Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > What Goes Around

3

by PrisonRiot 1 review

Chapter 3

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [X] [?] - Published: 2013-03-12 - 1522 words

5Ambiance
The next morning, Gerard did his best to clean the remaining blood off his face and cover up his bruises so that they weren’t on show for that evening. It was midday, so he decided to go grocery shopping with the tips he made yesterday. He placed a hundred and twenty dollars on his dresser, underneath a large wooden box.

He dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans and a baggy jumper and left to go to supermarket, keeping his head down as he trudged through the busy grey streets. He idly picked up a shopping basket as he entered the massive store, filled with mothers and young children as it was a week day. He took a handful of strawberries from the fresh vegetable stand and kept them in his pocket, eating them slowly as he wandered around. He stocked up on tinned soups and a loaf of bread, before deliberating over coffee brands.

“Hello?” Came a voice form behind him as he felt someone tapping his shoulder. Gerard whipped around to see who was touching him. His face was vaguely familiar and Gerard squinted to see if it would help bring a name to his mind.

“Hi...?” Gerard tried. Maybe they went to high school or something.

“Are you the guy that got beaten up yesterday?” The man asked. Oh.

“Yeah.” Gerard replied, “Oh! That’s why I recognise you! Thanks for helping me and stuff. He was kind of an asshole.”

The man smiled, “Yeah, well. Your face is looking a bit better.”

“No it’s not.” Gerard snorted, as sweet as he thought the lie was. The man smiled at him and glanced at his basket.

“Balanced diet.” He commented, gesturing to the three tins of chicken soup, loaf of bread, and chocolate.

“Got to get my...” Gerard stared into his basket, “My...okay, I don’t even know what food groups I have.”

The man laughed and then paused before holding out his hand.

“I’m Frank.”

“Gerard.”

Gerard placed his basket down and they shook hands.

“I was thinking - well. Um. I’m in a band and we perform gigs at The Underworld sometimes. You know, if you wanted to come sometime.” Frank said, not making eye contact with Gerard.

“I really do want to come,” Gerard started, shifting uncomfortably, “But I work pretty much ever night, so I’d only be able to come really late.”

“That’s cool. We’re always on pretty late anyway.” Frank said quickly. Gerard smirked and put a pot of instant coffee in his basket.

“Then maybe I will.” Gerard smiled, quirking his eyebrows and walking off. He was pretty used to flirting with people to get stuff he wanted, whether it was a free drink or someone in his bed. He hadn’t been in a relationship in a long time though; no one stable wanted a boyfriend who made a living stripping for other people and fucking them on occasion too.

“You don’t have my number!” Frank called after him. Gerard smiled to himself.

“You know where I’ll be at eleven this evening.” Gerard called back, not even bothering to turn around. If Frank wanted it he was going to have to work for it.

*

Gerard stepped outside of the club to light a cigarette, with Charlie in tow. He leant against the wall and tilted his head back, letting the smoke drift from his lips. He sighed blissfully and closed his eyes - seventy dollars in tips plus the wage he was paid from the club, seven dollars an hour, and so he had enough money to pay his bills for the next month.

Frank still hadn’t come, but that was okay, he’d probably already realised that Gerard was a total wasted cause. He stripped for money. He flirted for more money. He fucked for even more. He was still in his suspenders and stockings, his corset tied around his waist uncomfortably, but he didn’t even care anymore. He didn’t have any other major concerns for the rest of the week now that the rent and bills were paid, unless there was a leak or something, and so he could afford to go out on the weekend, maybe.

Charlie went back in after a few minutes as it was pretty cold and they were both wearing next to nothing. Gerard stayed outside, cupping a hand over the end of the cigarette to warm himself up. He ran his hand through his hair and dropped the cigarette to the ground, crushing it under his heeled foot.

“Gerard!” A voice called from down the alley. Gerard squinted and made out Frank’s figure strolling towards him.

“Hey, Frank.” Gerard greeted, leaning against the wall again. Frank quirked his lips as he approached.

“Couldn’t figure out whether the club was down here or another alley - whatever. I’m here.” Frank shrugged, lighting up a cigarette. Gerard looked at him expectantly until Frank rolled his eyes and lit one for him.

“Cheers.” Gerard murmured, taking the cigarette between two fingers. They smoked in silence for a few moments.

“Did you want to go out somewhere?” Frank asked. “Assuming you’re done here?”

Gerard emitted a small laugh, “I’m so done here.”

He stubbed the cigarette out on the wall and turned to Frank.

“I’m just going to get changed. I can’t really go anywhere dressed like this. Um. You can come wait inside if you want?” Gerard asked, lingering outside. Frank nodded and followed him in, his eyebrows rising at the scene inside. Men wandered round, half dressed, in corsets and gowns and towels, make up and heels and tights flung everywhere, the soft music and jeers from the stage drifting through to the dressing room. Gerard held Frank by the upper arm and dragged him to Gerard’s mirror, placing him in the seat there. Gerard threw on a baggy t shirt and rolled his stockings down his legs unceremoniously. Trying to flash as little as possible, he pulled on a pair of light blue jeans.

“Could you untie this for me?” Gerard asked, turning so that his back was to Frank and lifting up his top.

“I can try.” Frank mumbled behind him, his hands skirting across Gerard’s back and untying the ribbons slowly and popping the clasps. Frank’s hands were cold against his skin, which was still flushed form his performance despite going outside. Gerard bit his lip as Frank’s hands trailed lower down his back, untying the corset. Finally, it dropped to the floor.

“Thanks.” Gerard murmured, picking it up and shoving it into his satchel. “Let’s go.”

“I was thinking coffee?” Frank suggested as they walked out the back door. “There’s this diner a few blocks away that’ll still be open.”

“Coffee sounds good.” Gerard said distantly, hiking his bag up his shoulder again. They walked in relatively silence, bumping shoulders every so often. While Gerard thought it was nice, he knew that this wouldn’t last for long. Maybe there would be a second date, and then Frank would decide that it was too weird/disgusting/unfair to see him again. Maybe he should just get it over with tonight so that he could just skip the inevitable crushing feeling when yet another relationship didn’t work out.

Frank opened the door for him and he smiled weakly, finding a booth and placing his bag down before sitting in it. Frank came and sat opposite him. They ordered their coffee when the waitress came and made small conversation. When the coffee came, Gerard kept his hands wrapped around the coffee to warm up from the walk.

Gerard established that Frank was in a band but worked shifts at the local corner shop, had dropped out of college a few months ago, and saw his mom every Sunday.

“What about you?” Frank asked, just after ordering a plate of fries. Gerard frowned into the remnants of his coffee.

“Um. Well, I’m a stripper, as you know.” Gerard said. “I have a brother, called Mikey. And I dropped out of college too. Except. Well, I say college. I mean high school. And I haven’t seen my parents in...two years? That’s pretty much it.”

Frank blinked a few times as the waitress placed the plate of fries between them.

“And sometimes I sleep with people for money.” Gerard blurted out quickly, taking two fries and nibbling on one.

“Okay.” Frank said cautiously, dragging out the ‘o’. Gerard leant back in his seat. “You fuck people in exchange for money? Like...”

“Like a prostitute. But not full time. Optional. I’m a half-hearted prostitute.” Gerard said, laughing. Frank snorted.

“So if you’re a part-time prostitute, I guess you’d have time to check out my band on Friday.” Frank said, leaning across to take a fry out of Gerard’s hand. Gerard looked down at his lap before looking at Frank.

“Perks of being part-time.” Gerard smiled, picking up another handful of fries.
Sign up to rate and review this story