Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Who do you think you are?

Cereal.

by OliviaSyren 3 reviews

Frank and Gerard have a bite to eat.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-02-10 - Updated: 2013-02-10 - 2754 words

0Unrated
HI! I wrote the next chapter after erasing the other two about the hospital because itwas really bad. Hopefully this is better! ENJOY (Extra-long) ;)

I woke up in my bed, cold and feeling terrifyingly alone. Had yesterday even happened? I think it over in my head, every detail. Could it have happened? If it did, Gerard had brought me to my room and was left to clean the bathroom on his own.

There’s a soft rapping on my door as it clicks open. “Frank?” It’s my mom. “Frank, baby are you okay?” Her hand rests on my sprained ankle and I flinch. “Sorry.” She says immediately, removing her hand. “Gerard’s staying off school. He’s…sick again. He’ll look after you okay?” So, yesterday did happen. Well, shit.

She walks out and leaves the door open. I sigh and sit up on the bed then glance at the clock. 7:30. Mikey should still be here, school doesn’t start until 9.

I get up and slowly apply pressure onto my bad foot, the pain bearable enough to walk on it. I trudge out of the door down to the kitchen and stop at the door, hearing a hushed conversation.

“C’mon, Gerard. It’s so obvious! How the hell can you not see it?!” It’s Mikey’s voice.

“Whatever, Mikes. I knew I shouldn’t have told you.” Gerard answers.

“But you can’t help it. If there’s something going on, you always come to me first.”

“Yeah, I know.” Gerard chuckles a little.

“You’ve both been through a lot. Y’know…You both cut and starve yourselves.” Mikey says, almost unsympathetically. So that’s what Gerard had told him, I don’t like the thought of someone spreading stuff like that. Suddenly Gerard doesn’t seem so nice, but he’s got to have some sort of reason, Gerard isn’t like that. “You both need someone right now and it’s obvious you both have a liking for each other.” Gerard doesn’t say anything for a moment.

“He was just being nice, Mikey. It’s only been two weeks since we-” THUMP. “OW. What the hell was that for Mikey?!”

“It was for you being an oblivious idiot.” Mikey spits. I push the door open and walk in, avoiding eye contact with both of them. I hear Mikey whisper to Gerard, but he wasn’t quiet enough for me not to hear. “I saw how you looked at him when you heard his guitar playing.” I hear Gerard let out a sound which sounds like a gasp but is portrayed as a squeak. I peek over my shoulder to find Mikey skipping down the hallway to the front door and Gerard staring into space, emotionless.

I make a coffee for me and Gerard after seeing that he didn’t have one. I set his down in front of him, startling him out of his thoughts. “T-Thanks…” He mumbles, picking up the cup and bringing it to his lips, sipping the hot liquid.

I sit opposite him after muttering a small ‘you’re welcome.’ And held my hands around my mug, warming them. I stare into the boiling coffee, when Gerard pipes up. “How much did you hear?” His voice is quiet but not unheard.

“I have no idea what you’re on about.” I’m slightly annoyed at him for telling Mikey about my…issues. But he probably needed someone to hear him out, and the only person he must trust is Mikey.

“Don’t play dumb with me. You know perfectly well what I’m on about, Frankie.” Frankie. I look up to him from across the table, he looks shocked. “Um…Sorry, I-“

“What are you apologizing for?” I cut in, sipping my coffee.

“I…um. Never mind.” He sighs and traces the rim of the mug with his middle finger.

“I heard from when you said that you shouldn’t have told Mikey about something.” I say, looking into my hands which are now in my lap, fingers laced together. Gerard inhales deeply.

“I’m sorry.” He says. “And this time I have a reason to apologize. I shouldn’t have told Mikey, I’m sorry Frank.” I can feel him looking at me.

“Whatever.” I say, meaning to sound pissed off, which is successful. I sigh and take a gulp from my cup. Gerard looks down at his coffee, as if he’s looking for something to say. “Why’re you off school?” I ask suddenly, the words slipping from my lips. I don’t mean to say it but I just want to see what he’ll say. He looks at me, surprised, as if I just threw a cup of coffee at him. Which I didn’t.

“I…Um. Was sick again.” He says, a guilty look in his eyes. I sigh. There’s a small awkward silence until my retarded mind decides to try and enlighten the mood.

“Bet you can’t guess why I’m off.” I shoot him a playful smile. He reads the newly placed atmosphere and smiles too, bringing his index finger to his lips, indicating he’s thinking.

