Categories > Original > Drama > Jasper's Eyes

I'm Effy, by the way

by unleashthefandom 0 reviews

Jasper meets Effy for the first time.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2013-04-07 - 2558 words

0Unrated
And so, this is where my story beings. I think i am going to finish my Bio here, and move onto the bulk of the blog. This is 'My Story'

From that morning where I had fed the chickens, to where i had poured orange juice, to where i had agreed to assist the new neighbors move in to the guest house, a lot would stem, and a lot would change. Not only with me but with my whole family, and my town. But I don't think that I regret it.

So, I finished my pancakes and my unusually sweet orange juice and headed out across the lake to the guest house. The house was old and tired and in my opinion, slightly haunted. But it was big and cheap, so it was pretty popular in the summer as a holiday rental for unsuspecting city folk looking for a 'getaway'. Mostly old couples or young families, on one overly exciting. But then I saw this girl, woman, her hair was like an angle had taken a perfect shit on her head(in a good way). Her hair was long, wavy and brown, a pretty brown that not a lot of people have, but when they do, it looks magnificent. She was skinny too, but not the kind of skinny that looks like you could break her. The kind of skinny with wide hips and a tiny waist. She probably thought she was fat, but i didn't. I was nervous to help now. She was beautiful and I was not. She sat up a large stone by the shore of the lake. Listening to what i could only presume was something so indie that only a select few people had heard of it, and it would most likely stay that way. You could tell she was different to the other people around here because of what she was wearing; a leather jacket with studs on the shoulders, and clumpy red boots that went up to her ankles. She was kind of scary actually, the type of scary that is unfamiliar i mean. I used to see loads of people like her in New York, but that was a good 4 years ago now. She would get looked at very strangely if she went into town dressed like that. Perhaps she had some dungarees and leather boots in her leopard skin suitcase. The odds were slim though. It then dawned on me that as i had been thinking all of this, my legs has slowly been making their way closer and closer to the rock on which sh e as sat. I decided not to say hello to her and went straight over the the confused looking 40 something year old couple who were staring hopelessly at the key ring in their hands, which had about 30 different sets of keys attached to it.

"Excuse me?" I called, they both looked at me as if i was speaking in Gallafreian.
"I'm Jasper, my grandpa owns the house, I'm here to help you move in. " Their aces seemed to begin to comprehend what i was saying at this point.
"Jasper, hi, I'm Tracy and this is my husband Clyde" she said in a cheery tone of voice. When i was younger i had always wished to be called Clyde as for some reason it reminded me of the word cyclops, and Cyclopes were very interesting to 9 year old me.
"Nice to meet you both, um do you want some help with those keys?" They still looked as if they were struggling, and when i asked they both nodded enthusiastically in agreement. It was kind of obvious which was the key to the front door though because it looked as if came straight out of a fairy tale. Unlocking the door we all were greeted by the pleasant smells of old wood, dust and urine. Where the urine smell came from i do not know, and do not wish to find out. It was dark because all the curtains were closed and no electricity was in the house.
"OK well this is it. the bathroom s just over there, kitchen, living room, dining room," I pointed towards the different areas of the house as i rattled them off. "Just through the kitchen there's a back door leading onto the back yard, its got a porch and stuff out there too. You guys want to see upstairs?" I was hoping they would say no so i could get back inside my own house and play happy wheels until dinner, but of course they said, "yes, yes we would love to look!" - Great.
"Follow me, " I trudged up the stairs with the two of them trailing behind me like children in a candy shop. Personally i don't see why they thought it was so exciting. He house was run down and old and in serious need of a paint job, but they seemed to be acting as if it were Buckingham fucking palace.
"OK, so, this is the hallway, through here is the master bedroom," I said leading them through the bright blue door with a hook on the front in the shape of a sailboard. The room was big and had one of those window seats that you always see in movies but never in real life. "its really beautiful jasper, how long has it been in the family for?" Clyde asked, I realized that this was the first time i had heard him speak. "About 80 years or so? My grandpa moved here when he was 5, and hes been there ever since, this house used to be servants house though, so there's little bell systems all over the place."
Tracy laughed, but i'm not sure what was funny. "I'll have him running around for me like a dog" she cackled. Clyde looked genuinely scared. I felt bad for him.
"I'll show you the other bedrooms?" I asked. "No, no its OK love i think we can manage from here" Tracy cooed with a friendly smile while grabbing hold of her husbands arm.
"Well OK then, just call by the house if you need anything OK? I'll just go turn on the hot water and electricity for you. Oh and how long are ya'll staying form?
"Just 8 weeks." Clyde replied sheepishly. Just 8 weeks? most people only stayed for 8 days, I was happy that they were staying for a while though because that meant i had more time to plan out what i was going to do to get that girl, who i presume was their daughter, to notice me. I would need to speak to the guys about this one, even though we were all as lacking in experience as each other in the field of 'women'.
When I came out of the guest house to go back to my own home, the girl was gone.

