Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

Power - Redefined

by deathdingle 0 reviews

Something happened on a mission between the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the chunin exams. Naruto went missing, now he's back and things are changing. How will this effect his path. Same as FF.net but upg...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Hinata,Naruto - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-03-05 - Updated: 2013-03-05 - 7836 words

-1Cliche
Authors notes:



"Hey" General talking

"Hey" Biju, summon and other mystical being's speech

'Hey' thought, of any being





I'm sure some of you will have read this before on FanFiction. Yes I am the same writer so I obviously have permission. As I upload this story on here I'm going to be going over each chapter and fixing it up a bit.



PR



Power - Redefined



Chapter 1 - Awakening





He woke up, looking around him he could see nothing. It was completely black but he could tell that he must be in some kind of tunnel or cave because he could feel the uneven stone floor under his back. It wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world.



Authors notes:



"Hey" General talking

"Hey" Biju, summon and other mystical being's speech

'Hey' thought, of any being





I'm sure some of you will have read this before on FanFiction. Yes I am the same writer so I obviously have permission. As Iupload this story on here I'm going to be going over each chapter and fixing it up a bit.



PR



Power - Redefined



Chapter 1 - Awakening





He woke up, looking around him he could see nothing. It was completely black but he could tell that he must be in some kind of tunnel or cave because he could feel the uneven stone floor under his back. It wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world. He vaguely remembered being in some sort of liquid, it was green and he could see people moving around in front of him and very obviously outside of the liquid. He remembered something being dropped into the water from the top and another liquid rose up from the bottom of tank. The rising liquid was blue and a lot warmer than the green one that just seemed to vanish as some kind of reaction took place. His memory was blank after that until he woke up moments ago.



"Alright kid time to find out where the hell we are."Said a voice in his head.



"Oh really! And how exactly do you propose to do that?" he replied, speaking out loud.



"Simple really, I'm going to give you a new set of eyes."The voice said matter-of-factly.



"Huh, how the hell can you do that?" He asked surprise apparent in his voice.



"I can do many things that would normally be impossible, I'm the reason you've not died yet." Replied the voice.



"But I thought you had to have kekkei genkai to begin with."He was curious and annoyed now, he knew he didn't have a bloodline and he was pretty sure that without one this being talking to him from within his own head could do nothing.



"Ah but that's where you are wrong." Said the voice sounding slightly cocky, having apparently just read his thoughts. "You already have a kekkei genkai and one of the strongest bloodlines around, but with no-one to teach you how to activate it or use it, it just lay dormant. First I'm going to make it even more powerful, if you thought that the Byakugan or the Sharingan where strong yours will make them seem no better than normal eyesight in comparison. Then I'm going to teach you to activate it and use your new abilites." Said the voice.



"OK then so what is my natural bloodline then?" He asked the voice.



"The Fuengan: It's a powerful combination of Byakugan, Sharingan and a few other things one is a kind of genjutsu, another is in a class of its own and the rest I can't remember right now. Now to give you a small history lesson before you bombard me with questions. Your clan dates back over 3000 years and was one of the first to have a kekkei genkai. Both the Hyugas and the Uchihas are descended from your clan, although both clans know it and would never admit it, and they each only gained a fraction of the full power, in order for the Hyugas to maintain theirs their eyes had to change and loose their pupils, the power the Uchihas took didn't need to the eyes to change too much but had one slight draw back, because of the level of power the eyes possessed they had to create a way of blocking the power so that only when aperson was capable of handling the eyes up to that point could access that power but your clan again had a slight difference, the chakra reserves at any given age where at least 3 times that of normal shinobi at a similar age, so your clan never needed any control measures put in place. It did have one problem, it could only use one of it's abilities at a time, now then first things first, I'm going to activate your kekkei genkai." Said the voice.



His eyes felt strange as chakra surged into them opening the gates to pathways he hadn't used before.



"Right, now that's done, next is to explain the other skills of your eyes. Let's start with a knowledge dumb on what ultra violet light is and infrared light, your eyes can see both of these." That hurt Naruto's head. "Your eyes also have the ability to see in any level of light, even total darkness. The genjutsu ability will create 2 kinds, the first is similar to standard genjutsu but is a minimum of 5 layers deep right now, with time and practise more will come and the second creates a single layer far more real and far harder to break than standard genjutsu, with time the number of layers you can put into it can be increased but each extra layer means using the same amount of chakra again so 2 layers would double the normal charka used, 3 would treble it and 4 would quadruple it and so on for each extra layer. Now for my gift, as I told you your abilities can normally only be used one at a time but I'm about to change that, you will now be able to use one of each of your abilities at the same time, so for example you could use Sharingan, Byakugan, a 5 layer genjutsu and night vision at the same time but you couldn't use night vision and ultra violet vision at the same time." Said the voice.



