Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Thousand Words

Chapter 9

by The-Corpse 1 review

Surprise...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2013-03-01 - 1691 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9:
Hozzie's P.O.V.

After lunch with Frank, I decided that I wasn't exactly feeling well so I went home. 
Since I practically have no ride,I pull out my old beat up sidekick and texted my mom to come get me. No reply still.
I was so focused on my phone that I didn't see a car pull up beside me and a voice say. "You know, the project insist that we at least hang out" I would always recognized that voice. It was Gerard. I looked up to see him sitting in his car just staring at me. "Where you going?" he asked once he finally realized I wasn't going to be answering back. I sign: 'Home', before looking back down at my phone and still having no reply from mother.
"Aww, come on don't be a stick in the mud" he said it so whiny that it actually made me want to punch him. Repeatedly.
I sign: 'shouldn't you be somewhere else?'. "Actually I was just going to your house and see if wanted to go to a party?"
I sign: 'Thanks but I think I'm gonna pass' 
My phone vibrated once, telling me I had a new message.
Gerard called, he said he would pick you up

Great mom thank you for being here when I needed an excused to get away. "Hop in!" he said with an annoying smirk on his face. Sighing I stood up and walk around the car, sat in the passenger seat. 

The car ride wasn't really at any times awkward. In fact it was pretty comfortable, like it was normal for us to be friends. Although I doubt we will ever be  his friends with most people and I rather choose my friend extra carefully. I just didn't want to get hurt. 

I look around the car, messy and only one thing caught my eyes and that was the sign language book on the floor. I bend over to pick it up and to my surprise it was the complete edition. I look over at Gerard as he looked back me, before looking back at the road. "I bought it so that I could communicate with you, understand you better" he said as a smile took up my face. "You didn't have to, but it is a nice gesture" I said with a smile still on my face as I opened the book. That is before everything was fine and the car stopped abruptly. I looked at Gerard and he was staring at me in shock. "You talk?" he said with slight excitement. And the realization of what now happen came crashing, how could I just forget so easily. I've been mute for years! 

-------------------------------

I couldn't really handle it, Gerard's questions I mean. The guy would talk like his life depended on it and I wish he would breath in between his question, so that I know he might not passed out. As soon as he started, I got out of the car and headed onto my way home.

And that is where I was at the moment, at home, on my front porch. I took my key out opening the door and then locking it behind me. The lights were all out so I knew mom was still at the center helping out. 

I went into the kitchen, not bothering to turn the light-switch on. The dark was more comforting than anything.
I walked over to the fridge and got out a Mystic mini bottle. I took a huge gulp, when I heard the doorbell ring. 

The clock on the wall indicated me that it was 9:45 already. I swear that in this neighborhood there would be nobody here at this hour. I walked to the door, trust me I wouldn't have opened it but something told me that I was in no kind of danger.  I opened the door to find Gerard standing there. And before I could even get a word out or at least move my hands at an incredible speed he said, "You can talk!". It didn't even sound like a question but me being who I was had to answer. This time with my own boys. "Yes, yes I can" i didn't even recognized my own voice I guess that is what happens when I don't use it for a few long years. "There you just did it again!" the doctor said that if I started talking it would probably amaze people that didn't know of my actual conditions. So everyone just decided that I shouldn't talk until I thought it was time for me to go. Who knew that I could end my life just by talking. 

I look back up at Gerard who was still looking at me as if he was talking to a fucking unicorn. Don't know why I just thought that it's not like I'm mystical or something. Oh that reminds me of the Mystic I left in the kitchen.
I left Gerard standing there at the door an walked back into the kitchen grabbing it again and taking another big gulp. I knew Gerard had entered when the lights suddenly turned on. 

"How come you don't talk often? Instead of making everyone believe something else?" he said, getting over with the initial shock and now wanting some answers, which by now he knew that he wasn't getting any.

I turned back around, after setting my juice on the wooden counter. I knew that I couldn't speak my much and I really dint want to answer his questions so I just stared back at him without uttering a word.

-------------------------------

Jennifer's P.O.V.

I was in my room laying on my bed doing some math homework (Never said I was good and that this answers were actually correct) when my mom called me from downstairs. With a big sigh, I stood up, walked out of the room, down the hall and downstairs. I was seriously not expecting Gerard Way to be standing there. Especially wearing a 'The Misfits' tee. They were Hozzie's favorite band at the moment.

"What's going on?" I asked my mom who was still standing there, the both of them looking at me."Well this young man says he knows you!" my mom said in that cheery tone of hers. She just worked a double shift how in the h can she be so cheery at the moment?
"Hey Jennifer" Gerard said with a small wave and a smile. "Hey" I said, we have never really talked so this would be our first words to each other. And let me say this was the most awkward I've felt around him. 

By now Gerard was fully in the house and the front door had been locked. "Why  don't you head to the library and talk?" mom said before walking back into the kitchen to finish cleaning the dishes. 

I motioned for him to follow me as I started walking past the stairs an down the hall. I looked back and sure enough he was following me. 
Once inside the room I asked, "Why are you here?" I knew it sounded a bit rough, I was absolutely curious and I really wanted to find out why. "Well..uh.. Look I'm sorry for coming here at this hour and with any king of warning, but Hozzie won't talk to me and I'm desperate" he said, and I saw his eyes pleading at me but I was so confused. Hozzie knows she can't talk.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him. Then he just proceeds to tell me everything that had happened that afternoon. I sat on the small couch still thinking of why would Hozzie talk? All I knew is that I didn't want to lose me best friend.

-------------------------------

Last night Gerard left without any answers. I figured it wasn't really my place to answer. 
I got up from the bed and made my way over to the bathroom. After taking a short shower I got ready for school in my usual clothing. Skinny Jeans, a black tee with the word 'random' all over it in a rainbow and white converse. I know they are probably out of style but I can't seem to throw them away.
I did my simple make-up for school and curled my hair. 

After I was done I walked downstairs. Mom was there making some breakfast. Nobody knew that Ray was my cousin and that he was staying with us, because his parents are going through a divorce at the moment and they were just too busy to look after him, so mon suggested for him to come live with us.

"Hey Ray" I said as I sat next to him on the table. All I got was a grunt in response. It was all I eve got coming from him any way so this was pretty normal for the both of us. At least we communicate, it's something? Right?
I started eating the cereal that was put in front of me. Mom always insisted on serving us, not that I was actually complaining but I wish she would let me help. Maybe then I would learn how to cook one day. Meh, moving on. 
I heard a honk outside as Ray stood up, leaving his empty plate on the table. I'm guessing that was Gerard outside. I finished eating and stood up. Walking to the door after saying goodbye to my mom. I picked up my bag and a hoodie. Winter was slowly closing in so the weather was getting a bit more cold.

I walked to the bus stop in silence. That is where I always meet up with Hozzie and Frank. Seeing as neither of them have cars and I'm practically too lazy to actually learned how to we take the bus. Frank actually does have a license, just no car.
After waiting like 10 minutes people had started showing up, but still no sign of Frank or Hozzie. 



-------------------------------
Next Chapter will be posted when I receive at least 3 reviews, it is already written by the way!
Sign up to rate and review this story