Categories > Games > Star Ocean: The Second Story

Star Ocean 2: Extended Story

by AngelsRCryin 0 reviews

Celine and Opera's daughters meet by accident in Expel. When the old generation of Star Ocean heroes goes missing, they are obligated to investigate and discover that a left out evil is getting it'...

Category: Star Ocean: The Second Story - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Celine Jules, Filia, Leon Geeste, Opera Vectra - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-06-09 - Updated: 2005-06-09 - 1093 words

-1MarySue
Star Ocean: Extended Story

Written by: AngelsRCryin



Summary: Celine and Opera's daughters meet by accident in Expel. When the old generation of Star Ocean heroes goes missing, they are obligated to investigate and discover that a left out evil is getting it's revenge. FemalexFemale pairing.

Disc One: Navigation 01: Royalty Crashes

The echoing of high heels was thrown about the hall in uneven waves as Angel tried to adjust the cursed shoes. "I. Hate. High. Heels---" she griped, nearly losing her balance.

Angel was royalty. Inherited only. She didn't want to be a princess (as was the trend nowadays). Her mother used to be a treasure hunter named Celine Jules, but now she was Queen of Cross alongside King Chris of Cross. Angel's mother had told her about her many treasure hunting adventures and they intrigued her. She wanted an adventure, too. She had heard her mother had saved the world once, too, but she wasn't sure if it was true.

Angel adjusted her pinned up hair and glasses, then made her way into the audience room. "Sorry, I'm late again."

"Princesses shouldn't be late," Celine said. "It's quite unladylike."

"Sorry, Mother," Angel said, bowing her head. "What is it you called to see me for?"

Celine smiled, then handed her daughter the golden ring from her hat. "I want you to have this, now."

"W-Why?" Angel stuttered. "Are you going away?"

"No, darling. I just think it's time you have it."

"...alright. Thank you, Mom." Angel gave Celine a hug and then bowed and left the room. She couldn't help but feel a little guilty, and wonder whether or not her mother knew she was leaving that night, with or without her parents [or all of Cross for that matter]'s permission.

That night Angel sat at the edge of her bed, gently tracing the silk lining and the fluffy pillows. She went over to her treasure chest and pulled out some things to put into her large purse.

'I'm sorry, everyone. I have to go on my own adventure. I don't want to be here. I want to see the world.'

She finished packing and then went over to her closet. She had to pick something aside her dress to wear, something fitting for a sexy adventurer such as herself. "This one..." she decided. She removed her formal attire and put on the more casual outfit and looked herself over in the large mirror.

The ring her mother had given her floated above her head much like a halo, accenting the signs of the elements printed onto her forehead. Her auburn hair was pinned up neatly still, so it wouldn't hide her shoulders that were revealed by the beautiful white dress. The dress was hand dyed, depicting the images of the two moons, pink and blue that hung even in the cloudy skies at night. Her back showed, revealing the runes imprinted on her skin. She smiled, then slipped on some proper shoes and grabbed her purse.

"Here I go!" she exclaimed, still standing at her doorway. "... Well, maybe after I say goodbye to my mother...No... As much as I want to... I can't... they'll force me to stay. This is something I have to do!"

Angel peeked her head out from her room, noticing guards playing poker towards the right. Thankfully that wasn't the way she needed to go. She headed to her left and down the stairs. She quickly exited the large room where the secretaries usually took names for people who wanted audiences with her parents, and then fled the castle. Once outside she noticed how cold the air was and the wind that howled through the long passage from the castle into town.

"I can't believe my Mom met her friends in this park circle..." Angel said, gently taking a seat on the bench, just for a moment, so she could take in the little city before going out to explore the world. The two moons shined brightly in the sky and everywhere was quiet. 'So quiet at night, in this town,' she thought. 'Well, I better leave before someone finds me.'

+++

It had been a long travel to Mars, but Angel had made it overnight. She removed the bracelet around her hand that bared the name of her family and placed it in her bag. She couldn't wear it anymore. At least here, she could live amongst the Elders and work on her magic skills. But first she needed to find an inn. She would be staying awhile and would need some form of shelter.

"Excuse me," she said, trying to sound as causal as possible. "Are there any rooms available?"

"Sure, that'll be 110 Fol."

Angel handed over the amount, and was handed a key. "Thanks," she said, then headed up the stairs. "Oh-I may be staying here awhile... is that alright?"

"As long as you can afford it. You don't get out very much, do you?"

Angel hurried on up the stairs and unpacked her things in her bedroom. After doing so she headed back downstairs. The owner looked to her. "You look like a mage I used to know," he said.

"I hear that from a lot of people, Mr..."

"Finn."

"I'm looking for a place to train... is there a school or somewhere I enlist?"

The owner gave the girl an odd look. "Everyone trains in the forest."

"Oh... okay. Thank you."

"A polite one, you are."

Angel left the inn quickly, embarrassed at her own ignorance. She held the small staff in her hands and looked around. This village was small and peaceful. But at least it wasn't DEAD QUIET like the castle. The air was so nice, green surrounded her; the atmosphere was so nice.

Clunk!

"Ouch!" Angel exclaimed, falling onto her back.

"I'm sorry." An old man stood above her. "I'm blind as a bat, I don't know you're excuse, though..."

"It's my first time here... I was on my way to the Heraldry Forest..."

"It's just down this path, here, Missy."

"Thanks..." she replied, and bowed on accident, then continued onward to the Forest. Inside she seemed to lose whatever confidence had been about her. It was much scarier in the forest than in the town. But then that was expected wasn't it? She continued on, until she realized the forest was absolutely void of anything to fight!

"What's up with that?" she remarked. "Is a sorceress as sexy and smart as me already THAT intimidating?"

"Help..."

"Hmm?" Angel turned around. She could have sworn she had heard something.
Sign up to rate and review this story