"That's great and all but how the hell do I actually get the abilities to work?" He asked.



"You make it sound so hard when it's ever so simple. Just think about the ability or abilities you want to activate and focus chakra into your eyes, once your eyes are active they will stay active and change what they are doing with a mere thought until you either run out of chakra or deliberately turn them off. Unlike the Sharingan and Byakugan they will stay active even while you're unconscious and if you're knocked out at the same time as you loose the last of your chakra they will automatically reactivate when you have enough chakra stored up, now give it a try." The voice said.



He carefully focused the chakra into his eyes and focused on activating the Byakugan and the night vision suddenly the world around him lit up as though there where lights every were and he found he could see in a dome around him, it was strange for him to not only be able to see straight ahead but behind, above, to both sides and below himself as well.



"Now I have two more small gifts for you. The first is hearing more sensitive than most animals and the second is a sense of smell on the same level these should make your life a lot easier." It said. Naruto was only barely paying attention to the voice. He looked around and could see he was in some sort of cave but couldn't find any way to get out; as far as he could see the cave just stretched on and on in both directions with neither turns nor ends.



"OK you seem to be struggling a bit here kid so listen to me, focus on what you can hear." The voice said calmly. He did so and could hear the wind moving through the cave despite being unable to feel it. It was going from in front of him to behind him.



"There you go kid, now you know which way to go to get out." The voice said. He started walking forwards avoiding the various outcroppings of rock along the floor that he would have walked into if not for his newly awakened abilities. Slowly but surely he made his way to the end of the cave and out into the early dawn that awaited him outside. He found himself standing on the top of the Hokage monument but towards the back of it out of sight of the village itself. Turning off his night vision he looked down at his clothes and realised they weren't his normal orange jumpsuit but instead he had baggy black jeans and a black t-shirt with black boots on his feet.



"Any idea what happened to me?" he asked the voice.



"Yeah, you and the rest of your team were requested for amission and were dispatched. Unfortunately it would seem that it was a trap to get you, they took out your team and left them there, near as I could tell they were all alive just badly beaten and unconscious, then they took you to some underground lab, I have no idea where, they did something to you but I can't tell what or if it was just one thing or many, beyond that I don't know, Icertainly have no idea how we ended up in that cave" The voice replied.



'I hope the rest of my team made it back alright.' He thought.



"I guess there's only one way to find out." He said to himself as he started walking up to the top of the monument and towards the village of Konoha as he reached the top and looked over an explosion rocked the ground and sent chunks of earth from the wall a short distance away from the main gate into the air. He knew something was happening and he wasn't about to sit back and watch while someone attack his home.



PR



As he ran down one of the streets Shikamaru appeared out of a side street and nearly fell over just catching himself and carrying on running when he saw him.



"Naruto? Where have you been, you where listed MIA two weeks ago." Said Shikamaru pushing his pace to run alongside the blond.



"No time to explain right now, we gotta find out what caused that explosion." Said Naruto, keeping his eyes on the main gate. As they arrived at the place they saw that the wall had a hole blown out of it and sound ninja where pouring through the opening. Other leaf ninja were already arriving and had begun to engage the sound ninja. Upon seeing the two young genin one of the sound ninja came at them from the side, kunai poised to attack.



While Naruto had shut off the night vision aspect, his Fuengan's omni-directional vision was still active and he saw the ninja coming at him. Biting his left thumb he pressed it onto his right forearm, a summoning seal appeared on his arm and a kunai appeared. Quickly grabbing the kunai in his left hand he spun and threw it at the approaching ninja. The ninja had been so sure that he hadn't been seen that he was surprised and unprepared to see a kunai flying at him and couldn't react to dodge it. It struck him square in the forehead just below his forehead protector, sank in to the hilt and killed him instantly.



Naruto figured it best not to ask how he could do it in the middle of a fight and instead just activated the Sharingan part of his eyes and began to summon more kunai from his arms, quickly firing them at sound ninja both engaged in combat with leaf ninja and those still coming through.



"Shikamaru!" Naruto shouted.



"What now?" Asked Shikamaru in his usual dull tone of voice.



"Is Sasuke in Konoha?" Naruto asked as he threw another kunai at a sound ninja that was trying to sneak up behind him and hitting him square in the chest with it.



