Categories > Anime/Manga > Ranma 1/2 > A Werewolf in Nermia

Chapter 7

by USA_Tiger 0 reviews

Category: Ranma 1/2 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Nabiki,Ranma,Ryouga - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2013-02-15 - Updated: 2013-02-16 - 1462 words

2Original
Disclaimer: The characters of Ranma 1/2, of course, belong to Rumiko Takahashi (and lots of others). Sati Li, and any other strays that may appear, belong to me, unless otherwise noted.

A Werewolf in Nerima

By: USA Tiger

Chapter 7

It amazed Sati that someone could have such a bad sense of direction, it really did. The boy, Ryoga, was standing there looking at a map trying to find the Tendo Dojo. Never mind the fact that the map was of Juuban and not of Nerima, he was standing right outside the gate of the very place he was looking for. All he had to do was turn around and see the sign. Sati reached out and tapped the fanged-youth on the shoulder, causing him to turn towards her.

"Can I help you with something, Cub?" Sati asked.

Ryoga had the vague sense that he had seen this woman before, but he couldn't immediately recall when or where that might have been. "Can you tell me where the Tendo Dojo is from here?" he asked, embarrassed as usual to be asking for directions.

"Turn around," Oh yes, his bad sense of direction was truly amazing, but she also found it rather amusing, as well.

Ryoga did as instructed and came face to face with the sign on the wall declaring the building within as the Tendo Dojo. He chuckled with nervous embarrassment, blushing, and reached up to scratch the back of his head. How could he have missed seeing that?

"Ranma isn't here yet; he's still at school at the moment. But you could come in and wait for him," Sati said as she opened the gate and looked back at him in invitation. Grinning sheepishly, Ryoga followed Sati through the gate and she then escorted him into the house to the main room. Looking him over, as this was the first time she had seen his human form, Sati had to admit that with his unruly black hair, cute little fangs, and rugged build, he was actually quite handsome. It was a shame really that he seemed so obsessed with Akane, but nobody said she couldn't attempt to draw his attention to her. Sighing, Sati shook her head at her present train of thought. After all, Ryoga was the same age as the boy she considered to be her youngest son. Not that it really mattered, of course. With the exception of Valamar's sire, all of her mates, both male and female, had been much younger than herself.

"If you'll take a seat at the table; I'll make us some tea and we can talk about some of your travels, while we wait for Ranma to get out of school," Sati said, before proceeding into the kitchen. She also needed to check on the chicken she was preparing for dinner that evening.

***

Sati was laughing hilariously as Ryoga told her of the time he'd found himself in a Nunnery, NAKED, after changing back into his human form and of his desperate attempts to escape from the male-starved women, when Kasumi returned from the theater. Sati noted that the eldest Tendo daughter looked better and more relaxed than earlier.

"Hey, Cub! Enjoy your movie?" Sati asked as she poured some tea for Kasumi.

"Yes, Auntie. The movie was quite enjoyable." Kasumi responded joining them at the table. "Hello, Ryoga."

"Hello, Kasumi," Ryoga responded in kind, then noted Sati hold up her hand and began a countdown, curling down a finger upon each number.

"5... 4... 3... 2... 1..." Then Sati pointed out into the garden towards the koi pond, where an object suddenly dropped into it with a large splash. A moment later, an irritated redhead broke the surface of the pond, spitting out water and muttering about short-tempered tomboys. "Wonderful splash, Cub! There's hot water in the kitchen."

"Thanks, Auntie," Ranma said, flashing her a smile before rushing past and into the kitchen. Not long after Ranma disappeared into the kitchen, Akane and Nabiki could be heard entering the house and announcing they were home. While Nabiki went up to her room to get started on her homework, Akane decided to see if Kasumi was home and to talk to her about what she'd done on her day off. Of course, she completely forgot about that upon seeing Ryoga at the table.

"Oh, hi Ryoga!" Akane gushed happily upon seeing him, and moved to sit beside him, pouring herself a cup of the tea before asking him about his latest adventures.

Ranma exited the kitchen, male once more, and frowned at the way Akane seemed to fawn over the eternally lost boy, before walking over to plop down at the table next to Sati.

"What did you do to make her mad this time?" Sati whispered into his ear, not having missed his earlier expression at his fiancée’s behavior towards Ryoga. Ranma released a frustrated sigh and explained about Shampoo's visit to the school earlier in the day.

"Oh, and she also said that Cologne wanted to know if you wanted to join her for dinner on Sunday, to catch up on things and maybe spar a little," Ranma added.

"Hmphf, she hasn't changed a bit," Sati snorted, leaning onto the table and propping her chin in her hand. "Cologne always did try to get others to do things for her. Don't get me wrong, that Amazon is a really good friend of mine, but even 200-years-ago she was getting others to do her leg-work for her. I guess old habits are hard to break, eh?"

Ranma smiled ruefully and shook his head. Sati never seemed to run out of things to amaze him with. He could remember sitting with her next to the campfire, when she had traveled with himself and his father, telling him stories of her travels and of the people she'd met. He hadn't even known until recently that she'd known the pervert Happosai, managing to scare the old man shitless, and the old mummy, Cologne. He should really ask her how she had met the two of them sometime. He managed to keep the frown off his face as he turned his attention towards Akane and Ryoga, who was still blushing a bit as he talked with her.

"So, P-chan, you didn't stay away as long as you usually do," he lightly teased.

Ryoga quickly lost his blush as he turned to glare at his rival, and growled, "Ranma..."

"Ranma, leave Ryoga alone!" Akane snarled at the same time, causing Sati to roll her eyes.

"Oh come on you two. Even I could tell he was just joking around. There's no need to get so angry over it," Sati said, laying a hand on Ryoga's arm to calm him down. She grinned as the fanged-boy became flushed and distracted at her contact. She was going to have fun with this one. Akane, meanwhile, simply huffed indignantly at being accused of overreacting and, after sending an angered glare in Sati's direction rose from the table and stomped her way out of the room and up the stairs to her bedroom.

Noting the time on a nearby clock, Sati stood up from the table, stretching, not so unconsciously displaying herself for Ryoga's benefit, and headed for the kitchen to finish preparing dinner. Pausing in the doorway, she turned back to face the boys, who were now glaring at each other over the table. "Why don't you two cubs go spar or something. I'll call you when dinner's ready!"

"Sure, Auntie! C'mon P-chan," Ranma said as he reached over to take Ryoga by the arm and lead him out into the garden.

"Don't call me P-chan!" Ryoga growled, shaking off Ranma's grip on his arm, but following him outside.

"Do you need any help, Sati?" Kasumi asked, still sitting at the table, but looking a bit out of sorts from a lack of having anything to do. "I wouldn't mind, really!"

"I suppose I could use some help on preparing the salad," Sati replied good naturally, still chuckling at the boy's banter. "You've relaxed for most of the day, which is good, but I guess old habits are hard to break! I don't want to hear anything about helping with the dishes, after dinner, though. All right?"

"Of course," Kasumi said, rising from the table. "Perhaps I'll watch some television after dinner, then."

"Works for me," Sati said then grinned devilishly. "Or, you could always go up on the roof and... watch the sunset with Ranma?"

Sati snickered softly at the contemplating expression that suddenly appeared on Kasumi's face, before turning back into the kitchen and caught sight of the calendar on the wall.

‘Shit! The full moon is tomorrow night!’

****

Edit 5-7-14: More spelling and grammar corrections. And changed Ryouga to Ryoga.
Sign up to rate and review this story