Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Strike Wizard

Training

by c0dy88 1 review

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2013-02-13 - Updated: 2013-02-14 - 2359 words - Complete

5Original
It had been several months since Harry and Hermione had arrived in this new world and they were fitting in about as well as could be expected. In fact the thing that threw them the most was that they could practice their magic openly, instead of having to keep it hidden. They still keep quiet about their true magical abilities as best they could; as what they could do was so different from what the locals did.

Hermione thought it would be a good idea to learn about the local verity of magic, having additional skills and an excuse to learn more about the world they now lived in. Harry reluctantly agreed, though he'd have been happy to stay well away from the on going war with the Neuroi. But Harry knew his crappy luck better then anyone and figured that he'd be drug into the fighting sooner rather then later.

It turned out to be both easier then they thought it would be and harder at the same time.

"Well at least you can summon magic this way" Mrs. Bishop said as she watched the two new comers meditate along with Lynette, though Lynette was further along then Harry and Hermione; she had already manifested her familiar and was working on finding her power.

"But what's the point of all the meditation?" Hermione growled as she lost her focus again and took a moment to rest before she restarted.

"To get you so used to using magic that it becomes second nature. Once you get to that point your familiar will appear" Mrs. Bishop encouraged, Hermione thought about it for a moment then nodded and went back to meditating. The older woman couldn't help but find Hermione's attitude amusing, it reminded her so much of her self when she was younger.

Nearby Harry was doing his level best to ignore everything going on around him and concentrate on the exercises Mrs. Bishop had taught him. He focused almost all of his attention on his breathing and heart beat, slowing both to the point that he could count his own heartbeats with ease. Once he had accomplished that he released a part of his mind to go searching for his magic.

Finding his magic proved to be the easy part for Harry, now he need to draw it out and manipulate it.

Harry took hold of a bit of the magic he sensed in his body and pulled it towards the center of his conciseness, then let go and reached to grab some more and pull it a little closer; wash, rinse and repeat.

Back in the outside world Minnie Bishop continued to watch the two meditate while Lynnette went to get a drink. She could feel the magical power starting to concentrate and swirl around the two and figured that they'd be finding their familiars pretty soon.

"AHOY THE HOUSE!" Mrs. Bishop nearly jumped out of her skin from the shout that erupted just behind her back. Quickly spinning around Minnie found an eighteen-ish year old girl who looked a lot like Lynnette standing there grinning madly. She was wearing a RAF pilot's cap, leather flight jacket over a white blouse, red and brown striped stockings and leather flight boots.

"Wilma! What have I told you about sneaking up on me?" Mrs. Bishop growled at her eldest daughter.

"Naught tuh" Wilma answered in the cutest little girl voice she could while looking down and grinding one of her boot toes into the ground, a picture of innocence's and cowed submission.

Her mother didn't buy it for a second.

Dropping her innocent routine Wilma approached the two children unknown to her.

"So who are these two cuties?" Wilma asked as she gave Harry an evaluating look.

"Harry Potter and Hermione Granger, I'm giving them a place to stay and some training until their situation can be processed" Wilma stopped her inspection and gave her mother a searching look.

"Your giving both of them magical training?" Wilma asked in a disbelieving voice. Minnie was about to answer when a magical pulse made the two woman jump slightly. Both spun to find Harry glowing with a soft blue light that pulsed every second or so and was slowly getting brighter. Wilma practically had to scrap her jaw off the ground; she'd never meet or even heard of a male that could use magic but here was one.

Minnie thought wasn't looking at Harry; she was looking for the creature that would become Harry's familiar. Turned out that she didn't have to look very far as Harry's Snowy Owl Hedwig floated down to land in front of the meditating boy, spread her wings wide and gave a loud bark before she began to glow brightly herself. Then the noble bird seemed to turn into a shower of snowflakes that surrounded and were absorbed into Harry, turning his hair snow white and causing a tufted of feathers that look a lot like an owl's tail to poke out from under his shirt.

Harry slowly opened his eyes, revealing that they had also charged and were now a brilliant amber color, and slowly looked around; trying to get used to the sudden sensory overload that he was experiencing. Mrs. Bishop was grinning at him in triumph, which he returned; and there was a girl staring at him in open mouthed disbelief. For a split second he thought it was Lynnette, but a slightly closer inspection she obviously wasn't. This girl was older, had longer hair and her eyes were a slightly darker shade of gray. But the resemblance was close enough that Harry figured that she was a relative of Lynnette and Mrs. Bishop.

"Well it took you long enough" Mrs. Bishop said in a teasing voice, which earned her a slightly annoyed glare. He was about to say something back when a shout drew almost everyone's attention. Lynnette came sprinting around the corner like her tail was on fire.

"What happened? I felt a magical pulse, did on-" She stopped cold when she saw Harry's transformation and it took a couple of seconds for her brain to process what she was seeing, but when it did gave a squeal of joy and tackle hugged Harry. Wilma watched all this in shock for a moment before she developed an evil grin.

"Well, well, well what is this? Has our shy little Lynn found her first crush?" Lynnette stiffened and her cat ears and tail appeared in a similar state; then she turned and charge towards her sister.

"Wilma you meanie get back here!" Lynnette shouted as Wilma manifested her own ears and tail to magical boost her speed. Harry watched all this with mild confusion.

"What are they on about?" Harry asked Mrs. Bishop as the woman rubbed her forehead in annoyance.

"Your guess is as good as mine Harry" Mrs. Bishop would have said more but a flash of light and a pulse of magic behind them instantly drove everything else from their minds. Harry and Mrs. Bishop spun around, looking for the source of the light and magic, to see Hermione glowing in soft blue light with her bushy brown hair waving gently around her head.