"Yeah, why?" Asked Shikamaru apparently a bit curious now as he lazily dodged a strike from one sound ninja and then controlled his shadow to force him to strike another in the heart.



"Good." Said Naruto as he formed 4 hand signs in rapid succession and slammed his palm on to the floor, a summoning circle shot out from around his palm, as the smoke cleared an 8 foot tall fox with 4 tails slowly came into view. "Help the leaf ninja, I need to find someone." He said to the fox.



"Sure this looks like fun." Said the fox, as something resembling a sadistic grin stretched across its muzzle.



"Shikamaru come on, I need to find Sasuke." Shouted Naruto as he ran off. Shikamaru quickly followed to avoid being left behind with amumbled troublesome.



'You did that didn't you.' Thought Naruto, directing his thoughts at the voice that had been plaguing him since he woke in the cave.



"Of course, just another little gift from me. Saves you the hassle of summoning those damn toads, they don't listen to you half the time anyway." Replied the voice.



'Yeah that's true, stupid toads. So what's the best way to find Sasuke?' He asked.



"He's the one that's got the Sharingan isn't he?" Asked the voice.



'Yeah, why?' Naruto was a little confused as to why they wanted to know.



"OK that makes life easier. There's one more ability your eyes have, by focusing on a kind of kekkei genkai that's descended from yours that you want to find your eyes can lock onto and track each and every person around that has it, they can also point you in the direction of the nearest person with that kekkei genkai. With time you'll be able to locate any type of kekkei genkai this way but it takes practice to find them, but your blood already knows about those descended from it so it can find them easily." Replied the voice.



'Alright, thanks for all your help, planning on giving me more in the future or is it a one day special?' Asked Naruto.



"I'll see." Replied the voice. Naruto stopped suddenly in the middle of the street, catching Shikamaru off guard and causing him to have to back track to where the blond had stopped.



"Right time to find Sasuke." Said Naruto, closing his eyes he started to focus, suddenly his eyes flew open and his head snapped to the side.



"This way." He said as he took off running down the nearest side road on his left.



"How in the hell does he suddenly know where he is? Troublesome."Shikamaru muttered as he ran after Naruto. As he was running up to another side road his eyes caught sight of Neji Hyuga round the corner.



"Neji, come on we're gonna need all the help we can get." He shouted stunning both Neji and Shikamaru. Neither could work out how he had known Neji was there. Each boy made a note of it to ask about later but dismissed it for the time being as they followed Naruto through the streets, twisting and turning. Naruto followed the signals that his eyes gave him turning left then right then left again into different streets to keep as straight as possible.



As he got closer the signal his eyes gave him started angling upwards, so he jumped. He saw the surprise on Neji and Shikamaru's faces as they shared a look at his actions but followed him none the less. Once on the roof tops his eyes seemed to lock onto someone moving off in the distance, he quickly jumped from roof top to roof top moving on an intercept course with Neji and Shikamaru following along, completely dumbfounded and more than a little curious about how Naruto seemed to know exactly where to go. Naruto quickly jumped from rooftop to rooftop continually gaining on Sasuke, it barely took a minute before the last Uchiha came into sight.



"Sasuke, over here!" Naruto shouted catching the Uchiha's attention. Sasuke quickly turned and headed towards Naruto, Shikamaru and Neji. As soon as he arrived he noticed a difference in Naruto's eyes.



"Naruto what's happened to your eyes? They look like a cross between a strange version of Sharingan, a weird Byakugan and something else that I've never seen before." Said Sasuke, Naruto's disappearance had hit him much harder than he had expected and brought on a change in the boy.



"I'm not surprised, my kekkei genkai has been activated." Replied Naruto with a broad, cheeky grin.



"OK, but why does it look like it's got Byakugan and Sharingan mixed together?" Asked Neji, his curiosity getting the better of his cold, stoic nature.



"Well that would be because it basically is. It's the kekkei genkai that both Sharingan and Byakugan descended from. I can probably help you both to access the most powerful parts of your kekkei genkai." Replied Naruto.



"What are you on about Naruto, there is no more power in the Byakugan." Said Neji firmly.



"And the extra power in the Sharingan can only be unlocked when you have enough chakra to do so." Continued Sasuke, unwilling to divulge the true means of attaining the Mangekyo Sharigan to those not of his clan.



"OK then if you don't believe me Sasuke look into my eyes and I'll activate the next stage for you right now." Said Naruto, determination clear and strong in his voice, as it always was when he was challenged on something.



