Categories > Celebrities > Green Day

My Idiot

by Bobcats 1 review

After Billie's incident at the iHeartRadio Festival, Mike steps in. (Slash fic)

Category: Green Day - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2013-04-04 - Updated: 2013-04-04 - 1521 words - Complete

1Original
A/N: I was bored so I hope this doesn't bore you too much.

Mike's point of view

Our performance of Basket Case at the iHeartradio Festival was going completely fine, we were all having a good time, the crowd was cheering us like they would usually do and everything was going to plan until Billie spotted a slight trouble.

The second Billie stopped playing his guitar was the second my eyes almost jumped out of my sockets in shock, then I asked myself nervously if I should ask him what's wrong, but I decided against it.

“Fuck this shit! Give me a fucking break, one minute left. One minute fucking left. You’re gonna give me one fucking minute?” every body in the hall heard the 40 year old rant sternly, I knew I shouldn't have let him drink tonight.

“Let me fucking tell you something, let me tell you something" he continued, I knew this wasn't going to end well. I just hoped that he wouldn't get violant, I know what he can be like when he's pissed. "I’ve been around since fucking 198-fucking-8, and you’re gonna give me one fucking minute? You’ve gotta be fucking kidding me! You’re fucking kidding me. What the fuck!”

He had been clean and sober for almost a whole year, after Adrianne told him to clean up his act or she would leave him and then threatened to take the kids. He knew that even if there was a custody battle then he's lose because he was the motherfuckin' alcoholic, not her.

"I'm not Justin Bieber you motherfuckers!" He screamed at the audience in anger, the rest of the minute at the concert was a blur, Billie had smashed his masterpiece of a guitar up and stormed off-stage in a tantrum. I was shaking in horror, never had I seen the man act so aggressively infront of his audience.

Not long after Tre and I rushed to backstage, Billie was nowhere to be seen. We had checked everywhere nearby, the tour bus, any nearby hotels, restaraunts and we had asked strangers if they had seen him, but there was no luck.

Right now, we were both back at the iHeartRadio Festival, except the show had ended, everybody had went home over an hour ago and the place was almost completely empty. Tre was clearly shattered, but I was sure that he wouldn't give up on our friend.

After repeatedly searching the place many times, a sigh of exhaustion arrived inside me, what the fuck was he playing at?

"I'm gonna hit the bar, you comin'?" the sleep-deprived drummer questioned me, but I was still set on looking for my best friend.

"Nah, I think I'll just head back to the bus" I yawned. "Billie might be there"

"Suit yourself"

It took me around fourty minutes to get back to our gigantic tour bus, trying to figure out what kind of fuckery Billie was trying to pull. I slid to doors to the side, granting me entrance to the sweaty, disgusting place we where lived in day in, day out. I slowly made my way up the stairs, my head drooping to the floor like a dying flower, almost in shame.

"Mike" I voice whispered, I jumped immediately, startled my his appearance.

"What the fuck Billie?" I managed to say it straight to him, yet in a monotone. "We've been looking all over for you, we were worried si-"

"You sound like my fucking mother" he chuckled, horribly amused by my statement.

"It's not fucking funny you asshole!"

Billie was obvously more intoxicated than before, which didn't surprise me because...Well it was Billie! He could do whatever he fuckin' wanted to, he's a millionaire rockstar for crying out loud.

"What you gonna do about it, huh?" he retaliated but accidently fell to the floor, hitting his head straight on the rock-hard, wooden floor.

As much as he fucking pissed me off, I knew that I had to help him at such a desperate time. He couln't go back to drinking, what about Joey and Jacob? They need a father to be around them, a father to care for them and not some drunk-ass alcoholic.

I swiftly rushed to his aid, grabbing from under his shoulders and helping him back onto his feet. After almost stumbling over again I decided that it would be surely easier if we would sat down, then we could chat about his drinking problem.

I know he's as an asshole at times, but he's my friend and I only want to help. I pulled Billie onto the sofa and say beside him, I hope to God that what I was about to say would get though to him.

"Billie, you're an alcoholic" I began, breathing in deeply. "If you carry on this way then you're going to hurt the ones who love you"

I took another deep breath, this was more painful to talk about than the time I had to reject him. That's another story though, back in the old days I had caught him crying in this exact spot, I asked him what was wrong, he told me that it was all fine but I knew that he clearly wasn't. I had to tell him that he could trust me and that I hated to see him like that, well I did anyway but when I wasn't expect it our lips met. He was kissing me, I admit that I didn't prevent it at first, but I ended up pushing him off me and telling him that I was straight. We didn't speak for days after that, I had feelings for him back then too but I couldn't exactly admit it because I had a girlfriend at the time. I felt the same way he did, but I couldn't speak up and I regret it to this day.

That was nearly twenty years ago, right now we're talking about his motherfuckin' drinking problem. It's crazy how the time passes, how people mature...Or in Billie's case immature.

"Look, you have a wife and two kids, you don't want to give that up for a few fucking drinks do you?"

I had only just noticed that Billie staring into my sapphire blue eyes, in almost the same way he did on that same day he tried it on with me.

"W-What I'm trying to say is that I don't think it's right that you're willing to give up everything you ever worked for just for some cheap booz-"

Before I could speak any further, our lips collided once again, but this time I didn't stop it. I could feel his moist tongue slide down my throat as I grabbed his waist and pulled him ontop of me. You could taste the beer on his tongue, but that didn't stop me from doing anything, it was sheer Heaven to me.

I knew that what I was doing was wrong, but as Billie had always told me "Fuck it, life's too short, be happy, be yourself and enjoy it", for once I understood what he was saying.

Soft moans filled the room, I wasn't sure if they were coming from me or Billie but either way it was amazing. After a few minutes of a passionate make-out session, I had numerous hickeys left on my neck and as soon as we parted we were ghasping for air. Our bodies were full of heat and we were both blushing like a duo of love-struck schoolgirls, I had wanted this to happen for quite a while, but that wasn't the issue right now.

We both lay on the couch, wrapped up in each other's arms like we would with coats, gently stroking each other's hair. I still had one thing on my mind, one thing which I hoped wouldn't ruin the moment.

"Billie" I spoke as a gently caressed his soft, midnight-black hair. "Can you promise me something?"

"Anything dear" the way he spoke gave me butterflies, why is he so sexy?

"Promise me that you will get help"

He stayed silent for a moment and looked away, I knew he was ashamed but I couldn't let him go on like this, especially after how he acted at the iHeartRadio festival.

"Billie?"

"S-Sure" he finally whispered, I could taste his alcohol breath as he breathed against my mouth, I sighed in relief while seriously hoping that he didn't feel pressured. I only wanted what was right for him, after all I couldn't just sit there and let him destroy himself.

He's a huge idiot, I know that.

He's literally the most stupid person I know, he can never stay out of trouble, he loves to start shit to impress people. He deliberately does things without thinking about the feelings of his friends, his family or anyone else involved. He never knows when to shut up, it's unbelievable, he really is the biggest fucking idiot in the world, but he's not just an idiot.

He's my idiot.

A/N: Sorry if that was cheesy, I hope you liked it anyway.
Sign up to rate and review this story