“Er…” He looks me up and down. “Food poisoning?” I shake my head. “Hmm…Did you fall down the stairs?”

“Nope.”

“Suffering symptoms of a disease?”

“Do they class lactose intolerance a disease?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Oh…Then no.” I say, still smiling. He suddenly looks at me as if he’s seen a rubix cube for the first time.

“Um.” He points at my coffee. “Milk…?”

“Soy.” I say and he pulls a face of aversion.

“Yuck.”

I laugh lightly and sip my coffee. Sure, soy milk’s a little sour but it’s not repulsive. The humour dies and the room is quiet but no longer awkward. I think of asking him if he wants any cereal but then realise what an idiotic thing that would be. “You should eat something.” He says out of nowhere.

“Says you!” I laugh. He laughs too.

“But I do eat. I just don’t keep it down.”

“It’s just as bad.”

“Not really.”

“Yes, really.”

“Fine. If you eat some cereal with me, I won’t throw it up.” He challenges. I look at him.

“Are you sure?” I ask. He nods. I stand up and head for the cereal cupboard and open it to find…nothing.

“No cereal?” Gerard calls out from behind me. I shake my head. I hear his chair scrape the linoleum and turn to see him downing his coffee. “I’ll be back in a sec.” he says.

“Where are you going?”

“Um…” He stares at me as if I’m an idiot. “To get cereal.”

“OH.” I laugh at my stupidity.

“I’ll be back in 10, Kay?” He says, heading towards the door.

“Yeah, sure. I’ll go get dressed then.” I say and we both part ways. I’m halfway up the stairs when I finally hear Gerard leave.

I take a long and well needed shower. I had forgotten to tell Gerard about my gluten allergy and can’t have any normal cereal. I sigh and step out of the shower; I take a glance at myself in the mirror and quickly look away, catching sight of my scars and walk out of the bathroom in just a towel.

The same thing happens as two weeks ago. Except a little differently this time.
I walk smack bang into a paint and coffee scented body.

“OOMF.” I hear as I lose my balance, squeezing my eyes shut I step backwards, an attempt to try and steady myself when I slip on the smooth carpet, two sturdy hands grip my shoulders just as I fall and I’m pulled into their chest. “Gotcha.” He says.

“humpfurf.” I try to thank him but my face is buried in his chest.

“What?” He loosens his grip on me and I look up to his pale face to find him smiling down at me, his hair windswept and in his face. He looks flawless. A small flutter feeling goes through my stomach.

“Thanks.” I repeat and smile up at him. He sucks in a breath of air and his pale face accompanied a pink flush as he saw my naked torso. I realise he’s blushing.

“Uh…Um.” He looks down and steps away from me. That’s only when I realise I have my arms wrapped firmly around his waist and I fall back into his chest. Everything froze for a moment, my head against his chest and my arms around his waist. He held his arms in mid-air, as if he’s trying to determine what to do.

It seems he makes his decision. His hands come down to rest on my shoulders, I look up at him as I did earlier. His face bright red but he’s smiling, I smile back and he slides his hands down to my bare waist, leaning down a little. I expect him to stop but he doesn’t, he closes the gap entirely, pressing his lips to mine. I stiffen for a second but then completely melt into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck. Gerard’s hands move to my back, pressing me against him, my arms half around his neck, letting my hands venture in his beautiful dark locks, gently tugging on them, deepening the kiss and not long after, tongues are involved exploring each other’s mouths lustfully.

It’s Gerard who breaks the kiss first, leaning against my forehead and panting slightly. “I came up to tell you I got the cereal but it seems I was interrupted by a small half-naked man.” He chuckles.

“I’m not small…” I mumble and Gerard just laughs. “What cereal did you get?” I ask.

“The only thing I could find that was safe for those who have a gluten allergy. It looks shit but it’s still cereal.” He said as I give him a confused expression.

“How did you know?” I ask, I hadn’t told him about the allergy.

“Your mom had told Mikey who told me.”

“Ah.” I say, finally pulling out of the embrace we had been holding. “I’ll go get dressed.” I jerk a thumb behind me toward my bedroom door. He nods and watches me walk into my room, holding my towel up with one hand; I glace over my shoulder and flash him a smile, when he smiles back I walk into to my room and shut the door.

I dress in my usual attire which consists of a black band shirt; today was an Iron Maiden one and tight black skinnies, the whole outfit adorned with miscellaneous accessories.
I carefully step downstairs, relieving my foot of too much pain and open the kitchen door, finding Gerard sat back at the table with two bowls placed at opposite sides, one in front of him and the other in front of my seat. Gerard smiles as I sit down.