"Fine let's see if you can." Replied Sasuke. Figuring he had nothing to lose he looked into Naruto's eyes. As he watched Naruto's eyes started to glow then, he tried to keep his eyes set on his team mates but they quickly began to feel strange and began to sting. He blinked to clear them and when he opened his eyes again the world around him seemed to have slowed down as though his Sharingan was active but he couldn't feel any chakra being used by his eyes.



"It's done." Said Naruto as he averted his gaze, to the ground and closed his eyes.



"OK, that's different." Said Shikamaru as he looked at Sasuke's eyes, his curiosity peaked again.



"What's different?" Asked Sasuke, still unable to tell exactly what had happened with his eyes or see what they looked like himself.



"Your eyes, instead of the tailed balls of your normal Sharingan they look like they've got three fishing hooks in them." Said Shikamaru.



"Your normal Sharingan won't take anywhere near as much chakra to use its abilities and you've gotten a few new tricks with the Mangekyo Sharingan. I'll activate the next stage when you're used to that one. Hey Neji how about I activate your Byakugan's extra abilities now?" Said Naruto, brining his gaze from the floor to look at Sasuke again and then moving his attention to Neji.



"You can try but like I said there's nothing there." Replied Neji, his tone arrogant as ever and tinged with disbelief. This could change alot for him if Naruto was right.



"Alright then look into my eyes." Said Naruto seriously. Neji followed the instruction, focusing his eyes on Naruto's as the blonde's eyes started to glow again. Neji could feel the chakra behind his eyes creating new pathways and it felt like his actual eyes where changing too. Shikamaru watched amazed, first Naruto had activated a kekkei genkai that he hadn't even heard of, then he'd advanced Sasuke's Sharingan and now he could see Neji's eyes develop pupils as he watched. They seemed to be changing to be more like normal eyes but still kept a look of having had Byakugan with pale irises and awhite pupil, they also seemed to take on a slight orange hue to the irises.



"I think you can be pretty sure he's done something to them Neji. By the look on your face I'm guessing your Byakugan is still active and working fine but your eyes now look more like normal eyes." Said Shikamaru with a tinge of satisfaction in his tone. It was always nice to see the arrogant and haughty kicked down a couple of pegs.



"There's more to it than that. You should be able to follow objects that are moving even faster than you could before and you should be able to see in infrared now too." Said Naruto.



"How can I do that?" Asked Neji, too surprised by the changes he could already feel in his eyes to hold on to his haughty and arrogant attitude.



"The seeing fast stuff will just activate with your Byakugan like normal. To activate the infrared vision all you have to do is think about it and focus some chakra into your eyes and it'll activate." Said Naruto.



"Okay now that that's all sorted, why did we need Sasuke and what are you planning to do?" Asked Shikamaru.



'Well I'm guessing the second part of the final stage of the chunin exams went ahead as planned' said Naruto



"No they didn't. Since many of the nobles were coming to see the prowess of the last of the Uchiha, Sasuke was given time to recover after the beating he took on your last mission. The water kunoichi that was left was called home because her father died a week before the third round was due to start and with you MIA, Neji asked Haishi Hyuga to see if he could get them postponed because he wants to prove to you that you're a failure, so they've been put back 3 weeks, but it would seem that Orochimaru decided he wasn't going to wait." said Shikamaru.



"Double perfect. OK Sasuke, Neji it's time for you to put your new skills to the test, we're going to take down Orochimaru!" Said Naruto with a grin, he then shifted his gaze to Shikamaru. "Shikamaru can you devise some sort of plan on the way?"



"Troublesome. Sure, but I gotta say I think you're crazy, taking on Orochimaru ain't gonna be a walk in the park ya know." Said Shikamaru.



"Yeah, yeah, you just come up with a plan." Said Naruto. They once again started leaping from rooftop to rooftop this time in the direction of the Hokages tower. Sasuke and Neji were quickly finding their eyes to be far more effective at their normal functions and they had both realised that along with the new abilities they had gained they also had a small but noticeable increase in their chakra levels, or their newly upgraded eyes took a lot less chakra. With Naruto leading the way they'd just landed on a rooftop when 3 sound ninja jumped up onto the other side of it.



"We don't have time for this!" Shouted Naruto as he charged at the 3 ninja. As he approached them red chakra covered each of his hands and quickly formed into blades, he put his hands together and they formed a single blade 10 feet long. Bringing it down to his right side, he swept it in an arc in front of himself without breaking his stride. The massive, bright red blade easily sliced the 3 ninja in half, their bodies falling to the floor with blood spraying everywhere except on to the 4 of them. The 4 genin ran past the dead sound ninja in a dead sprint as the chakra blade dissipated, most of the chakra returning to Naruto and the rest vanishing into the air.



