Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sticking It Out

Seventeen

by thatcrazedfan 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-02-17 - Updated: 2013-02-18 - 985 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sunday Night
Gerard

“Mr. Way?” The voice on the other end of the line sounded familiar, but I couldn’t quite place it.

“Speaking.”

“Sorry to bother you at such a strange hour, but this is Officer Turner calling from the police station.” My heart stopped beating. Had they found Frank? Was he going to be coming home to me? I hoped so. I wanted to see him, needed to see him.

“Did you find Frank?” My heart felt like it was about to beat out of my chest.

He sighed, “I’m afraid not. I’m calling to tell you that I sent out an official report this afternoon. We’ll be looking for him. I’ll let you know as soon as we find anything.”

I nodded into the phone, my heart sinking in my chest. All I wanted was Frank back, so I could tell him how much I loved him, and--

Emily. I had almost forgotten about her. I’d told her just this morning that she was the one. I’d meant it too, but now I wasn’t so sure. Maybe I didn’t belong with anyone. Love shouldn’t be this hard.

“Umm, okay. Thanks for calling. I guess.” Before he could say anything else, I hung up. Of course I was upset Frank was still missing. He meant a lot to me, he always would. But now, I wanted him back and safe so I could break his heart. It made me feel terrible.

Frank deserved better than this, and so did Emily. When I saw Frank again, I would still leave, but not for Emily. I didn’t deserve love from either of them. Everyone would be better of if I just stayed alone for the rest of my life.

When did I become so terrible? I used to be a nice person. I used to believe in love, and the sanctity of marriage. Never in a million years did I think I would get divorced. Marriage was forever, for better or worse. Yet here I was.

There was a soft knock on the front door, bringing me out of my thoughts. “Gerard, it’s me. Emily.”

Without hesitation, I stood up from the couch and walked to the front door. As soon as I pulled the door open, I saw her standing there, smiling at me. She was so beautiful. “What are you doing here?”

She shrugged, “I just wanted to see you.” She kissed me. It was short and sweet, and filled with love.

I was just saying how I would end it with her, because she deserved better. Yet, here I was. I just couldn’t find the words, and honestly, I didn’t want to. In that moment I decided that I was going to change. I was tired of breaking everyone’s heart. I loved her too much to just let her go.

Besides, I couldn’t stand to break any more hearts.

“I just got off the phone with the police.” I grabbed her waist and pulled her to me.

Her eyes widened, “What happened?”

“Officer Turner just called to tell me they were still looking for Frank.”

She chuckled slightly, “I guess that means we’re still on.” She looked down at the floor, avoiding my gaze. “Unless you changed your mind again.”

“No. It’s always going to be you, no matter what. I promise. Whether they find him or not.” I knew with my whole heart, what I was saying was the truth. I know I’d told a lot of people that I loved them and that they were the only one for me, but this time I was truly sure I meant it. There was that small nagging feeling in the back of my mind that told me I felt the same way about Frank, but I chose to ignore it.

Something that felt this right, couldn’t be wrong.

She stepped away from me and sat down on the couch. “Do you think they will?” She paused, turning to look at me. “Find him, I mean?”

I sat down beside her, sighing deeply. “Honestly, I don’t know. I want them too. I feel like I at least owe it to him to tell him everything. He’s been through so much, and at the end of the day, he’s still one of my best friends.”

She wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her head on my shoulder. “But I really don’t think they will. If he was still alive, they would have found him a long time ago.” I shook my head. “I know it sounds terrible, but that’s what I believe. And to be honest, that hurts me more than anything else.”

It was something I hadn’t really thought a lot about until recently. Whether or not the police would ever find Frank. In the beginning, sure. I could only hope for the best, but now. Now I wasn’t so sure.

“No matter what the outcome, everything will turn out alright in the end. I promise.” She was right. Either way, I would end up with the person I loved more than anything.

I pulled her onto my lap, and kissed her forehead. She raised her eyes, meeting my gaze before kissing me passionately. Her hands were on my sides in a second, grabbing at the hem of my old ratty t-shirt. Occasionally, her fingers would press against my skin, and all I could think about was needing more of her touch.

We went on for a long time, just kissing and feeling each other. Completely content. Until suddenly, she swung her legs around me and pinned me against the back of the couch. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she wanted more. And I wasn’t about to stop her.
Sign up to rate and review this story