Flash forwards. Its Sunday morning, and everyone HAS to go to church. Its like the law in my house. Go to church, confess your sins, start fresh on Monday, sin again, repeat. It was a vicious cycle really but the locals seemed to think it was OK so who am i to judge. I wondered if I would see Clyde and Tracy, maybe even their daughter.
For the teens of the town, church was just a large social event. The girls would all sit at the front and the boys at the back. Obviously being a boy i was expected to sit at the back. With me was max, a highly unattractive yet highly intelligent boy with brown ways hair and black eyes. Charlie; good cheek bones and poor conversational skills. Lastly there was Alex, he was my best friend. Tall, skinny good looking and hilarious. There were many other boys but i did not care much to know them, I like to keep myself to myself- bar these three.
"There's this girl who's moved into the guest ho use with her parents for the summer" I said to Charlie who was attempting to look as if he knew the words to the hymn that was being sung. He didn't respond to what I had just said so i continued without his acknowledgement, "shes really weird, she was jut sitting by the lake with headphones, then she just vanished. I don't know, but she was like, crazy hot, you think I should ask her out?"
"Maybe" charlie replied. - I think you should do it" Interrupted Alex. "Its summer, chances are she knows no body around here, shell be dying for a bit of attention" Alex continued. Max poked his head over Alex's shoulder and winked at me. Max seemed to think that he was Gods gift to women, despite the fact he had never had a girlfriend in his life and his idea of being 'sexy' was winking and wagging his tongue like he was trying to to get something off his nose.
Despite the advice, i was still unsure of weather i should confront her or not. What was i even meant to say? 'Hi my names jasper, you are very out of my league, would you like to go on a date with me?' Hells naw. The fact of the matter is, that girls that look like she does, aren't interested in boys that look like i do.
My last girlfriend, Mary had bucked teeth, a lazy eye and a boil on her chin. But i thought she was beautiful because she was funny. When you have no impressive physical features y of your own, you tend not to care about those of others. If someone likes you, you should be grateful, you should accept then and get to know their heart. They boy say that i'm cheesy because i believe in love, but i just think that they're unlucky because they don't.

After church that day, Mom, Grandpa and I all went to IHOP, just like we always did. I ordered cherry, mom ordered blueberry and grandpa ordered maple pancakes, because he believed that the only think to go on top of an american pancake was good ol' Canadian maple syrup. I find this ironic but i would never tell him that.
Mom talked about her new plans for her ballet class. She sad that she was thinking about signing up some of the older girls into a competition up in Boston with the company she used to dance for. Apparently they like 'raw' dance groups, and with Moms contacts she said she thinks they might rank. I thought that that might be cheating, but apparently its called 'industry help', I've never heard of it before but then again, I'm not in the 'industry'/
It was warm outside today, the sun looked as if it was smug. Proud of the job its doing to keep the world nice and toasty. Driving back home i noticed that a lot of people were outside today, more than there usually were. There was a father and son, it looked as if he was being taught how to ride his bike, because the little boy looked shaky and his father looked proud. I recall the day i learnt to ride my bike. My mom took me downtown to this abandoned car park and told me to just move y legs in circles, if i did that, then apparently i would have nothing to worry about. She was right, i moved my legs and sire enough with a few tumbles i was away. Though, being in New York there wasn't many places for 6 year old me to practice my new found skills, so i didn't really use my bike again until we moved here, and by that tie i had far grown out of it.
Upon arriving home i went up to my bedroom, to my laptop and went back to playing happy wheels. My favorite character was the irresponsible dad on the bike, because when the child falls off, he dad doesn't seem to care. I find that funny.
I don't know what made me do it but i opened my curtains, which i never usually do. Mom says that i'm going to turn into a vampire, but one does not simple 'turn into a vampire' from lack of sunlight. I mean seriously woman, read twilight. I'm glad I did open them though because over by the lake i saw that girl. She was in a bikini lying down on the rock. she looked like a fin-less mermaid. She was making me nervous because i felt as if by looking at her I as invading her privacy, but on the other hand I am a testosterone filled boy and there was a semi naked highly attractive girl a mere 50 meters away from me. I gave myself permission to stare. That was until she looked up at me. I don't know why or what possessed me to do this, but i ducked down under my window sill and stayed there for a good 3 minutes until peaking back up to see if the coast was clear. She had gone again so i presume she had gotten bored and forgotten about me.
I sat up and went back to Happy Wheels.
"Jasper, I need you to go and clean out the chickens please, a fox has gotten one and there's guts everywhere, thank you". Mother had a tenancy to ask me to do tasks, then leave before i could give my response. A very strategic move on her part. Discarding the fact that mysterious girl would most likely be out there and witness me having the scrape dead chicken off the ground, i got up and went outside, across the field and behind the guest house, to the chicken coop. As usual the chickens looked prepared for a fight, whoever said chickens were friendly if you raised them from chicks was clearly high. Brenda, our most prized egg laying bird had been with us all her life and she could be a moody bitch at the best of times.
The coop was a mess. Feathers everywhere and I think there was a bit of brain in the corner. Nevertheless I put on my marigolds and began scraping.
"What happened here?" I heard a voice from behind me say. I turned around - shit - it was her. She was still in her bikini and i was minding it hard not to look at her breasts instead of her face. Her hand was gently positioned on her hip as she leaned against the fence. Her hair, pulled back away from her face in a careless knot that i believe girls call a 'messy bun' . Speak Jasper, speak, i had to remind myself.
"Um, a fox, got on of the chickens, I'm cleaning it up," I'm sure i sounded like a a stuttering mess but i couldn't help it. I got so nervous around girls, especially ones as pretty as her.
"hmm," she said, nodded then walked away.
'what?' I though to myself.
She had the kind of walk that says 'look at me', i don't know weather she knew she was going it but it looked good. as i was about to look away she turned back around for a moment, smiled slyly and said the words., "I'm Effy, by the way."
Sign up to rate and review this story