The cereal is brown and powdery, it looks like bran flakes. “Did you use-“ I start when Gerard cuts me off.

“Yes, I used soy milk. I’m not an idiot, Frankie.” He chuckles. I grin and pick up my spoon. I suddenly regret making the deal with Gerard, I don’t want to eat. I’ll get fatter than I already am. “Frankie?” Gerard says, looking at me in a considerate manner. “You look like you’re going to be sick.” He states.

“Thanks.” I say unenthusiastically, I dump my spoon on the table with a little more force than intended. Gerard jumps.

“J-Just take it slowly.” He says, bringing up a spoonful of the brown flakes and chewing then swallowing them with ease.

“How do you do it?” I ask helplessly.

“It’s easy for me. What’s not easy is trying not to bring it back up.” He mumbles mouth half full. I sigh and stare at the bowl. “They have zero calories.” Gerard says out of the blue. I look up at him.

“Really?” He nods and eats another mouthful.

“Try them, they’re not too bad.” He points at my bowl with his spoon. I look back at the soggy flakes and pick up my spoon. I haven’t eaten a thing in weeks, my stomach constantly grumbles silently but I try my hardest to ignore the hunger, I hadn’t realised how much I needed to eat. I dunk my spoon into the bowl, picking up a heap of cereal. “Whoa there, short stuff.” Short stuff? “Start slowly. You’ll just throw up if you eat all that at once because you haven’t been eating, your stomach needs to get used to food being in there again.” I give him an unenthusiastic nod and tip half the spoonful back into the bowl.

I bring the metal to my lips, Gerard watching intently. And I place the spoon in my mouth, hearing my lip ring scrape the stainless steel as I pull it out empty. I chew slowly; the feeling of food in my mouth had become strange. I swallow the mush and grimace. Ew. Gerard laughs at my expression and walks over to the sink, cleaning his now-empty bowl.

*

I managed to finish the entire bowl. If I’m honest, I’m really proud of myself; Gerard says he’s proud too and he smiles that smile that makes my heart constrict, y’know the kind of smile that reaches his eyes and makes them glisten.

But now we’re sat in the living room and I’ve got a firm grip on Gerard’s arm, keeping him planted on the sofa beside me because he keeps trying to run to the bathroom to throw up. I’m scared he’ll just do it here in the living room, in front of me.

We’re watching the Alien trilogy and Gerard keeps complaining that he feels sick.

“You’re not going anywhere.” I say as he tries to stand up, he may be taller but he’s as weak as me. He slumps back down and rests his head on the back of the sofa.

“I feel sick, Frankie.” He turns his head toward me; a sad expression plastered his beautiful features.

“You’re not going anywhere.” He turns back to the film and squirms, his hands rested on his stomach. Before we came into the living room he told me to make sure that no matter what, I would make sure he didn’t make himself sick.

“I need to pee.” He says, not looking from the screen. I sigh.

“If you’re coming to the bathroom, I’m coming in with you.” I see his face flush and he says nothing else. I release the grip on his sleeve and he darts out of the room. I wasn’t expecting
that. “Gerard!” I chase him upstairs, my foot throbbing in agony. I’m not too far behind him and manage to keep up with him, just three steps behind. He makes his way to the bathroom and scrambles inside, I try to slide between the closing door and the frame but it just ends up in an excruciating pain shoot up my bad foot. I’ve trapped my foot in the door. Again.

I scream out in pain, high pitched and loud. The pressure on the door is released and I fall backwards, hitting my head on the floor. I curl up into a ball and roll onto my side, cradling my foot and breathing deeply through gritted teeth.

“F-Frankie?” I hear a whimper but I stay where I am; my eyes closed. “What happened? What did I do?” His voice is becoming frantic. I feel his hand on my hip as he tries to turn me onto my back.

“M-My foot.” I manage to grumble. “The door…”

“Shit, Frankie. I’m so sorry.” I open my eyes to see him kneeling over me. He picks me up bridal-style. “D’you wanna go to your bed or carry on watching Alien?” He asks, smiling at me. I smile back, draping an arm over his shoulders. The pain has quickly lessened.

“Can we watch something else?” I ask hopefully, he nods and starts walking downstairs.
*

[*Did you like it? Was is better than the hospital chapters? R&R's get a free unicorn called Keith.
Sign up to rate and review this story