As Hermione's glow got stronger several of the Bishops Scottish Folds trotted into the yard and give Hermione searching looks. One or two of the assembled cats looked like they were going to approach the girl when a loud 'merow' ripped through the yard and Crockshanks came bounding in. All but two of the Scotties bolted out of the anger fluffy ginger tiger's way as even the largest were barely half of Crockshanks's size, and that was before he puffed up. The two cats that stayed laid down where they were and let Crockshanks pass.

"What's happening" Wilma asked as she and Lynnette jogged back into the yard and quickly spotted Hermione and Crockshanks. The two girls join their mother and Harry as they watched Crockshanks step into Hermione's glow, and like Hedwig dissolved into bits of light that Hermione began to absorb. Within moments Hermione had a pair of large ginger cat ears that were very fluffy and a long bottlebrush tail with the same markings on them as Crockshanks's had.

"Whoo!" Hermione moaned as she shakily got to her feet. Lynnette stepped forwards to lend a steadying hand, and when she was sure the girl wouldn't tip off a strong hug.

"You two finally did it" Lynnette cheered as she spun Hermione around before setting her gently back on her feet and doing the same to Harry.

"Well we know that Lynnette is happy" Wilma said. Hermione focus on the unfamiliar voice and turned to the new girl.

"Please pardon my rudeness but who are you?" Hermione asked.

"Hermione this is my oldest daughter Wilma. Wilma, allow me to introduce you to my second temporary charge, Hermione Granger" Minnie watched as the two girls shook hands before she called everyone's attention to herself.

"Okay, that the easy part is done" Mrs. Bishop and Wilma watch in amusement as the three kids gave them disbelieving looks, "Tomorrow we will start on something a little bit more difficult".

"And what would that be ma'am?" Harry asked.

"Flight Training" Wilma said with a large grin.

The reactions of the two dimensional travelers were quite different. Harry was practically bouncing at the thought of learning to fly using a Striker Unit. Hermione on the other hand had gone very pale; she obviously didn't like flying very much. Harry seemed to notice Hermione's obvious bout of nerves and tried to tone down his own excitement so as not to make Hermione's nerves any worse.

Mrs. Bishop and Wilma noticed Hermione's reaction as well and decided to keep a close eye on her.


BREAK.


The next morning for Harry and Hermione started normally, but after the younger kids had been sent to school Mrs. Bishop loaded Harry, Hermione and Lynnette into her car, and with Wilma riding along on her motorcycle, drove through London and the surrounding countryside till they came to a guarded gate with a sign next to it.

Welcome To
R.A.F. Fighter Base
Biggin Hill

Minnie and Wilma showed their I.Ds to the gate guard, who cleared them to enter and had the gate raised so they could pass.

As they drove through the base Hermione forgot some of her preflight nerves as she saw a base that her parents had told her a lot about as it had been dearing the Second World War. Mrs. Bishop looked like she wanted to ask Hermione about what she found so interesting, but she instead focused on driving.

Finally they arrived at a hanger and runway that were slightly separated from the base and got out of the car.

"This is the training hanger. We'll be using it and this runway to teach you three to flight properly" Mrs. Bishop said as they walked towards the hanger's side door. But before she could reach for the handle it turned on its own and the door opened to reveal a young black haired woman in a black flight jacket and leggings. She was also wearing a pair of black slippers and had a rifle scope on a chain necklace around her neck.

"So these are the new recruits" The woman asked with a slight German accent as she gave the three younger kids a smile. Hermione and Lynnette relaxed a bit as the calm aura the woman projected washed over them.

"Yes Adolfine this is my daughter Lynnette and her friends Hermione Granger and Harry Potter" Harry noticed that while Adolfine wasn't being strict with anyone Wilma had stiffened as if she sensed danger.

"Excellent then lets begin" Adolfine led the way into the hanger and to Harry and Hermione's surprise to what appeared to be a classroom. After directing everyone to seats Adolfine went and sat on the desk in front of her 'students'.

"Today is going to be a fairly easy, just start up and taxi drills. Any flying we do will be with your instructors at the controls" two sighs of relief filled the room along with one groan of disappointment. Adolfine waited a second for the kids to give her their full attention before she continued "I will be serving as your primary instructor, and I might be able to convince Sgt. Bishop to help out and fill in if I'm called away" Wilma nodded to Adolfine at smiled at her sister and her friends.

"Well then now that that's out of the way let's get started" Adolfine again led the way into the hanger proper and over to a pair of cradles. In each cradle was a pair of five foot long red tube like things. Each tube split into two tubes for the top two feet or so, had a pair of ridiculously small bi-wings on the outer sides, large wheels sticking out of the bottoms on struts and an inch wide groove lined with metal about a foot up from the bottom.

"These are DH 82 Tiger Moths; we'll be using them for your basic flight train" Harry turned from observing the strange devises to see Adolfine and Wilma walking towards them. Adolfine had taken off her leggings and jacket with a leather harness around her torso and what looked like a parachute on her back. In Adolfine's hand were three more of the leather harnesses. The three kids eyed the harnesses nervously but Adolfine just smiled.

"These are just a safety precaution, if something catastrophic happens to the striker then we can bale out together no matter what" Adolfine said as she handed one of the harnesses to each of her new students and help them tighten them properly. She was just finishing up with Lynnette when Wilma re-entered the hanger, now devoid of her riding chaps and harnessed up. The two young women each climbed one of the cradles and slipped their legs into the back pair of hole in the Tiger Moths before Adolfine turned to the three kids and smiled.

"So who's first?" she asked.


Chapter End.
Sign up to rate and review this story