Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Sweetness

3

by LucyMayKumagoro 0 reviews

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Hisoka, Tsuzuki - Warnings: [!] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-07-29 - Updated: 2006-07-30 - 1001 words

0Unrated

"So, What's the bastard up to now?" Tsuzuki asked angrily when they reported back to the Ministry of Hades.

Watari finished clicking the keys of his computer with a little flourish and turned the monitor screen towards them.

"Frankly, I have no idea. I've been searching through all our records, and there's nothing unusual going on in Japan, much less in you jurisdiction. There is this, however," Watari said, pointing to the opened case file, which featured several disturbing pictures of what appeared to be robbed graves.

"Louisiana? The United States?" Hisoka asked, his eyes scanning the screen.

"Yes. We have reason to believe there's someone there practicing re-animation, that is, reviving souless bodies to walk the earth. It sounds like Muraki's style to me," Tatsumi said, pushing his glasses up.

"But that doesn't explain --" Tsuzuki started, cut off with a warning look from Hisoka. He didn't want them to know about the marks. It had been the first time since the previous morning that the younger shinigami had looked his partner in the eye.

"Oh, that's right! You said that you sensed him, didn't you Hisoka?" asked Watari. Hisoka nodded.

"Muraki has found a way to signal you somehow, it seems, to let you know that he is up to something. Which usually means a trap," Tatsumi said, threading his fingers together on the table before him.

"Well, his traps haven't exactly worked before, have they? We have to find out what he's planning," Tsuzuki said.

"Chief Konoe is on vacation, so I'm going to have to make a decision on how best to approach this matter myself. I need some time to establish contact with the U.S. division," Tatsumi said, rising from his seat and walking towards his office. He glanced back sternly. "And Tsuzuki, there'd better not be a trace of that eclair in your pocket that you've been sneaking bites of on my table."

Watari turned to them with a grin.

"So I hear you two spent a three day budget on an overnight trip. Somebody's going to get a lecture!"

*

Tatsumi had made contact and sorted out the details a few strained hours later. He called them back to the meeting room, presenting each of them with a thick manila envelope.

"I've sent them the case file on Muraki and explained your first hand experiences with handling him. You've been volunteered to assist overseas, as I'm sure you've suspected. There's information there on the events so far in the case, and the team of shinigami you'll be assisting. Do you have any questions?" Tatsumi asked, making it clear that he really wasn't in the mood to answer any. Hisoka remained silent, and Tsuzuki knew he'd be pushing his luck terribly to ask about the size of their budget. In the intervening hours, he'd already done some research on this Louisiana's place's cuisine, and he hoped there would be at least a little surplus for fine dining.

"Very well. Good luck to you both, and keep us informed," Tatsumi said.

"Oh my, this is very exciting! I wonder if you'll run into any vampires!" Watari said with a giggle. Hisoka fixed him with a withering look.

"We've run into vampires in Japan," he muttered, opening his envelope, and flipping through the contents.

"Oh, right. I guess you have. I've been reading too many novels," Watari said with a grin. "I wish I could come with you an brush up on my English. I've been working on a gadget to translate languages." Tatsumi gave him a stunned look.

"You have? That sounds -- remotely useful," Tatsumi said, impressed.

"Yes, I need it so that I can translate some documents I'm researching to help with my sex change potion!" Watari said cheerfully. Tatsumi was shaking his head as they left the meeting room.

Tsuzuki opened his mouth, but realized he wasn't quite sure what to say. Hisoka walked quickly, darting ahead of him in the narrow hallway, muttering something about going to the library to read up on something before they left. Tsuzuki watched his small form disappear, hanging his head in defeat.

His thoughts drifted to that morning in the hotel room, with a deep frown. Hisoka had pulled away from him when the marks appeared, watching his face with the most agonized expression he'd ever seen from the young man. So many emotions had been present on the troubled face that turned from him, that it tore at him deep inside to recall. Such disappointment, shame, and bitter self loathing had bled into those widened green eyes in that brief and terrible moment, before the boy seemed to shut down, and fold in upon himself like a fan. Tsusuki ran his hand through his dark hair, thinking of how different Hisoka had seemed just seconds before. He'd been so close to uncovering that side of him that had been buried under the pain and memories of abuse, so close to actually seeing him unburdened and happy.

He wondered if he'd ever have such an opportunity again. He'd never felt more helpless and useless in his long existence than when the snake like tendrils, the rusted red stains began to engulf and mar the flesh of the man he held and loved so dearly. There was no way to kiss away that kind of pain, to erase such embedded scars on his mind, soul and body. All the love and tenderness he had ached with just moments before turned to ice water, and then numb nothingness.

Hisoka had pulled the bedclothes around him, sobbing with anger and frustration, and all Tsuzuki could do was leave him be. He'd gone to the bathroom, overwhelmed with nausea, disgusted with his own weakness and inability to comfort Hisoka. When he returned to the bedroom, the lights were out, and an eerie silence had come over the room. He had gone to Hisoka's side, and the steely expression that greeted him was impenetrable.

"Go away. Just go away," came Hisoka's choked whisper.
Sign up to rate and review this story