'That was your doing wasn't it?' Naruto thought as he continued to run.



"Gee you think." The voice said its tone easily giving away the intended sarcasm. "Like you said, you don't have time for that sort of thing. So for now I'll just take control of your arms and use my chakra to solve these little problems. I'll teach you the techniques I use and a few extras when we have time for it, we certainly don't have time for it now."It said seriously.



'Alright, new jutsu!' Naruto thought happily, he was always a sucker for the chance to learn a new technique. 'By the way is there anything more about my kekkei genkai that would help?' Asked Naruto.



"I sure there is but I can't quite remember. I'll keep trying and let you know as soon as I remember anything." Said the voice.



'Alright, now to kick Orochimaru's wimpy ass.' Thought Naruto. The 4 genin were almost at the Hokages tower. With just 2 more jumps they could see a large square, purple barrier on the top of the Hokages tower and after 3 more they could make out several ANBU black ops including awhite-cloaked captain outside it apparently unable to get in.



"Troublesome. If you want to help we're going to have to get through that and I have no idea how." Said Shikamaru in his usual droll tone.



"I remember one now kid. You should be able dispel any energy based barrier regardless of strength by channelling chakra through your hand and touching it." Said the voice. As they continued to approach they could see there was a second barrier within the first, probably there to protect those holding the barrier up.



'Awesome, that's just what we need.' Thought Naruto. "Another part of my kekkei genkai means that I can dispel a barrier of any type or strength by just touching it." He told them with a broad grin.



'Troublesome. Well I guess that's that problem solved. The best plan of attack is going to be for Sasuke and me to take the back and Naruto and Neji to take the front, our chance of success is at its best -around 30 percent." Said Shikamaru, he didn't much like the idea of suicide but he knew he'd end up helping them one way or another. Besides, it was too troublesome to argue.



"You'd probably be right based on our previous ability levels but I think our best chance will be with Sasuke and me up front. We can keep him pinned with very powerful kekkei genkai genjutsu and while he's stuck you and Neji can hit him from the back. We'll win no problem, you'll see." Replied Naruto.



'Troublesome. Why did I even bother come up with a plan if he wasn't going to bother using it, then again like he said I am basing it on what the three of them where capable of not what they are capable of.' Shikamaru thought.



"Naruto, what are you talking about, I don't have a kekkei genkai genjutsu." Said Sasuke, put off by Naruto's statement and his apparent knowledge of the Mangekyo Sharingan's techniques. They were supposed to be heavily guarded secrets of the Uchiha clan. Naruto was naturally bull headed and simple, so he took Sasuke's statement at face value; that Sasuke didn't know what he could do now.



"Trust me Sasuke, you do now and when the time comes you'll know exactly how to use. I'll use mine first and trap him then you'll be able to use yours without him even trying to fight it." Said Naruto with his usual bravo and endless wells of confidence as they landed on top of the Hokages tower. As always this confidence seemed infectious as soon Neji and Sasuke were smirking along with him. Shikamaru shook his head at it but found himself breaking into a smirk as well. He looked to his comrades and gave them a nod. As they landed on the roof of the Hokages tower one of the black-cloaked ANBU there turned around to look at them.



"What are you genin doing here? You're not ready for a fight like this, Orochimaru is far out of your leagues. Sasuke Uchiha you've already been marked by him, you should be staying as far away from him as possible." Said the ANBU, his mask had a sharp, curving nose painted yellow and large eyebrows to, loosely depict an owl.



"You want the barrier down to get the Old man out or not, and I do mean get him out not fight alongside him?" Asked Naruto.



"We certainly want into the barrier, why?" Asked the ANBU, deliberately only answering half of Naruto's question as the other ANBU listened carefully.



"Then get out the way and leave this to us." Said Naruto firmly but cheerfully. The ANBU quickly moved aside allowing the genin to get to the barrier. They planned to let them open the barrier if they could then, knock them out and one of them would take them to safety. They had forgotten that few plans involving Naruto not made by him ever work out close to intended. Naruto, Sasuke, Neji and Shikamaru walked up to the barrier then Sasuke, Neji and Shikamaru stopping just in front of it while Naruto carried on and soon as it seemed like he was going to hit the barrier face first the barrier dissipated when his hand touched it and he walked on into the second barrier and to the surprise of the 4 ANBU as soon as he hit that barrier it too dissipated.



