Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Freak Like Me

Chapter Six

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2013-03-30 - Updated: 2013-04-05 - 757 words

0Unrated
I don’t sleep at all that night. I know it was ridiculous but I almost half expected Madam Octa to escape from her cage in sink her teeth into my flesh, her deadly poising killing me before I had even really lived. And then there was Gerard, the strangely seductive, yet deadly vampire who ran the Cirque Du Freak. Surely by now he had noticed his beloved pet was missing? What it he followed me home and killed me in my sleep? What it he hurt my family?
Mum was surprised to see me home when I burst through the front door a little after twelve, the Spider`s cage hidden in my backpack. It felt like an eternity ago I had packed it to stay over at Mikey`s house.
Mikey.
I sure hoped he was alright. He had been long gone when I left, his mother`s car left where he had parked it earlier. I waited a few minutes shivering, before running home. To be honest, I was glad he hadn’t been there; I didn’t know who the hell he was anymore. I mean, who in their right mind would want to become a vampire?
I get up just after the sun had risen; dark bags under my eyes making me feel even worse. I decided against texting Mikey, I chicken out like the cowardly custard I am. From under my bed I can hear Madam Octa rustling around in her cage, probably looking for food. Looking back now, I don’t know why I wanted her so badly, she was fighting, and I liked spiders, and deadly.
The many legged monster nearly killed my best friend and cost me my own life.

“Frank! Mikey`s here to see you!”
I didn’t want to see him, but wha could I do? I hadn’t seen him in over a month but I could hardly turn him away again, even if the thought of coming face to face with a wannabe killing machine made my blood run cold and hair stand on end. I try to tell myself that nothing had changed, that he was still Mikey-Batshit-Crazy-Way. Still my best friend.
He walks into my bedroom looking like someone had just run over his pet dog in front of his very eyes.
“We need to talk. I know you`ve been avoiding me, Frankie,” I couldn’t even deny it. “And…and I think I know why.”
I tell him everything, how I hung back after the show because I was worried about him, how I heard the whole thing between him and the creepily hot ringmaster slash blood drinker and how I had stolen the deadly spider. It all came gushing out before I could stop it.
Mikey sits in silence, his greasy hair hidden behind a grey beanie, eyes dull and emotionless.
“How could you want to become a vampire, Mikey?! It’s crazy!” I say totally not hysterically.
“You wouldn’t get it Frankie, you have everything.” he speaks calmly, not even once raising his voice. “You have a family that loves you, a good head on your shoulders, you’re smart, kind, funny, people like you and not because they are secretly afraid of you. You have everything. And what do I have?”
“You have me.” I whisper sadly. I knew my pathetic crush on my best friend was only one sided, but I thought I at least still meant something to him.
“I want more than this though, Frankie, I want-“
“To be a killer? To leave me all on my own?”
He shakes his head. “Just forget it, Frank. Let`s see this spider of yours then.”
I begin to tell him no, but he looks so damn crushed I change my mind and do as he wants, just like always. Mum was right, he did have me wrapped around his little finger, and he probably always would have, freaky, scary vampire or not.
Octa scurries out of her cage. I get her to show off some of the tricks I had been working on since I had been avoiding Mikey, and he loves it, clapping silently. But his phone goes off, God Save The Queen loudly blaring from the small device and startling the spider.
Everything happens in slow motion, I can still see the horror film unwind once more from behind closed eyelids even know. Octa leaps onto Mikey and in one swift motion, bites him, injecting her fatal poison into his veins.
Sign up to rate and review this story