ve been acting kinda weird...And that whole thing with Quinn before...”

“Quinn needs her sleep,” Gerard replied. “She worked late last night.”

It was clear this conversation was going nowhere, so Braelyn just nodded and looked back out the window. The rest of the trip was spent in silence.

By the time they took the Way’s exit off the Turnpike, the snow had stopped. Gerard pulled into his parents driveway and Braelyn shook Quinn awake. They all got out of the car, gathered their bags and trudged up the just shoveled walk. Donna flung the door open as their group arrived on the front porch.

“Hello, children!” She immediately went to Gerard and gave him a hug and kissed his cheek. Then she moved on to Braelyn, crushing her in a hug, “It’s so wonderful to see you, dear. Donny and I are so proud of you!” She kissed Braelyn’s cheek before releasing her and straightening. “And you must be Quinn. It’s so nice to meet Gerard’s special girl.” Donna hugged her too. “Now come inside, it’s freezing out here.”

Once in the house, Donny greeted Gerard then Braelyn, giving both of them hugs, and then he was introduced to Quinn. Then Donna was off chattering again. “Let’s get you kids settled. Gerard, you’ll be in your usual room. Girls, we’re putting you in the guest room. Follow me.”

The girls obediently picked up their bags and followed after sharing an eyebrow raise and a look that said ‘Separate rooms? Really?’ But, Braelyn reasoned out that it was Donna’s house and she got to make the rules. The room she took them to was cute, light blue walls, two twin beds with fluffy down comforters and a zillion pillows, a nightstand in between, a dresser, and on the far wall, next to the window, a beautiful old vanity with a huge ornate mirror.

“You girls go ahead and unpack, we’ll be downstairs when you finish. Oh, and Braelyn, sweetheart? Mikey ran to the store for me, he’ll be back soon.” She gave Braelyn a hilarious wink before fluttering her fingers at both girls and leaving the room.

Quinn shut the door behind Donna and Braelyn asked, “Is it cool if I take this bed?”

“Sure,” she answered and tossed her purse on the bed farther from the door. “I’ll take the top drawer?”

“Sounds good.” Braelyn opened her suitcase and started to pull things out. “So, this morning was fun.”

“Yeah. That was weird, right?” She looked up at Braelyn with an inquisitive look on her face.

“Kinda, ya.”

“Yeah...I have no idea. Things have been odd lately. My friends told me that ‘he’s an artist’ and to give him space, but I don’t know what’s going on.” She paused before stopping what she was doing to look at Braelyn. “I was actually hoping you had some insight. You guys seem so close.”

Braelyn thought hard about what she should say. She couldn’t tell Quinn her suspicions because, in reality, they had no factual basis, just what Braelyn felt in her gut. “We are close,” Braelyn replied slowly. “But Gee is...an interesting kid. He doesn’t really want to talk about anything, but he feels a lot. He won’t ask for help even if he really needs it. Sometimes it’s hard to be his friend, and I imagine it’d be way harder to be his girlfriend. I don’t know what’s going on with him now, but I have noticed that things are off. I tried talking to him today, but I didn’t get anywhere. Maybe you’ll have better luck?”

“I hope so,” Quinn answered sighing. “I feel bad because I’ve been so busy with work that I really haven’t had a chance to sit down and talk to him...”

“Well,” Braelyn said, cheerfully, “This week will surely present you with a great opportunity to do so!”

They continued unpacking and chatting. Just as Braelyn was shoving her now empty suitcase under the bed, when arms wrapped around her waist and lips connected with her cheek. She smiled when she heard Mikey’s voice say, “Hey, I missed you.”

She turned in his hold and twined her arms around his neck. “Hello.”

He kissed her swiftly before asking, “How was your meeting and the ride here?”

“The meeting was good. My single is dropping on the first so that’s awesome.”

“Congratulations.”

“And the trip was alright,” Braelyn glanced at Quinn.

“I slept the whole time,” the other girl chimed in. “So the others were quiet. It had to be boring.”

“Poor Quinn didn’t get home until 2 in the morning,” Braelyn explained.

“The restaurant life not as much fun?” Mikey asked.

“Just busy,” Quinn responded with a smile.

“Well mom has snacks ready and some claymation movie all queued up. She wants all of us to go watch.”

“Yay claymation!” Braelyn said and Mikey started to leave the room holding onto her hand. Before she got pulled out of the room, Braelyn reached her hand out to Quinn so she wouldn’t get left behind.

Downstairs, Donna had hot chocolate and Christmas cookies all laid out on a tray on the coffee table. “There you are! Let’s watch Frosty.”

“That one is my favorite,” Braelyn replied taking the seat next to Mikey, while Quinn sat next to her on the oversized couch.

“Excellent. Take some hot cocoa and once Gerard gets here we can start,” Donna instructed. They all obeyed before she yelled in true mom fashion, “GERARD! GET DOWN HERE!” A few minutes passed before he appeared in the room. “Sit down. It’s movie time.”

“Aww, ma. I don’t want to watch Frosty.”

“I don’t care. It is Christmas and we are spending time together and watching this movie, sit down.”

“I can’t. I told Max I’d meet him for coffee,” Gerard argued.

“Who’s Max?” Quinn asked.

“He’s a friend of mine,” Gerard answered.

“Well can’t you see him another time?” Donna asked.

“Ya,” Quinn agreed, reaching out to grab his hand. “Reschedule. Hang out with us.”

“I really can’t.” Gerard pulled his hand out of hers. “I’ll see you guys later.”

He left the room in a stunned silence. Mikey was the first to talk, starting to push himself up, “I’ll go get him and talk him into staying.”

“No,” Donna put an arm out to stop him. “His loss.”

Donny came in, “Where’s Gerard going? I thought we were all watching a movie?”

“Gerard is ditching us,” Mikey said with a huff.

“He’s going to see Max,” Donna clarified.

“I never liked that kid,” Donny replied.

“Me either,” Donna said. “But he was adamant about going.”

“Well, bully for him. He’ll miss my surprise.” Donny gave the kids on the couch a wink flashing a hidden bottle of Baileys. “Because we all deserve some Christmas spirit.”

“Very punny dad.” Mikey grinned.

“Some for me,” Donny poured a generous measure into a steaming mug. Then he moved on to the others, “And some for everyone else.”

Donna started the movie and Braelyn leaned forward to grab a cookie. When she settled back, Mikey’s arm was around her and she leaned into him. She looked over to Quinn who was looking a tad upset. Braelyn took the other girl’s hand and gave it a squeeze. Quinn gave her a weak smile, but didn’t let go.

A/N: Thanks as usual to Izzy, Abbie, and Nicole. I especially appreciate that Abbie and Nicole both utilized the 'STAHP' made me giggle. I hope everyone enjoys this chapter. GO REVIEW!! Hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story