The moment it fell all 4 of the genin disappeared, hurrying inside to look for the Hokage. It didn't take long for them to find their leader and Naruto instantly appeared in front of the Hokage, standing between him and Orochimaru.



"It's time you left Old man, we'll handle this guy." Said Naruto as he looked at Orochimaru, the same man that attacked his team in the second test of the chunin exam. Many other ninja would shake in fear of the thought of having to face a member of the Sannin once. This time Naruto stood confident, knowing he could take the man, if he could really still be called that.



"How can you hope to defeat him, he's one of the Sannin, the best of my former pupils?" Asked the Hokage as he looked at the young boy standing in front of him, worried for the safety of the young boy and his friends when facing down such a powerful foe.



"Relax Old man, we're way stronger than we used to be." Said Naruto looking over his shoulder to smile at the Hokage, it was then that the Hokage saw Narutos eyes and the change they had undergone. Seeing the 5five-sided black stars around the pupils of the boy's bright blue eyes Hiruzen realised that the most powerful kekkei genkai ever known was once again active and under the control of a loyal member of the hidden leaf village.



"Alright Naruto, he's all yours." Said Hiruzen as he relaxed his stance, while the hard look in his eye made it clear he had not dropped his guard yet. "Make him pay for his crimes, against our village and her people." He said firmly. He could not truly convey the feeling pride he had for the young man standing in front of him. That would have to wait until after this was done and they were off the battlefield. Once Konoha claimed victory and the smoke had cleared he would make sure the village knew of the boy's bravery and his kekkei genkai.



It was the most powerful to have ever come out of The Village Hidden in the Leaves: The Fuengan.



"You got it Old man, now get clear." Said Naruto with his typical broad, toothy grin.



"Oh Sarutobi-Sensei you aren't leaving the party already are you?" Asked Orochimaru. While his tone was light and playful, as if he was inviting the man back into a birthday party or a disco, his voice alone sent shivers down the spines of those who heard it and it was clear he was trying to kill his former teacher.



"Yes I am Orochimaru. It is past time I allowed those of the younger generations their chance to take you down. I know, you know that Naruto here is the container of the nine-tails and he's an Uzamaki as well, I'm sure you remember their kekkei genkai don't you, the Fuengan. You're fully aware of the, Sharingan possessed by Sasuke since you already have your sights on it. Neji is the best and brightest of this generation of Hyugas and no one possesses a stronger Byakugan. I know as well as you just how many times Shikaku Nara saved your life during the last war and just how many times his planning got you out of a tight situation I'm told Shikamaru is even better than his Father at thinking in the heat of battle." Replied Hiruzen with asmile on his face that grew each time he relayed more information to his former pupil and watched his face drop further with each and every piece he heard.



"No this can't be! These clans shouldn't even be able to stand being near each other never mind fight together." Said Orochimaru a look of pure terror on his face, the rivalry between the 3 clans of doujutsu users was infamous and had been known to cost Konoha many missions over the years, so many that it had been unheard of since the middle of the second war for any 2clans to be on a single team. The Nara's problem stemmed from the loss of their own clan members on such teams.



"We'll do more than just fight together, we'll fight as ateam! We aren't just a few ninja from different clans, we're ninja of the Leaf and friends first and foremost!" Said Naruto a wide grin on his face and fire burning in his eyes.



"No that's impossible, the Uchiha and Hyuga elders should have prevented it." Cried Orochimaru despairing more and more with each time he was told something that would never have happened before.



"And they say you're a genius? You've forgotten that you chose me because I'm one of only 2 remaining Uchihas and I intend to kill the one who killed the rest of the clan. There are no Uchiha elders." Said Sasuke in surprise. How could someone claimed to be so smart really forget such information?



"Like I'd listen to the elders of the main household, they're the reason my Father is dead." Said Neji his voice and eyes betraying the hatred and contempt he felt for those who handed his Father over to the Hidden Cloud village just to be killed.



"What can I say? These guys are worth the effort because Iknow they'd put it in for me." Said Shikamaru a rare smile gracing his lips as he knelt with his hands holding the seal for his families techniques, ready to use them at any moment.



"I don't have any family, I grew up an orphan, outcast by the village. There wasn't anyone to tell me who not to talk to except me. These guys knew me before knowing about the fox and they know that the fox doesn't control me so even now that they know they don't care. They're still my friends. As for my clans problems with other clans, I couldn't care less! We'll forge a new future with those problems left in the past!" said Naruto, slowly starting to build up his chakra.



