Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Ghosts That Are Never Gonna Catch Me

Ghosts That Are Never Gonna Catch Me

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 3 reviews

Gerard is haunted. He has been ever since the accident that stopped his heart. Lynz is confused, grieving her missing, presumed boyfriend. Will the truth come out, or will the Spirit World destory ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Horror,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-01-30 - Updated: 2013-03-30 - 344 words

1Exciting
The deafening screech of tires on concrete pierced my ears; the horrid, overwhelming stench of burning rubber polluted the air. Bleeding in the road was a young man, around my age, wearing leather jacket and steel toed boots. It took me a while to realise that the dying boy was me, and by then it didn’t even matter. I no longer felt connected to that weak body; I was floating high up above it. Finally free of mortal chains.
I never thought I would die young, never thought about dying at all actually. I mean, I was seventeen for Christ`s sake! My mind was preoccupied with the usual teenage boy things. Sex, how to get pissed without any ID, art and music. Mainly sex. Dying never came into it; wasn’t part of my plan. College was, I was going to have a bright future, maybe even meet a nice girl after my first (and only) relationship had collapsed in tatters. The thought that I would be another drunk driving statistic never even entered my mind.
The accident made all of the local papers; there was even a brief mention on a major news channel about the so called "miracle" boy. DEATH SMASH: TEEN CRITICAL AFTER DRUNK HIT AND RUN and LUCKY ESCAPE: BOY SAVED BY OFF DUTY NURSE were just a few headlines I recalled. I didn’t remember much about the crash, just a lot of blood and pain. And the strange feeling of floating away from my broken body. I most certainly didn’t feel lucky. An operation or two, thirty one stitches and a metal plate later and I was well on the rocky road to recovery.
For the next couple of months I suffered crippling headaches and blurred vision. Eventually they subsided and doctors said my recovery was incredible, the best they`d seen. Whoopi-fucking- do for them. My life had been forever altered; I had been forever altered, both mentally and physically. Eventually I was allowed back home, but that was when the real terrors began.
Sign up to rate and review this story