Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Sticking It Out

Twenty-One

by thatcrazedfan 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-02-28 - 1070 words - Complete

1Moving
Monday Night
Frank

I refused to believe that he was really gone. Just a few minutes ago, he was alive and well, and now he was gone. Dead because Bert and his sister.

“How could you?” Bert fell to his knees on the other side of Gerard’s body. He turned to face his sister who was still standing in the corner of the room.

She looked up and shook her head. Tears were streaming down her face. “Bert, I’m so sorry.”

He slammed his hands down on the ground. “I should have just left you alone. Then none of this would have happened.” he looked up at me, meeting my eyes. He looked genuinely sorry, but I didn’t care. Gerard was dead because of him, whether he pulled the trigger or not. It was still his fault. “I should have never gotten into this. You two were happy, and I just ruined everything. Again.”

I nodded. “Yeah, you did. You ruined everything! Gerard and I were doing just fine and then you decide that you still love him! Why can’t you just stay out of other people’s business.”

Bert looked away from me. “Frank--”

I shook my head, furious. “No! You don’t get to talk anymore! You took everything from me!” I was crying again, my voice breaking. It made me sound when weak, and I hated it. Right now I needed to be strong. For me, and for Gerard.

I still couldn’t believe that he was gone. Just like that.

“Don’t yell at him. It’s my fault. I’m the one that shot him, not Bert. If you want to be mad at someone--”

Bert cut her off. “No, Ems. It is my fault. He should be mad at me. If I would have just left things alone none of this would have happened. You might have been the one to shoot him, but only because of me.”

She walked over to Bert and fell down beside him. She wrapped her arms around him tightly, and he was hesitant at first. Still upset about what she had done, but eventually he gave in. He buried his face in his shoulder and cried, for a long time. I sat there and watched, glancing down at Gerard’s lifeless body every once in awhile, hoping that he would get up and be fine.

While Bert and Emily were crying, I got up and grabbed the nearest phone. With tears in my eyes, and a hole in my heart I dialled 9-1-1. As soon as someone answered I told them everything. They kept asking me all these questions, and I tried to answer them, but eventually it all got to be too much and I just collapsed on the ground, sobbing.

The phone fell beside me. I could vaguely hear the person talking to me, but I couldn’t make out what they were saying. I knew they could track my location, and eventually the police would be here.

I wrapped my arms around myself, completely broken. Everything was finally starting to sink in. Gerard was gone, and never coming back. I was all alone. There was no one else that I ever loved like I loved Gerard. I wasn’t sure if I would be able to live without him.

It felt like my heart was shattered. I hadn’t felt this miserable since Bert raped me, and Gerard stopped talking to me.

After what felt like hours, I felt a pair of hands grab my shoulders. They turned me around before shoving me on the ground. Above me, Emily was furious. “Did you call the police?” She sounded frantic.

“I’m going to jail!” She grabbed my shirt collar and slammed me against the floor. “Are you stupid?”

“Jail is where you belong. You killed Gerard!” I almost spat in her face, but before I could, Bert grabbed her arms. He hugged her and started whispering in her ear. I had no idea what they were talking about, and I didn’t care.

Bert was probably telling her that everything would be fine, that he would figure a way out for her. And it made me sick. Even though Bert cared about Gerard almost as much as I did, he still would hate to see his sister get locked up.

It was only a few minutes later that I heard sirens. Emily looked like she’d just seen a ghost. She knew she was going to jail, even if only for a little while. In a way it made me feel a little better. At least the person who killed Gerard would be getting some sort of punishment.

But it wasn’t just going to be Emily getting locked up. Bert would go to prison too. He planned this whole thing. Maybe killing Gerard wasn’t the ending he planned, but he still planned on murdering someone. He was going to prison, and I would be the one to put him there.

The police stormed into the house, and I watched as they grabbed Bert and Emily, handcuffing them and then leading them out of the house. One of the police officers walked over to me, a smile on his face. “Hello, Frank. I’m Officer Turner. We’ve been looking for you.”

Gerard. I should have known he would have had the police looking for me.

He held out a hand and helped me onto my feet. Silently, he led me out of the house just as the EMTs came in with a gurney. I almost started breaking down again at the sight of it. The gurney was for Gerard. Because Emily had killed him.

As soon as we were on the front lawn, police cars and an ambulance filling up my sight, I collapsed against Officer Turner’s chest. It felt like a weight had been lifted now that I was out of that house, and away from Bert. But at the same time it felt wrong because Gerard wasn’t going to be with me.

A//N: I just want to let you all know (if anyone is still reading this, which I highly doubt at this point), that there are only like two chapters after this. I'm working on something new, but I have no idea when it'll be ready to be posted. Anyway, keep reading! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story