'Hey how about lending me some chakra to give this guy more layers of realistic genjutsu then he ever imagined normal genjutsu could have?'Naruto asked, he was ready to teach the snake a lesson for attacking his home.



"Now that sounds like fun, sure thing take as much as you need." Replied the voice



'Alright, thanks.' Naruto thought. He quickly started drawing out the chakra and mixing it with his own. As it mixed he quickly started focusing the chakra into his eyes. When he had enough, he made his move.



"Fuengan style: Visual Jutsu - power hunger." Naruto shouted whilst giving a look that seemed to bore into his very soul to Orochimaru. Orochimaru was used to dealing with genjutsu of all kinds and was ready for the feelings that usually came with it and looking for anything that was out of place but nothing seemed to have happened. He was still standing in exactly the same place as he had been with not so much as a cloud or shadow out of place.



"Either this is an excellent genjutsu, far better than any Ihave yet to see or you just failed miserably." Orochimaru chuckled, his tone taunting, clearly showing his belief that he had yet to be hit by a genjutsu.



"Argh! Why didn't it work?" Naruto asked himself aloud in obvious frustration.



"Mmm, well maybe it did. I think I'll dispel it, just in case." Said Orochimaru putting his hands together into the sign of the ram, the normal dispelling seal for genjutsu, and pulsed his chakra, causing it to destabilise for just a moment. In that moment the world went black before the'world' quickly reappeared again looking just as it had before.



"Well it looks like you managed to break the genjutsu so we're just going to have to take you head on!" Said the Naruto standing in front of him and as one the



PR



Meanwhile:



"OK Sasuke get ready, he's broken the first layer of my genjutsu and thinks he's free." Said Naruto with a grin anyone familiar with his pranks would know and fear. The 4 genin were still standing in the same places they had been in surrounding the Sannin. Orochimaru hadn't actually moved a muscle even to talk in over a minute. Despite this the pale man's chakra continued to leak out of him and saturate the air around them.



"What are you talking about now Naruto?" Asked Neji already long past sick of the nearly constantly cryptic messages and statements. Neji was in doubt that most of them were probably due to the information being passed through Naruto immediately after he'd informed by his tenant, who seemed quite forgetful with the information, which Neji could forgive given the Fox's unimaginable age. The rest was probably due to Naruto's own scatterbrained nature.



"The genjutsu created by Fuengan are so powerful that they create the illusion purely in the victims' head. Orochimaru thinks he's fighting us right now, he's dispelled the first layer and it's taken quite abit out of him but he's still got 4 layers to go before he gets out and each time he's going to need more energy. The fights he'll have'll be harder each time so it gets more and more realistic, but we're not gonna give him the chance. Sasuke can use his Mangekyo Sharingan and trap him in a fifth layer of genjutsu again, but it'll be fully real to him and Sasuke'll be in control of it. Then Neji can close off all of his chakra points. Since I can only open mine with some help from the fox, I really don't he'll be able to. Shikamaru can use his cool shadow jutsu to hold him in place so he can't run off while we tie him up. Then Sasuke can let up on the genjutsu and by the time he get's out of it he'll be nearly dead, if he lasts that long anyway." Said Naruto his grin still firmly in place and his eyes locked with the Snake Sannin. He knew the effects of the Gentle Fist on his body, having had a sparring match against a younger Hyuga a week before the mission after they had had a disagreement, not that he could remember what they were arguing over.



"Alright Sasuke go ahead and start." Said Shikamaru with asigh of resignation, knowing he couldn't come up with anything better anytime soon. "Naruto since when have you been able to make a plan like that so quickly?" Asked Shikamaru, surprised by his friend's sudden progress and capability.



"I dunno." Said Naruto with a shrug. "I don't have any idea what happened to me in the 2 weeks I've been gone. All I do know is that the nine tailed fox ain't gonna let me be controlled unless he's the one doing the controlling and he doesn't seem to want to do that anymore, so whatever they did is only going to be of benefit to me." Replied Naruto.



"Troublesome, ok." Said Shikamaru, too lazy to press the issue, he needed time to think things over and come up with a plan. While Naruto and Shikamaru talked Sasuke been busy channelling chakra into his eyes for his genjutsu.



"I'm ready Naruto." Said Sasuke. Hearing his team mate Naruto altered his genjutsu so that Sasuke appeared in front of Orochimaru in it, timing it so that the elder ninja would have no time to react as Sasuke activated his genjutsu and caught Orochimaru as Naruto dropped his own, keeping his own eyes ready to take over in the event Orochimaru managed to break free of Sasuke's.



