Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Saints Peter and Alexander

13

by KarmaKid94 1 review

Chapter 13

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2013-03-08 - 1453 words

0Unrated
Pairing: Pikey (Pete/Mikey)

"Gerard?" Mikey spoke once they were in a van and on their way to the airport.

"Yeah, Mikes?" Mikey hesitated.

"Umm, I have something to tell you guys." Frank flipped out immediately.

"PETE GOT YOU PREGNANT?! I'M GONNA BE AN UNCLE! I'M GONNA BE AN UNCLE!" Ray slapped a hand over Frank's mouth and nodded to Mikey.

"Continue."

"Umm, I got married today." Eyes widened all around.

"You wanna run that by us again?" Bob asked.

"Pete and I got married today. That's why we stayed behind in New York." Gerard's expression softened as he looked at his little brother.

"Mikey-" He began gently.

"Gerard, can we not talk about my judgment right now? The only reason I even told you all is because we want to have a honeymoon. Cortez can cover for me. I already asked. He'll be in Plymouth by the time you guys get there. It's only for two weeks and we're going to be in England the whole time."

"Why England?" Frank asked, puzzled.

"Because it's hard to wear black in Hawaii, we wanted to be fairly close to you guys, and I personally want to be somewhere that I don't have to mime everything I want to say and have the natives laugh at the stupid Americans."

Despite the incredulous looks and the general protest they'd been expecting, it was fairly quickly agreed that Mikey was; in fact, an adult. It took a little longer to convince Gerard that that meant he couldn't keep Mikey from going on his honeymoon. Even with a promise to behave themselves and be back as soon as possible, the look in Gerard's eyes was half sorrowful and half-concerned when he looked at Mikey. His gaze was positively murderous when it was directed at Pete. That was how Pete figured out that he wouldn't be leaving America without a very stern talking to and possibly a fist in the face. He was therefore unsurprised when Gerard wordlessly pulled him away from Mikey once they reached their terminal. When Mikey started to protest Pete shook his head, pressed a kiss to his husband's cheek, and whispered that he'd be back soon. Mikey looked at Gerard with the same sadness Gerard had expressed to him earlier. But that sorrow was tempered by a sternness that Gerard didn't think he'd ever seen before.

"Don't you dare damage my husband, Gee. We only have two weeks for a honeymoon. I need him fully operational." Gerard went green but the anger in his eyes lessened some at the conviction in Mikey's face. Whatever he might have been thinking before, he at least knew Mikey was a somewhat willing participant in their marriage ceremony. Even if that only meant to Gerard that the fucking contract WAS legally binding after all. After they'd gone further down the hall so that no one in the terminal could hear, Gerard turned on Pete with all the fierceness of a she-bear protecting her smallest cub.

"What the fuck do you think you're playing at, Wentz?!" Gerard sneered. "You two are keeping something from me- no, not past tense. I know there's more to it than a secret wedding- and I can tell that you're not willing to tell me. But you're going to anyway. Understand? I don't care what any fucking contract says, Wentz. He was mine first and he'll be mine long after this STUPID, spur of the moment decision backfires on him and sends him into another bout of depression that I'm going to have to deal with. I'll do it. Gladly. He's my baby brother and nothing he could ever do would make me stop loving him with everything I have and everything I am. And that is precisely why you are going to tell me what's going on right now. And then you're going to go back to New York, you're going to get the marriage annulled, and then you're never going to speak to him again. Do I make myself clear?" Pete sneezed and wiped his eyes.

"Sorry. I think I must be allergic to bullshit." He felt a respectable amount of pain as his left eye was filled with a flash of white and then stars. He stumbled back a single step from the force of it, then straightened. He stubbornly refused to touch the already forming black eye. "Are you done?"

"NO! I'M NOT DONE, WENTZ! BECAUSE YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT THIS ISN'T A FUCKING GAME! DO YOU REALLY CARE THAT LITTLE ABOUT HIM?! DO YOU SERIOUSLY NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WHAT THIS WILL DO TO HIM WHEN IT ENDS?!" Realizing how loud he was yelling, Gerard took a deep breath to calm himself before starting again, more quietly but just as furious. "You've spent the entire first leg of this tour gathering materials and constructing a time-bomb, Wentz. Don't think I haven't noticed. You armed it with that little ceremony of yours. You had a time in mind when you did it. I don't know what time that was but it's going to change right now. It's about two minutes from zero and when it hits zero you will be standing in front of my brother, my favorite person in the world, and telling him that this whole thing was a mistake. That it was stupid. You'll tell him what a despicable human being you are and you'll tell him that you don't deserve him. For the first time since you met him, you will tell Mikey the truth. Also for the first time since you met him, you'll do something that's not selfish. You'll end this before it can hurt him any more than it already has. And then you will leave. You'll walk out the front doors, you'll call a taxi, you'll go to a different airport, you'll catch a flight back to California, you'll change your phone number, and you will delete Mikey's phone and mine from your contacts and from your memory. And you will NEVER speak to either of us again." Pete's jaw dropped. He'd expected a lecture on irresponsibility. He hadn't expected this. He really hadn't known until that point exactly what Gerard thought of him.

"No." Gerard went from red to purple. Pete was a little bit worried about him. He'd read somewhere that that was a sign of a stroke.

"What?!" He hissed.

"No. I'm not sure exactly what I did to give you such a low opinion of me, Gerard. But I love Mikey. And I think you at least know that Mikey loves me. What I don't understand is how you could ever believe that anyone was capable of not loving him. He's calm, he's sweet, he's funny, he's dependable, loyal, gorgeous, mature, wonderfully childish, loving, smart, and probably the strongest person I've ever met. He gives off this defenseless vibe in waves that just makes you want to grab him and hide him away from anything that might want to hurt him. That's a big reason why I didn't hit you back. I can't blame you for wanting to protect the kid. Hell, I've wanted to protect him from the first time I met him. You met him a couple of minutes after he was born. I can only imagine how much that instinct is multiplied for you. But the only reason he really is defenseless is because he cares about everyone else more than he cares about himself. He's the most self-sacrificial person I have ever met. He may be the baby of your group, but I think maybe you're the only person who sees what I see. He's the ONLY thing that holds you all together. He's your common ground. He's your kid, he's Frank's playmate, he's Ray's best friend, and he's Bob's weakness. He has his role in all of your lives. And all of those roles are important. But he's MY heart, Gerard. And as much as you hate me, you can't condemn me to death. You can't take Mikey away from me. A body can't survive without a heart, but a heart can't survive without a body either." With that, he gave Gerard one last saddened look and then turned on his heel, returning to Mikey. Who immediately began fussing over his eye and giving his brother a death glare.

"Don't do that." Pete murmured. "Who knows, the plane could crash and kill us all and that glare might be the last communication you two ever have." Mikey's eyes widened and his mouth fell open in shock before Pete's solemn expression became too much and the laughing fit that followed forced him to collapse into strong, tattooed arms. Safe and sound.
Sign up to rate and review this story