Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Awkward Newb is Awkward

by lapetitefleur 11 reviews

In which I finally introduce myself to Ficwad.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-02-24 - 563 words

0Unrated
Hello, I guess. I don't really know how to start this, so bear with me here. As you've most likely figured out by this point, I'm new to Ficwad. Well, new-ish. I created this account about a month ago, but up until now, I've been too lazy to write an introduction post. Anyway, since I haven't got much else to say, here's some info so you guys can get to know me better. (I know there's some sort of Ficwaddian profile thing, but I didn't feel like finding one and then copying it, so I made up my own.)

Name: Eden

Age: 14

Gender: Pretty sure this is a vagina. But then again, maybe not. Hell, I'm probably some sort of weird intersex alien thing.

Sexual orientation: Bisexual.

Location: Eastern Iowa. That's as specific as I'm getting.

Hobbies: Writing, reading, acting, photoshopping my face into various pictures (What? Don't look at me like that.), thrift store shopping, hiking, reading Nicki Minaj forums for lulz.

Favorite books in no particular order: All of John Green's books, Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, The Vampire Chronicles series by Anne Rice, the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, Good Omens by Neil Gaiman, most of Stephen King's stuff, The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth.

Favorite bands and musicians (Again, in no particular order): The Dresden Dolls (And really, anything else that Amanda Palmer is involved in. That woman is basically my Jesus.), The Mountain Goats, Kate Nash, Los Campesinos!, Regina Spektor, The Kills, The Sounds, Bjork, Florence + the Machine. Also, I have the soundtracks to a bunch of Broadway musicals readily available at all times.

Favorite movies: BIRDEMIC: SHOCK AND TERROR. Please tell me I'm not the only person on here who's seen that movie. Other than that, I like Rent, Edward Scissorhands, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Delicatessen, Harold and Maude, and The Shining, among others.

Favorite TV shows: Downton Abbey, Supernatural, Sherlock, Doctor Who, The Big Bang Theory, Skins (The British version, anyway. Haven't seen the American one, though I've heard it's terrible.), The Inbetweeners, Hetalia, Adventure Time, Star Trek (Especially Next Generation.), Torchwood, Girls.

Ten random facts about yours truly:
1. I'm 5'4".
2. My biggest goal in life is to become the next Beyonce. nods
3. ^ Just kidding. I'm an awkward, stick-shaped white girl who can't dance to save her life, so that's probably not going to happen.
4. I'm a Nerdfighter.
5. I play the ukulele.
6. I prefer rain to sunshine.
7. Pretty sure I was a sassy, flamingly gay man in a past life.
8. I'm obsessed with musical theatre, in case you couldn't tell.
9. I'm barefoot ninety percent of the time.
10. (I use parentheses a lot. Probably more than I'm supposed to.)

If you ever want to talk to me, you can drop me a line at eesmith1999@gmail.com . I love talking to people, so chances are I'll respond to you. Just let me know that you're from Ficwad so that I don't freak out over why some random stranger is emailing me.

I really hope that I'll be able to become friends with some of you guys, because you all seem cool as fuck and also because I'm really awkward, so I have like, two irl friends. Anygay, bye for now, and thanks for reading this.

-E
Sign up to rate and review this story