"Neji start cutting off his chakra." said Naruto when he knew that Orochimaru was securely locked in Sasuke's genjutsu.



"Right." Said Neji, darting forward to stand directly behind Orochimaru he activated his clans most powerful Gentle Fist combination. "Eight Trigrams: one hundred and twenty eight palms!" Neji Shouted as he began his attack calling out each doubling number from 4 as he quickly and accurately injected his chakra into 128 of Orochimarus chakra points instantly closing each of them before Sasuke's genjutsu finished. Orochimaru fell limp on the floor exhausted mentally and physically unable to move.



"Kukuku, it would seem that you've teamed up rather well to take me out. Your genjutsu was most impressive, I could barely tell it was genjutsu. Truly impressive but do you really think that simply blocking their chakra points would stop any of the Sannin? You are years too young to defeat me boy." Said Orochimaru his hands forming the ram sign as he quickly started building up the chakra and tried to push it out only to find that he couldn't. "What have you done to me?" He cried out in anguish as his face showed the horror and fear in had not felt for several years.



"I closed off the chakra points around your chakra centre so it can't build up enough momentum to break out and reopen your network. The only one who I have heard can open them after that has been done is Naruto and that requires the use of the Nine tailed fox's chakra to overfill his chakra centre forcing them open." said Neji dispassionately, the changes occurring having solidly proved his previous beliefs wrong. He had much to think on but knew that the heat of battle was not the place to do it.



"No, how could you have done that, it's impossible, I will not lose here!" Screamed Orochimaru.



"By the way, you're still in a genjutsu and with your chakra sealed you can't dispel it. Slowly but surely your body will die and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Your arms are already dying and your legs will begin to follow soon." Said Naruto, his confidence as strong as ever as he stood triumphantly before the incapacitated missing ninja.



"Kukuku, is that so?" Asked Orochimaru from his position on the floor. "I hate to disappoint you boy, but as long as I'm still conscious Ican still dispel genjutsu." Pulsing his chakra and breaking the illusion as he spoke. The reality that met him was of Naruto standing in front of him holding a kunai to his throat while he was held in place by the clan jutsu of the Nara boy behind him. Fortunately for the Sannin, just before Naruto could deliver the final blow the sound four, his elite body guards and Kabuto Yakushi, who had acted as his spy within Konoha, appeared. Kabuto knocked Naruto away while the sound four each took up a defensive position in the path of one of the Konoha ninja. Kabuto quickly grabbed Orochimaru around the waist and dropped several smoke bombs allowing the six of them to disappear in the cloud of smoke and escape from the battle.



"Damn, we lost him." Said Shikamaru stuffing his hands into his pockets and kicking a stone as the smoke cleared.



"Don't worry about it, he won't last long. It will take time for even a skilled medic to release his chakra. By the time they are safe enough to begin his arms will be useless and his legs will not be far behind. When his chakra is release it is not going to be pleasant." Said Neji calmly.



"In what way?" Asked Shikamaru.



"It will hurt, a lot." Said Neji. As the hyuga finished speaking a loud shout broke the silence and a huge raccoon appeared just outside the walls of the village and already began moving, quite slowly for its size, towards Konoha's walls.



"Damn it, just when it seems like I'm done there's always something else I've got to take care of." Said Naruto in irritation as he started jumping in its direction. His plan wasn't particularly complicated; do anything and everything in his power to make sure it didn't reach the village walls.



"That's Shukaku. I used to wreck a village or two a year alongside him about a century before I ended up in you." Said the voice with a hint of fondness to its tone, probably remembering good times it had had in the past.



PR



Well that's it for the first chapter, sorry it's long but I've decided that each chapter I write for this fic is going to be no less than 5000 words, but it might help by cutting down the number of chapters or could just mean more chapters with more detail, this chapter finished with 5,715 words without the header and this dialogue, other chapters could be longer still.



Revamp note: I can tell you that I've added nearly 2000 words to this story in my clean-up operation with a word count of 7,470 without the opening and closing notes and titles. Truthfully I think this could be better described as a full-blown post-production betaing than a simple clean-up and spell check, I can't believe my writing was so poor. It's actually taken me the better part of a week to complete this, I'll admit to doing other stuff in between but I expected it to take no more than a couple of hours, maybe a day or 2 at most. With that in mind I'm not sure when the next chapter can be expected but rest assured as soon as it's done I'll be posting it.



Next chapter: Battling demons, Hiashi Hyuga's reactions, signs of relationships, the chunin exams and thoughts of a new Hokage: Chapter 2 - Emotions Awakened
Sign up to rate and review this story