Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sticking It Out

Thirteen

by thatcrazedfan 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-02-11 - Updated: 2013-02-11 - 824 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sunday Morning
Gerard

Half awake, I reached across the bed. I felt a shoulder, and I grabbed it, pulling it closer to me. My head was pounding so I buried my face in Frank’s neck. I breathed in deeply, taking in his scent. The only problem was, it wasn’t Frank. It was someone else. I knew as soon as I smelled them. This person smelled like flowers.

I felt a hand on the back of my head, “Good morning, sleepy head.” It was a woman’s voice. Not just any woman, but Emily. What was she doing here?

I sat up, pushing her away from me. Her expression never changed. She just sat there, looking at me. “You have no idea what happened last night, do you?”

Something happened last night? Something that led to Emily in my bed? Great. After I just told her we couldn’t do this anymore.

She stood up, never taking her eyes off me. “You went to the bar last night. Drank so much you could barely remember your own name.” She shrugged, pulling on a pair of jeans. “Somehow, you managed to call me and tell me that you were drunk. You called because the bartender wouldn’t let you drive home and you needed a ride.”

I was starting to remember now. Most of it was foggy, but there were bits and pieces. I did remember finally going to the bar last night, and drinking until closing time. I also remembered the bartender taking my keys, and not letting me go anywhere without having someone come take me home. Vaguely, I remembered calling Emily to pick me up.

After that, I couldn’t remember much.

“I brought you home and put you to bed. That’s all.” She sat down on the edge of the bed, pulling on her shoes.

“Why did you stay? You should have went home.”

She finished putting on her shoes in silence. “I wanted to make sure you were going to wake up.” She turned towards me suddenly, her face inches from mine. Her breath hit my cheeks, “I was worried about you.”

I could have sworn she was going to kiss me then. Instead, she stood up and headed to the bedroom door. She pulled it open and leaned against the doorframe, looking at me. Seeing her standing there made my heart beat faster in my chest. I’d never seen her wear something so casual before. Usually she was all dresses and skirts at work. Or naked. Never in jeans and a t-shirt. The Emily standing in front of me looked like a completely different person.

A person that I called at who knows what time in the morning, drunk, and asked for a ride home. It didn’t make any sense at all, yet it made all the sense in the world. One of the hardest things I’d ever done was tell her to leave, that we couldn’t do this anymore. But why? If I was so in love with Frank, it shouldn’t have been that hard.

Shouldn’t be this hard.

I sat there on the edge of the bed, staring at her, waiting for her to speak again. But she never did. She just continued to stand there, staring at me. Like she was waiting for me to say something.

Except there was nothing I could say. There only something I could do. Even though it was wrong, and I felt terrible, I knew it was the only thing to do. Maybe Frank wasn’t the one after all. Even after being with him for so long, and after committing to him for the rest of my life, maybe I made the wrong choice. Maybe the right choice was standing in my doorway staring at me right now.

All I had to do was choose. Without hesitation, I leaped off the bed and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her to me. She just smiled before I kissed her deeply. “I choose you.”

She broke the kiss suddenly, putting her hands on my chest and pushing me away. “But what about your husband?”

“I’m still going to find him. He’s still one of my best friends, and I need to know he’s okay.”

“And then you’re going to break his heart.”

Hearing her say it almost made me regret my decision. Almost. Never before had I met someone so perfect, not even Frank could compare. It was terrible what I was doing, but it was better for me. And Frank too, in the end.

He would find someone else, someone better. Someone who would treat him right. I always knew deep in my heart that I would never be good enough for him, that I would do something like this. But Frank has been through a lot, he’ll be fine. I was sure of it.
Sign up to rate and review this story